Who Pays the Taxes? Who Should?

What is your preference for a federal tax system?

• Do away with income and business taxes and go to a fee system.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • The rich should pay more.

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Keep the system as it is now.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lower taxes for all.

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • A flat tax for all.

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Other and I'll specify in my post

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
So I assume you are adamantly against extending the bush tax cuts that are set to expire at the end of the year?

I want the current tax code scrapped completely.

Everyone and I mean everyone with an income, regardless of its source, should pay the same rate.

I have suggested 10% of gross income. That would result in a net increase of revenue and a savings of billions each year from gutting the IRS. Not to mention the billions in annual savings from the public not having to hire tax attorneys and accountants to figure out their returns.

Asking some people to pay 20% or more of their income in federal income taxes taxes while allowing others to pay nothing is unjust.

That's great but now what I asked. Since that obviously isn't going to happen anytime soon I wanted to hear your opinion on a real world situation.

So I assume you are adamantly against extending the bush tax cuts that are set to expire at the end of the year?

I don't want tax rates raised higher than they are. I would rather see an end to all the ridiculous tax credits and exemptions in the current tax code.

Yep, simple huh? Not so simple is 10% of your dollar leaves you $45,000; 10% of my dollar leaves me with $90,000 and 10% of David Koch leaves him with (my best guess) $90,000,000

You should post in green to symbolize your envy

Says the idiot who is jealous of poor people. Some life you must have that it looks like poor people have it too good to you.

Keep trying oh envious one.

I have never said I want anything a poor person has. What I said was anyone with an income should pay income taxes. How you get envy from that I don't know. You're the one posting people's income as scarlet letters not me.

I want the current tax code scrapped completely.

Everyone and I mean everyone with an income, regardless of its source, should pay the same rate.

I have suggested 10% of gross income. That would result in a net increase of revenue and a savings of billions each year from gutting the IRS. Not to mention the billions in annual savings from the public not having to hire tax attorneys and accountants to figure out their returns.

Asking some people to pay 20% or more of their income in federal income taxes taxes while allowing others to pay nothing is unjust.

That's great but now what I asked. Since that obviously isn't going to happen anytime soon I wanted to hear your opinion on a real world situation.

I don't want tax rates raised higher than they are. I would rather see an end to all the ridiculous tax credits and exemptions in the current tax code.

So then you don't actually care about everyone paying. Got it.

I figured you were a hypocrite, thanks for confirming.

You should post in green to symbolize your envy

Says the idiot who is jealous of poor people. Some life you must have that it looks like poor people have it too good to you.

I have never said I want anything a poor person has. What I said was anyone with an income should pay income taxes. How you get envy from that I don't know. You're the one posting people's income as scarlet letters not me.

You want poor people to be poorer. You want their money. You're jealous of the poor. That much is clear.

The funniest thing about rethugs is that Mittens want to cut taxes on everybody.
And in the same breath will complain about how 47% of Americans don't pay any Federal Income tax.

And poor people are not taking advantage of itemized deductions. Cutting the deductions out means nothing to the poor.

So, cut taxes for the richest under the guise of cutting taxes for ALL of us. Then they bitch bitch bitch about the poor not paying enough in income taxes. All the while promising to cut taxes rates for everybody. WHICH IS IT? Are the poor not paying enough or do the poor need another tax cut?

Why don't the rethugs just come out and say that they want to cut taxes for the richest and raise taxes for the rest of us.

Isn't honesty the best policy?

foxfyre said:
Who Pays the Taxes? Who Should?

other: The Fair Tax. The Fair Tax solves the theory of honest believers of both sides.

Right: Low, flat taxes that minimize interference in free markets.

Left: It is the least regressive tax. I said the least regressive because there is no such thing as a progressive tax. All taxes, except the death tax, are baked into the price of goods we buy. And the receivers of both income and investment income receive more pay for the taxes. So they are actually neutral. You don't go get an engineering degree to pay more taxes, you do it to get more income, so the company has to pay more to make up for the taxes as well. So all taxes are regressive because the less you earn, the more of your income you spend.

I say honest because while a true liberal would support the Fair Tax, few of the actual liberal will because they would be giving up one of the chief weapons in their arsenal for class warfare. But a true liberal who is in it because they care about people would recognize the truth that minimizing regressive taxes is the best that can happen, and the Fair Tax is the best way to achieve that.

So then you don't actually care about everyone paying. Got it.

I figured you were a hypocrite, thanks for confirming.

Nice try.

I answered your question on your terms assuming that the tax code won't be made just by instituting a flat tax. Assuming that I stand by my answer.

It has nothing to do with feelings.

You want poor people to be poorer. You want their money. You're jealous of the poor. That much is clear.

True what you write. And we have billioniares acting like they are victums. An amazing state of affairs we have come to.

And again, Mittens wants to cut taxes for all and in the same breath complains that poor people don't pay enough taxes.

Which is it rethugs?

Yeah wanting everyone to be treated the same is the same as wanting their money.

Keep trying little sheep

True what you write. And we have billioniares acting like they are victums. An amazing state of affairs we have come to.

And again, Mittens wants to cut taxes for all and in the same breath complains that poor people don't pay enough taxes.

Which is it rethugs?

The lowest federal income tax rate is 10%. So I don't want anyone to pay more than that and no one with an income should pay less.

You realize that with the increased revenue ans savings realized by instituting a flat tax that there would be more money for the social safety net don't you?

If your idea is so amazing why can't you name a single politician who supports it? Not one.

Remind me who has bitch slapped who when you can't give me an answer.

So now your standard for a good idea is whether or not some corrupt scum sucking motherfucking politician approves of it?

Baaaaa Baaaaaa

Good point, EVERY politician is corrupt throughout the history of time. Remind me who you are supporting in this upcoming election? Remind me who you decided was worth voting for in the last election or the one before that.

I rarely if ever vote for anyone in the Republicrat party. I tend to vote third party or write in.

You realize that with the increased revenue ans savings realized by instituting a flat tax that there would be more money for the social safety net don't you?

They don't care. Even when asked if he would raise taxes on the rich even if it generated no more Federal tax revenue, Obama said he would. Taxes are first and foremost to the left a weapon of class warfare.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJimLZRC9N8]Obama: Let's Raise Capital Gains Tax Even if Less Revenue- Fairness - You might be a Leftist... - YouTube[/ame]

He's said the same thing about the income tax.

Yeah wanting everyone to be treated the same is the same as wanting their money.

Keep trying little sheep

Everyone is treated the same. Show me in the tax code where anyone is singled out by name.

So now your standard for a good idea is whether or not some corrupt scum sucking motherfucking politician approves of it?

Baaaaa Baaaaaa

Good point, EVERY politician is corrupt throughout the history of time. Remind me who you are supporting in this upcoming election? Remind me who you decided was worth voting for in the last election or the one before that.

I rarely if ever vote for anyone in the Republicrat party. I tend to vote third party or write in.

Are they corrupt?

Keep trying little sheep

Everyone is treated the same. Show me in the tax code where anyone is singled out by name.

When some can avoid the income tax altogether or even receive more in refunds than they pay in and others pay upwards of 20% of their income you cannot make the argument that everyone is treated the same.

Are they corrupt?

Most likely which is why I also never vote for incumbents

There should be laws on taxes. Should people that don't own property have to pay a property tax? Should the people that own more expensive property have to pay more property tax, or should it all be the same. If you don't own a boat should you have to pay a boat tax, a car tax, and so on. If there is a tax on income, should those with a greater income pay a higher tax?
Lincoln started it, and the Constitution was amended to make it all legal and shippy-shape, but it suddenly seems that a tax on income is unGodly, wrong, communistic, and every other Republican argument one can think of. Why has a tax on incomes seemingly suddenly become so unAmerican, so evil so unfair, while a tax on groceries is so fair and so American? When and who started the income tax battle?

Keep trying little sheep

When some can avoid the income tax altogether or even receive more in refunds than they pay in and others pay upwards of 20% of their income you cannot make the argument that everyone is treated the same.

Show me what is preventing you from "benefiting" in the same way that a poor person benefits from the tax code. Nothing is stopping you, just become poor. You'll get the same treatment that the poor receive.

Forum List

Back