Who will be nominated to replace Scalia?

Your Opinions?

• Male

• Female

• White

• Black

• Latino

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sandr-Fluke-Ms.-Magazine1.jpg

Elections have consequences! The Republican Senate isn't going to approve of anyone Obama nominates. So Obama can pick anyone he wants but this will be their reaction:

Last edited:
Elections have consequences! The Republican Senate isn't going to approve of anyone Obama nominates. So Obama can pick anyone he wants but this will be their reaction:

Really? Do you want to explain how Loretta Lynch got the AG seat?

Do you even know what I am talking about? Better yet, what are you talking about? AG approval is far different than Justice approval.

Last edited:
Elections have consequences! The Republican Senate isn't going to approve of anyone Obama nominates. So Obama can pick anyone he wants but this will be their reaction.

I depends on how much Republicans want to lose in November.

Read her resume.

Resume has nothing to do with it - at least not in the context of the discussion. Unlike Supreme Court Justice, AG is not a lifetime appointment. The President simply needs to choose someone the other party (assuming the Senate is controlled by the opposite party) can stomach.

Posner.............I wish. It won't happen but I wish it would.

What will be the makeup of the person nominated to the Supreme Court?

If obama is allowed to put someone on the court it won't matter. They will be a hard core leftist with no regard to the constitution.........the Bill of Rights or the Rule of law.

I hope the Senate prevents it and leaves it for the next President.

She will be black, gay and to the left of Lenin. They are searching hard as we speak.

They don't have to search, they have had those anti American, leftist judges all lined up just waiting for a judge to drop.

Hopefully a moderate, not too left, not too right....with no political allegiances...you know, what a Justice is suppose to be.

I personally would love to see another female, to come closer to even, in the court....but a male moderate would be fine with me.... Not too young either....I don't want whoever it is on the court for the next half a century....

The next President will have at least 3 Supreme court Justices to replace....

"Asian" was left off the list. My prediction is Obama names an Asian male.

He doesn't need to name a woman. He did that twice.

With an Asian, Obama gets to dare the Republicans to block the first ever Asian SC nominee.

I'll throw out the name of Sri Srinivasan, a distinguished member of the DC Circuit Court, a young 48 years old, and someone who was on previous lists of possible SC nominees. Child of Indian immigrants, clerked for Republican judges. He was confirmed previously 97-0, so it would be very hard for the same senators who voted to confirm before to do an about-face and say he wasn't qualified.

Last edited:
The situation couldn't be worse for Republicans in an election year. If they block Obama's nominee, they piss off half the country. If they let it go through, they piss off the other half. In a year of dodgy Republican candidates, that could be the death knell.

Read her resume.

Resume has nothing to do with it - at least not in the context of the discussion. Unlike Supreme Court Justice, AG is not a lifetime appointment. The President simply needs to choose someone the other party (assuming the Senate is controlled by the opposite party) can stomach.

The question: Do you want to explain how Loretta Lynch got the AG seat?

Answer: Read her resume.

Forum List

Back