Who needs an assault rifle?

Nope, "shall not be infringed" has nothing to do with need.

It has other word too, like ... being necessary to ...

Right, the people being armed is necessary to maintain a free state. The right is inalienable. The need is only if you wish to remain free, which is up to the individual.

It doesn't matter what you think might be needed to remain free. It doesn't matter if you wish to be subjugated, the right of the people to be armed is one we're born with and it shall not be infringed. There is no need that has to be established because it's a right.

You're reading that into it and being merely an NRA propoganda scholar and not a Con Law scholar.

If you beat your wife, you'll lose your gun rights, which have nothing to do with your need to be free and everything to do with keeping the state safe.

Right, the people being armed is necessary to maintain a free state. The right is inalienable. [...] The need is only if you wish to remain free, which is up to the individual.

It doesn't matter what you think might be needed to remain free. It doesn't matter if you wish to be subjugated, the right of the people to be armed is one we're born with and it shall not be infringed. There is no need that has to be established because it's a right.

... insofar as it serves the need of the state.

The Supreme Court has ruled the right is an individual one, not a collective one.

Like you, am no Con Law scholar.

And how do you know what I am? Either way, you're ignoring what I said. You don't know anything about firearms, and are therefore not qualified to begin to discuss who "needs" a certain type of weapon, or to characterize people who may possess such type weapons. Particularly when you're characterizations are juvenile ad hominems.

So I look at the way things are.

No. As you've just confessed, you have no actual expertise or knowledge that is relevant to this issue. Therefore, you can't possibly look at things "the way they are." Instead, you look at things the way you want to see them.

And indeed, the tools of war are not to be purchased nor owned by the civilian population in the USA, in most cases.

Even if we accept this idea as true (which is dubious in and of itself, which you would know if you knew anything about second amendment rights) I'm not sure what relevance it has here. There are no M-16s being owned or purchased by the civilian population.

If you bothered to look out your fucking window, you would know this.

Temper, temper. The person who reacts with anger to an intelligently expressed opinion is the person who lacks intelligent expression for his own opinion.

In any event, I just looked out my window and let me tell you what I saw. A few cars in the parking lot. Some neighbors walking about, checking the mail, leaving with their kids, etc. None of this does anything to suggest that so called "assault" weapons should denied to any of them, if they so choose to own them.

Right, the people being armed is necessary to maintain a free state. The right is inalienable. [...] The need is only if you wish to remain free, which is up to the individual.

... insofar as it serves the need of the state.

You're mistaken. Everybody knows an armed populace is necessary, but even if you don't believe that (which would be crazy), the right still exists. In fact, it's an INALIENABLE right. You're born with it, whether you choose to exercise that right or not and whether you think think it's necessary or not. That's the idea of an inalienable right. The SC has ruled on this as well when they confirmed owning a firearm is an individual right (meaning inalienable) that has nothing to do with a militia.

Who needs high definition television? Me

Who needs Cadillac Escalades? Rappers with larger entourages needing the extra seating capacity.

Who needs fine wine and filet minon? People who cannot grill tastier cuts and have them come out tender.

Who needs Nike shoes? Lance Armstrong, until recently.

Who needs video consoles and games? Children without access to books.

Who needs..................................

LIVE FREE OR DIE! (Folks fighting a death sentence might not agree.)

See bolds above ^^^^

I like how you equivocate the meaning of "need" when it suits you.

The point obviously sailed over your head.

When dipshits start deciding that evidence of a "need" is necessary to exercise our inalienable rights, then that is when they become tyrant wannabes.

I was a marketing exec for a few decades. So yeah; we tend to blur the lines between want and need. :)

Also, we don't shit too seriously. We make the big bux, have fat expense accounts. Life is good. So chill out and enjoy it.

Right, the people being armed is necessary to maintain a free state. The right is inalienable. The need is only if you wish to remain free, which is up to the individual.

You're reading that into it and being merely an NRA propoganda scholar and not a Con Law scholar.

If you beat your wife, you'll lose your gun rights, which have nothing to do with your need to be free and everything to do with keeping the state safe.

Well duh! All rights can be taken away from a citizen (even his life) with DUE PROCESS. That has nothing to do with the fact that owning a firearm is an individual right that has nothing to do with need.

Nope. That's who can have them, and not who needs or wants one.

For example, I do not want nor need one. Chicks are telling me all the time, "Wow; you're big for a white guy." So clearly, I need no assault rifle, nor would I waste time playing around in the woods with middle aged, fat-gut virgins in camo, with the intelligence of fucking fruit flies, when the bitches are wanting my spare time for doing other things.

Ya feel me?

Pssst sparky, when "chicks" tell you that you're big, they mean that at 5'1" and 425 pounds, you're fucking fat.

It's not a complement.

Well, you're right that it's not a second amendment issue. It's a 14th amendment issue, regarding a person being deprived of life or liberty through due process of the law.

And how do you know what I am? Either way, you're ignoring what I said. You don't know anything about firearms, and are therefore not qualified to begin to discuss who "needs" a certain type of weapon, or to characterize people who may possess such type weapons. Particularly when you're characterizations are juvenile ad hominems.

So I look at the way things are.

No. As you've just confessed, you have no actual expertise or knowledge that is relevant to this issue. Therefore, you can't possibly look at things "the way they are." Instead, you look at things the way you want to see them.

And indeed, the tools of war are not to be purchased nor owned by the civilian population in the USA, in most cases.

Even if we accept this idea as true (which is dubious in and of itself, which you would know if you knew anything about second amendment rights) I'm not sure what relevance it has here. There are no M-16s being owned or purchased by the civilian population.

Temper, temper. The person who reacts with anger to an intelligently expressed opinion is the person who lacks intelligent expression for his own opinion.

In any event, I just looked out my window and let me tell you what I saw. A few cars in the parking lot. Some neighbors walking about, checking the mail, leaving with their kids, etc. None of this does anything to suggest that so called "assault" weapons should denied to any of them, if they so choose to own them.

I've read your drivel, and can assume with great certainty that you're abject moron; ergo, no great legal mind.

Meanwhile, whilst looking at cars and shit out your window, did the concept of "metaphors" pop into your pinhead?

Unless obama and Holder are at the controls, the odds of the government using drones against its citizens are ZERO. I'm willing to bet that if the military were ordered to fire on US citizens for failing to comply with an unconstitutional law, President obama would be in custody in a matter of minutes.
I will not only take that bet, I'll give you odds.

Remember Kent State? The students there were exercising their First Amendment rights.

As were the Occupy protesters on Wall Street who were unlawfully brutalized by NYPD. Do you think the majority of those cops would hesitate to open fire on those protesters if ordered to? The military operating under those same circumstances would be precisely analogous to those cops, the only difference being their uniforms and weapons.

But the most compelling example of the U.S. Army being turned against American citizens occured in 1932, when President Herbert Hoover ordered General Douglas MacArthur to clear an encampment of WW-I U.S. Army veterans who were demanding to be paid the bonus which was promised to them. General MacArthur led a cavalry unit and an infantry battalion and a tank company which brutally cleared the tent city those impoverished veterans and their families (wives and children) had gathered in on the outskirts of Washington DC.

Bonus Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read this Wikipedia report and let me know if you still want to bet.

I've read your drivel, and can assume with great certainty that you're abject moron; ergo, no great legal mind.

Meanwhile, whilst looking at cars and shit out your window, did the concept of "metaphors" pop into your pinhead?

Do you have anything to offer that involves intellect, or is your entire position based on ad hominems?

There are very few things we need in this life to survive. Food, water, shelter and something to protect us from harm. For some that meant hand-maid clubs, for others it meant swords, bow & arrows or guns....it's all relative.

I personally don't need a gun, but if I got one it would be for protection and nothing more. I see no reason to use something that was intended to kill as merely an instrument for entertainment. That's just me though.

Would you outlaw martial arts then?

When I was younger I spent many hours a week practicing form (Kata in Karate) with the Cerndo and Darndo (Chinese broadswords.) These were weapons very much created as instruments to kill, yet I practiced them purely for entertainment.

Well, you're right that it's not a second amendment issue. It's a 14th amendment issue, regarding a person being deprived of life or liberty through due process of the law.

Sorry, nowhere in the 14th does it say you can or cannot lose your other rights. It's just life, liberty and property that's secure and subject to due process vis a vis the 14th. So you cannot be executed, jailed nor have your shit siezed without due process.

The more someone says I should not have something, the more I feel I need one.

I did not shoot a bunch of kids, and I do not appreciate being lumped in with someone who did. The fuckfaces who want to deny me my rights because they stereotype a group of people based on the actions of one deranged shitbird are bigoted ignorant assholes, pure and simple.

Last edited:

Do you have anything to offer that involves intellect, or is your entire position based on ad hominems?

Yeah; read up thread. All manner of stuff. But occassionally a retard like yourself comes along and I cut to the chase: you're a moron (not deserving of too much of my effort.)

Sorry, nowhere in the 14th does it say you can or cannot lose your other rights. It's just life, liberty and property that's secure and subject to due process vis a vis the 14th. So you cannot be executed, jailed nor have your shit siezed without due process.

*shakes head*

I dislike this new rule that prohibits me from negging you a second time today. Your lack of even the most baseline knowledge is reprehensible.

Forum List

Back