Who tells the biggest whoppers? Donald, Bernie or Hillary?

Sometimes I think this love affair with manufacturing jobs only exist because the communist manifesto told them that it is good. The entire idea behind communism is that people producing would be in some kind of class struggle and they would have to be around forever to produce the goods for the country. The important thing is the class struggle and not anything else. What else would explain the fact that there are many higher paying jobs than being a steel mill worker in today's economy.

Sometimes I think this love affair with manufacturing jobs only exist because the communist manifesto told them that it is good. The entire idea behind communism is that people producing would be in some kind of class struggle and they would have to be around forever to produce the goods for the country. The important thing is the class struggle and not anything else. What else would explain the fact that there are many higher paying jobs than being a steel mill worker in today's economy.
I believe the love affair with manufacturing jobs in this country came about because, for a few decades, a man could graduate from high school, work in a factory and raise a family while his wife stayed home with the kids. Economic reality and global competition, however, eventually set in and American manufacturing ceased to be a cash cow. For a while in the 90's, IT was much the same way. You could easily get a big raise just by quitting one job and grabbing another. IT, though still lucrative, is going the same way as manufacturing, with fewer workers doing more through automation.

Forum List

Back