Who should be sacrificed for the common good?

Hate crime laws protect ALL Americans.

Really? How does extra-harsh sentencing for killing - for example - a black person protect white people? How does extra-harsh sentencing for killing homosexuals protect straight people?

Sorry, but I've evolved out of the belief that some people are more valuable and important than others. I think the loss of EVERY life should be punished to the maximum extent possible, and ALL harm done to other human beings is heinous and disgusting, regardless of why.

Ditto.

Murder is murder no matter the reason.

Beating the shit out of someone is Assault and Battery no matter the reason.

I never could understand why anything is a hate crime. Jeeze. Talk about stupid.

He has a point if not a decent way of saying it. If she was Jewish and this idiot studied Mein Kampf.... Well it's a possible scenario...

Speculation when so little real, hard, confirmed facts are known, is really not very helpful.

well... judge roll, one of daddy bush, was one of the people who died and

Judge Roll in 2009, faced death threats after presiding over a $32 million civil-rights lawsuit. The lawsuit was filed by illegal immigrants against an Arizona rancher. After Judge Roll ruled the case would be certified, threats came from talk-radio shows which fueled controversy and spurred audiences into making threats against the judge[3].
The threats materialized after one show, Judge Roll's name logged more than 200 phone calls as some callers threatened the judge and his family
[3].
This resulted in the judge and his wife were under a protection detail for one month as Judge Roll was given twenty four hours a day, seven days a week security by the US Marshals Service. An US Attorney's investigation ruled that four men were identified as threat makers, but no charges were filed[3].

John Roll - Judgepedia Warning Graphic Image.

Sorry, but I've evolved out of the belief that some people are more valuable and important than others. I think the loss of EVERY life should be punished to the maximum extent possible, and ALL harm done to other human beings is heinous and disgusting, regardless of why.

Well, unless it is inflicted on the population by corporations... then it's okay, because those are the only "citizens" that really count, right?

Really? How does extra-harsh sentencing for killing - for example - a black person protect white people? How does extra-harsh sentencing for killing homosexuals protect straight people?

Ditto.

I never could understand why anything is a hate crime.

If I murde you because I hate your guts or I murder you for you wallet your just as fucking dead. Jeeze talk about stupid.
Correct.
Increasing criminal pentalties for nothng more than a supposedly intolerable intent is nothing more than attempt to impose morality.

Ditto.

I never could understand why anything is a hate crime. Jeeze. Talk about stupid.

If your murdered because someone hates you or your murdered because someone wants your wallet. Your just as dead. Murder is murder even without the hate attached.

The murderer won't be executed or spend life in prison any differently.

Correct.
Increasing criminal pentalties for nothng more than a supposedly intolerable intent is nothing more than attempt to impose morality.

criminal law is an attempt to impose morality. So is religion and much of what we call education.

Really? Any proof, or just talking out of your ass again?

Why don't you ask the people in West Virginia that now have black water coming out of their wells because war criminal Bush (I hate him more for this than Iraq... almost) made it legal for coal companies to just blow up the mountains of Appalachia.

Ditto.

If your murdered because someone hates you or your murdered because someone wants your wallet. Your just as dead. Murder is murder even without the hate attached.

actually they will. And yes there is a difference, the lynching is terrorism, the robbery is robbery.

Correct.
criminal law is an attempt to impose morality. So is religion and much of what we call education.
False.
Criminal law is nothing more than a deterrent against people violating the rights of others.
Murder isn't illegal because it is wrong, it is illegal because it violates the rights of the victim.

Last edited:

actually they will. And yes there is a difference, the lynching is terrorism, the robbery is robbery.

Are they going to execute him twice???

Will he die in jail more than once with a lifetime sentence??

Seems rather silly to me.

Anyone who thinks "job killing regulations" include worker safety and exposure to carcinogens needs to be sacrificed for the common good.

No man is ever taller than when he stoops down to dopeslap an imbecile.
editec​

That retort, whitehall, makes you a tall enough to be a potential center for in the NBA

Last edited:

Are they going to execute him twice???

Will he die in jail more than once with a lifetime sentence??

Seems rather silly to me.

typically murder carries a 7 year sentence in the US.

Terrorism and hate crimes carry additional terms.

False.
Criminal law is nothing more than a deterrent against people violating the rights of others.
Murder isn't illegal because it is wrong, it is illegal because it violates the rights of the victim.

it's all about morality. That is why you can literally steal $50 billion via white collar fraud and get a lesser sentence than you would for stealing $200 with a handgun.

And that is why the sentence for selling crack cocaine is more severe than the sentence for selling powder cocaine.

Same rights violated in each case, wildly different sentences. It's about morality.

False.
It's all about morality.
No. Its not. Criminal law is -all- about the protection of the rights of the people.

This is, after all, why government was instituted among men - to protect rights, not to impose someone's version of morality on someone else..

It's all about morality.
No. Its not. Criminal law is -all- about the protection of the rights of the people.

This is, after all, why government was instituted among men - to protect rights, not to impose someone's version of morality on someone else..

That is why you can literally steal $50 billion via white collar fraud and get a lesser sentence than you would for stealing $200 with a handgun.

And that is why the sentence for selling crack cocaine is more severe than the sentence for selling powder cocaine.

Same rights violated in each case, wildly different sentences. It's about morality.

It's all about morality.

You are incorrect.
Differing degrees of punishment reflect differing degrees of violation (or the threat thereof) of the right in question, not some subjective decision that one crime is morally worse than others. Criminlaw law punishes you because you violated (et al) the rights of others, not because you did something morally wrong.

You are incorrect.
Differing degrees of punishment reflect differing degrees of violation (or the threat thereof) of the right in question, not some subjective decision that one crime is morally worse than others.

That is just a bald faced lie. The sleazy Ponzi schemer who steals the retirement assets of hundreds of seniors committed the far greater crime than the kid with a pistol who stole $200 at a corner market.

And cocaine is cocaine.

If criminal law wasn't all about morality then why are nearly half of all incarcerated felons in the US in on drug charges?

Why is Marijuana even illegal?

Why do we distinguish between hate crimes, terrorism (selectively) and violent crimes?

Why are victimless crimes like arson selectively treated as terrorism?

Why is war not considered a criminal act yet pointing a weapon over $20 is a felony?

It's all about morality.

Interesting how you seem to want to present those who DON'T think some lives are worth more than others as the bigots. :eusa_eh:

When a black man in the old south was killed as an example to all blacks, fear and hatred was spread to all blacks in the town. The victim of a hate crime is not just the individual but all members of the hated group. It is a more heinous crime and should be punished more severely.

Hate is not a crime.

It is the act which should be punished not the thought.

Forum List

Back