Who really supports our Troops?

If you were alive back then, you would have informed on the revolutionaries.

It was the conservative Torries who remained loyal to the king and ratted out their countrymen for personal gain

"We support firefighters, but we don't support them putting out fires."

"We support the police, but we don't support them arresting criminals."

Now...do you see how silly it sounds when you say "We support the troops but not their mission"?

Our Armed Forces put their lives in our hands without reservation. They trust those in power to make wise decisions on when armed conflict is required and when it is not. Putting their lives in jeopardy when it is not required is not supporting the troops
And if we left it to liberals to decide when armed conflict is required, we'd still be under the British crown.

And this is relevant to the Iraq war how exactly?

It seems to me like a cheap red herring.

Last edited:
Now...do you see how silly it sounds when you say "We support the troops but not their mission"?

i agree.....how can you say ..."hey i support you guys ,BUT, i dont like what your doing over there and i dont support it".........so how can someone support someone doing something that you are totally against them doing it?......i never understood that logic....
especially when civilians are killed during a battle and the "supporters" are calling for the troops involved asses....Support means you stand with them even during the so called collateral damage.....

The troops must accept the mission regardless of how ill-advised it may be. They must rely on the American public to speak out against wars that put our soldiers at risk for little benefit
like i said previously Rw...if you support them,then you must support them and their efforts 100%....not until something goes wrong and then like some so called "supporters" in the American public have done, are calling for their heads.....which has happened before....

Last edited:
i agree.....how can you say ..."hey i support you guys ,BUT, i dont like what your doing over there and i dont support it".........so how can someone support someone doing something that you are totally against them doing it?......i never understood that logic....
especially when civilians are killed during a battle and the "supporters" are calling for the troops involved asses....Support means you stand with them even during the so called collateral damage.....

The troops must accept the mission regardless of how ill-advised it may be. They must rely on the American public to speak out against wars that put our soldiers at risk for little benefit
like i said previously Rw...if you support them,then you must support them and their efforts 100%....not until something goes wrong and then like some so called "supporters" in the American public have done, are calling for their heads.....which has happened before....

No

"My country right or wrong" is not what our founding fathers fought for.
You can support our troops without supporting the decisions by politicians that put them in harms way. Americans have an obligation to oppose Military conflicts that are unjust, ill advised or are being continued long past their usefulness

If the founding fathers were not liberals...what would you call the Torries who were loyal to the King?

Liberalism relates to the desire to look at things as they are and evolve them to a changing environment. Conservatives seek to retain the current structure. Neither position remains static over time.
Liberals today don't value individual liberties. They place greater importance on government control over individual lives. This is what the Founding Fathers opposed.

Bull Shit....You listen to Rush Limbaugh too much

Who was it that fought for womens rights? Civil rights? Gay rights? Liberals are the ones who have fought for the rights of the individual throughout our history.

Conservatives have fought for the rights of corporations to infringe on our individual liberties.

Gay rights? gays already have as many rights as anyone else.

Civil rights? It wasn't the democrats who fought to give rights to anyone. Democrats have never fought for anyones rights

So tell me rightwinger since you think liberals have always fought for oithers rights why are they back tracking and restricting rights from others now? Why are they against the freemarket?
Why do they support cap and trade
Why do they support forcing other to pay for someone else healthcare?
Why are they for gun control?
Why do they want to control what people eat?

Last edited:
ThinkProgress Support For Veterans Shows Sharp Partisan Divide
According to an analysis by the nonpartisan Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America Action Fund, Republicans in Congress have dramatically failed to support our troops after they come home.
...Of the 94 elected officials that earned an A or A+ rating from IAVA, 91 were Democrats. Of the 154 officials who received a D or F, 142 were Republicans...
When it actually comes down to it, Republicans just run their mouth about supporting our Troops, Democrats actually back up their talk. See if your representative supports our Troops: IAVA Action Fund Congressional Report Card | IAVA Action

It's a really vague question, but the answer is the tax payers.

If the founding fathers were not liberals...what would you call the Torries who were loyal to the King?

Liberalism relates to the desire to look at things as they are and evolve them to a changing environment. Conservatives seek to retain the current structure. Neither position remains static over time.
Liberals today don't value individual liberties. They place greater importance on government control over individual lives. This is what the Founding Fathers opposed.

Who was it that fought for womens rights? Civil rights? Gay rights? Liberals are the ones who have fought for the rights of the individual throughout our history.

Conservatives have fought for the rights of corporations to infringe on our individual liberties.
I don't listen to Limbaugh at all.

And you're wrong. Liberals don't support individual freedoms, because liberals don't recognize the individual. For them, the collective is all that matters.

Our Armed Forces put their lives in our hands without reservation. They trust those in power to make wise decisions on when armed conflict is required and when it is not. Putting their lives in jeopardy when it is not required is not supporting the troops
And if we left it to liberals to decide when armed conflict is required, we'd still be under the British crown.

Of course it does. It's easier than dealing with the fact.

Gay rights? gays already have as many rights as anyone else.

Civil rights? It wasn't the democrats who fought to give rights to anyone. Democrats have never fought for anyones rights

So tell me rightwinger since you think liberals have always fought for oithers rights why are they back tracking and restricting rights from others now? Why are they against the freemarket?
Why do they want to control what people eat?

Why are they against the freemarket?

Liberals encourage a free market, they also oppose deregulation of the markets

Because we need a sensible energy policy that has not been written by the oil companies. Carbon based energy has long term costs on the environment, encouraging alternative fuel sources with cleaner substitutes will protect generations to come

Because others are paying right now for emergency room care for the uninsured. Using the emergency rooms as your primary healthcare provider costs much more than ensuring everyone has coverage

They are for sensible limitations on what guns you can have and where you may carry them

Why do they want to control what people eat
Most liberals don't care what the hell you eat

No

You can support our troops without supporting the decisions by politicians that put them in harms way. Americans have an obligation to oppose Military conflicts that are unjust, ill advised or are being continued long past their usefulness

then get on the politicians not the troops if something goes wrong in a conflict.....

Lets go with this being accurate.

This story is just about today and the near past.

Why did Clinton get troops killed in Somalia? we had no business there at all.

Why did JFK send troops to VN? They never attacked us, so we had to draft men in. Then when they returned, liberals, and only liberals, threw dog shit on them.

So lets not pretend that liberals care one bit about the troops.

No

then get on the politicians not the troops if something goes wrong in a conflict.....

The troops can't make a decision to pull out....the politicians can

I don't listen to Limbaugh at all.

And you're wrong. Liberals don't support individual freedoms, because liberals don't recognize the individual. For them, the collective is all that matters.

Actually no..you are wrong.

Very wrong.

During the Bush years, Conservatives, with great glee I might add, have found a new "other" and used it as a justification to snatch away essential Liberties from all Americans.

Like the right to freedom from illegal search and seizure.

Like the right to challenge incarcerartion.

Like the right to worship and practice religion as an indivdual pleases.

Like the right to a speedy trial.

Like the protection from cruel and unusual punishment.

They did this is very real, specific and demonstrable ways.

Last edited:

Why did JFK send troops to VN? They never attacked us, so we had to draft men in. Then when they returned, liberals, and only liberals, threw dog shit on them.

This is interesting...I'm sure you have a link of Liberals throwing dog shit on Combat Veterans

Somalia started with the Bush administration..and was a continuance of that policy.

Two Thumbs said:

Eisenhower stopped the General election in Vietnam which he acknowledged that Mihn and his Viet Cong would have won handily..then sent in trainers for the South Vietnamese armies.

And this is brand new..I never heard of anyone throwing dog shit on troops. I was alive back then and knew quite a few vets from Vietnam. None of them spoke about the spitting either..although there might have been a handful of those incidents. Which you probably could count on one hand.

Two Thumbs said:

Sure lets. Starting with the GI Bill.

Of course it does. It's easier than dealing with the fact.

Lets do deal with facts. The Liberals were the revolutionaries during the war of independence..the Conservative were the Tories..who were just fine with the British Crown.

Somalia started with the Bush administration..and was a continuance of that policy.

Two Thumbs said:

Eisenhower stopped the General election in Vietnam which he acknowledged that Mihn and his Viet Cong would have won handily..then sent in trainers for the South Vietnamese armies.

And this is brand new..I never heard of anyone throwing dog shit on troops. I was alive back then and knew quite a few vets from Vietnam. None of them spoke about the spitting either..although there might have been a handful of those incidents. Which you probably could count on one hand.

Two Thumbs said:

Sure lets. Starting with the GI Bill.

hmm,

Seems I was off. The dog shit may have been an isolated incedent. (that's what I get for thinking the History channel is accurate)

I can't find any links showing Bush sr started the fighting in Somalia, just Clinton.

How does Ikes' actions excuse JFK's'?

GI Bill?

How about the downsizing that put Vets out of thier chosen careers

The downsizing of the military was the result of the end of the Cold War and a restructuring of the military.

The Military is never offered as lifetime employment. Enlisted personnel have a set enlistment period. Officers are always subject to dismissal if they do not make rank

The downsizing of the military was the result of the end of the Cold War and a restructuring of the military.

The Military is never offered as lifetime employment. Enlisted personnel have a set enlistment period. Officers are always subject to dismissal if they do not make rank

The Military is never offered as lifetime employment.We do sign contracts that last years. Contracts that if we break, hold some harsh consequents. Enlisted personnel have a set enlistment period. Officers are always subject to dismissal if they do not make rank but not enlisted.

I'm no longer shocked at the open support of the criminal treatment of Vets that leftist give Clinton. clinton got us killed in Somalia for nothing then as thanks he put us on the street by criminal means. And only 1 out of thousands have ever said what he did was wrong.

Forum List

Back