Who "won" last night?....A Dem.'s perspective

Santorum is an asshole. He's essentially the is the poster boy for liberals' Strawman arguments against Republicans.

BS Even Rachel Maddow likes Santorum. Hes I'd say one of 3 republicans that at least sound a bit concerned about the economic situation of average americans.

I've never heard Rachel Maddow say anything remotely favorable towards Santorum. Santorum hates gays and has compared homosexuality to bestiality and incest

Actually, she speaks quite well of him and got him, the other day, to admit he regrets his "man on dog" comments. What she says of him is that he's the best natural speaker among the candidates. I would hardly classify that as "even Rachel Maddow likes Rick Santorum". And even if she did like him, she doesn't believe he should be President.

Hes one of the few candidates who has been a guest on her show, I think in a way she does like him....tho I am sure also she doesn't want him to be president......But Santorum I think would be a formidable general election candidate as he would have an appeal to blue collar workers, that most of these candidates wouldn't have.

He's one of two that are brave enough to go on her show. The rest got scared after Rand Paul vomited on himself on her show (which wasn't her fault).

Santorum's "other issues" would kill him despite his populist rhetoric.

Who is the other one? Gilmore? Rand Paul vomited on himself?....you mean figuratively? How?

If by his other issues you mean his opposition to gay "marriage"....I doubt that would kill him in a general election......remember even California voted against it and polls are manipulated.

I'm looking forward to Clinton/Biden/Sanders debates.

To reach the Democrat Party base they're going to have to out-left each other.

And....in doing so....alienate every American who is not already a card-carrying Communist.
Just like they did in 08 and 12? Are you fucks so delusional that you think Americans share your far right views? Most Americans are center, with some leaning to the right and some to the left. Most Americans agree with an immigration policy that allows those who have been here for years and not engaged in crime to stay. You clowns want to deport them all. Few Americans agree with you.
You stand corrected.
A solid 55 percent of registered voters oppose President Obama's most recent executive actions on immigration a new Quinnipiac University National pollreleased Wednesday found.
Poll Majority Of Americans Oppose Obama s Executive Amnesty - Conn Carroll

60% of likely voters think when it comes to immigration reform, gaining control of the border is more important than legalizing the status of illegal aliens in the United States [Rasmussen, March 2012].

55% of Americans oppose or strongly oppose Congress passing a bill to give some illegal aliens living in the U.S. a path to legal status. [USA Today/Gallup, January 2011].
Americans Oppose Amnesty NumbersUSA
Now apologize and mean it.
You are a fucking idiot. Here are polls that show you to be wrong. Immigration

Opposing the use of executive power as a means to achieve reform is not the same opposing the reform itself Most Americans favor a path to legal residency. There are numerous polls reported there that prove this. Now go fuck yourself.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to Clinton/Biden/Sanders debates.

To reach the Democrat Party base they're going to have to out-left each other.

And....in doing so....alienate every American who is not already a card-carrying Communist.
Just like they did in 08 and 12? Are you fucks so delusional that you think Americans share your far right views? Most Americans are center, with some leaning to the right and some to the left. Most Americans agree with an immigration policy that allows those who have been here for years and not engaged in crime to stay. You clowns want to deport them all. Few Americans agree with you.
You stand corrected.
A solid 55 percent of registered voters oppose President Obama's most recent executive actions on immigration a new Quinnipiac University National pollreleased Wednesday found.
Poll Majority Of Americans Oppose Obama s Executive Amnesty - Conn Carroll

60% of likely voters think when it comes to immigration reform, gaining control of the border is more important than legalizing the status of illegal aliens in the United States [Rasmussen, March 2012].

55% of Americans oppose or strongly oppose Congress passing a bill to give some illegal aliens living in the U.S. a path to legal status. [USA Today/Gallup, January 2011].
Americans Oppose Amnesty NumbersUSA
Now apologize and mean it.

A majority of voters want Congress to focus on passing immigration reform, not reversing President Obama's executive action on immigration, according to a new poll.cus on passing immigration reform, not reversing President Obama's executive action on immigration

The Beyond the Beltway Insights Initiative poll found 69 percent of voters favored Congress tackling legislation dealing with immigration — including 50 percent of Republicans. Democrats and independents widely favored a reform-focused approach.

The firms also asked voters to weigh in on different options for reform. Forty-eight percent said that Congress should pass a plan "that strengthens border security, and provides a pathway to citizenship for undocumented workers if they undergo a background check, pay taxes, and learn English."
Poll Majority want Congress to pass immigration reform TheHill

1. 86% of Republicans believe Congress should take action to fix the immigration system – Harper Polling, June 2014
  2. 78% of GOP primary voters support a step-by-step approach to immigration reform – North Star Opinion Research, June 2014
  3. 71% of voters back sweeping change to immigration laws – Politico, May 2014
  4. 89% of Latino voters said it is important that Congress address immigration reform before the next election – Center for American Progress Action Fund/Latino Decisions, May 2014
  5. 84% of Republicans want immigration reform – Global Strategy Group/Basswood Research, February 2014
  6. 69% of voters believe undocumented immigrants should be allowed to stay in the U.S. – New York Times/CBS News, February 2014
  7. At least three-fourths of Hispanics support each of the parts of the Senate’s immigration reform proposal – Collaborative Survey with 10 Republican Polling Firms, May 2014
  8. 73% of voters believe there should be a way for undocumented immigrants to stay in the country if they meet certain requirements – Pew Research Center, February 2014
  9. 81% of voters favor a plan that would allow undocumented immigrants to apply for citizenship – CNN/ORC International, January 2014
  10. 68% of voters support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants – Fox News, January 2014

BS Even Rachel Maddow likes Santorum. Hes I'd say one of 3 republicans that at least sound a bit concerned about the economic situation of average americans.

I've never heard Rachel Maddow say anything remotely favorable towards Santorum. Santorum hates gays and has compared homosexuality to bestiality and incest

Actually, she speaks quite well of him and got him, the other day, to admit he regrets his "man on dog" comments. What she says of him is that he's the best natural speaker among the candidates. I would hardly classify that as "even Rachel Maddow likes Rick Santorum". And even if she did like him, she doesn't believe he should be President.

Hes one of the few candidates who has been a guest on her show, I think in a way she does like him....tho I am sure also she doesn't want him to be president......But Santorum I think would be a formidable general election candidate as he would have an appeal to blue collar workers, that most of these candidates wouldn't have.

He's one of two that are brave enough to go on her show. The rest got scared after Rand Paul vomited on himself on her show (which wasn't her fault).

Who is the other one? Gilmore? Rand Paul vomited on himself?....you mean figuratively? How?

If by his other issues you mean his opposition to gay "marriage"....I doubt that would kill him in a general election......remember even California voted against it and polls are manipulated.

Yes, Jim Gilmore has been a guest on her show. And yes, Santorum's social conservatism would kill him in the General election...and it's not just his opposition to gay marriage although that would hurt him a great deal.

10 Outrageous Things Rick Santorum Has Said

And finally, yes Paul figuratively vomited on himself. It's where he blew it and said he'd repeal the Civil Rights Act.

Yes, Jim Gilmore has been a guest on her show. And yes, Santorum's social conservatism would kill him in the General election...and it's not just his opposition to gay marriage although that would hurt him a great deal.

And finally, yes Paul figuratively vomited on himself. It's where he blew it and said he'd repeal the Civil Rights Act.

I think you are deliberately miss-characterizing what Paul said.

social conservatism is something I think all the republican candidates claim to support. Santorum seems more genuine on that, and genuineness is a draw as attested by Trump and Sanders on the left.

social conservatism is something I think all the republican candidates claim to support. Santorum seems more genuine on that, and genuineness is a draw as attested by Trump and Sanders on the left.

You know there's tape of the interview. Nothing was mischaracterized. Rand Paul Caught Lying About Civil Rights Act

Yes, genuineness is a draw...and then crazy RW bullshit is a turnoff. Santorum would not fare well in the General because he says stupid crazy shit like contraception is bad.

You know there's tape of the interview. Nothing was mischaracterized. Rand Paul Caught Lying About Civil Rights Act

Yes, genuineness is a draw...and then crazy RW bullshit is a turnoff. Santorum would not fare well in the General because he says stupid crazy shit like contraception is bad.

Paul is perfectly honest about wanting to modify 1, ONE, of the ten parts of the civil rights act, IF IF he would have been around and in congress at the time it is written.

This is the gotcha journalism that the public abhors......Maddow some times brings up good points on things...this isnt one of those times.

Paul is perfectly honest about wanting to modify 1, ONE, of the ten parts of the civil rights act, IF IF he would have been around and in congress at the time it is written.

This is the gotcha journalism that the public abhors......Maddow some times brings up good points on things...this isnt one of those times.

He was honest and then walked it back...like most of his positions.

And social conservatism is widely unpopular in the main.

That is the core problem that the right has in primary season - the positions that speak to a significant portion of the base (and a portion that votes at that) are positions that are not tenable in the main.

That is why FISCAL conservatives and SMALL GOVERNMENT conservatives need to make some headway.

still better than the others

And social conservatism is widely unpopular in the main.

That is the core problem that the right has in primary season - the positions that speak to a significant portion of the base (and a portion that votes at that) are positions that are not tenable in the main.

That is why FISCAL conservatives and SMALL GOVERNMENT conservatives need to make some headway.

I dont think social conservatism is widely unpopular, probably keeps the republicans in power in large parts of the country.

I would say every damn one of the Republicans in Congress say they believe in smaller government....they are liars.

No, he's about the same as the others...except maybe the "others" wouldn't take out a guy robbing a liquor store with a drone.

No, he's about the same as the others...except maybe the "others" wouldn't take out a guy robbing a liquor store with a drone.

?...What did Rand say hed take out a guy robbing a liquor store? Don't remember hearing that......

the most effective thing Rand got in at the debate was saying he beats Hillary in polls in 5 states, some in states Obama won. The establishment is scared to death of Rand as they were of his father (who shouldv'e done what Trump is threatening to do, run 3rd party) .....I halfway think Trump is a shill...and if he is, he is meant mainly to take out Rand.....before Trump started his antics, Rand was doing pretty well as the main anti-establishment republican....now not so much...I also think Cruz may be playing the same role.

further evidence is that Christie came with his attack on Paul all laid out. With all the attention Trump was getting why not pick on the poll leader? Because Christie is a loud-mouthed coward who is sucking up to the big donors.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back