Who is the greatest athlete in history? My top 3 picks are Muhammad Ali and...

The greatest athletes in history and why they are so great

My top 3 are - Muhammad Ali, Floyd Mayweather and Michael Jordan. Reasons go beyond sporting achievement, but their impact on the world and cultural beliefs as well. Just watched a documentary on Ali and damn that is one incredibly talented sportsman. Respect

042215-BOXING-Muhammad-Ali-Floyd-Mayweather-Jr-MM-PI.vresize.1200.675.high_.39-740x431.jpg
Jim Brown. One of the best lacrosse players ever.
Was Jim Brown better at lacrosse than football?

Wilt Chamberlain was also great in Track and Field. Very good hIgh Jumper and Long Jumper. Also very fast for his size

Saying you disagree ("bull") is not a rebuttal.

Anecdote from Chamberlain's autobiography. During the time when Cassius Clay was banned from boxing (in effect), there were various plots to schedule events so he could make some money. He fought a karate expert in Japan, for example.

One such fiasco was presented to Wilt Chamberlain: a boxing match with Ali. Chamberlain was inhumanly strong, relatively quick, and had an inhuman length of "reach." Thought he could do anything he wanted. He liked the idea.

But before the ball got rolling, one of his friends got wind of it and asked him a simple question: "What could you do to Ali in a one-on-one basketball game?" "Now ask yourself: what makes you think he couldn't do the same thing to you in a boxing ring."

The match, obviously, never happened. Wilt backed out after this conversation.
One of my favorite stories was when Jim Brown wanted to get a fight with Ali. Brown was a great athelete and as tough as they come.

NFL great Jim Brown quickly gave up idea of fight with Muhammad Ali

Brown had retired from the Cleveland Browns after the 1965 season, while Arum began promoting in 1966. Ali was the heavyweight champion and entering his prime, while Brown was becoming an actor. Arum felt indebted to Brown, so he decided to see if he could convince Ali of the merits of the idea.

"So I went to talk to Ali," Arum recalls. "He says, 'Jim wants to do what? Bring him here.' So I took him to Hyde Park in London, where Ali used to run. Ali said, 'Jimmy, here's what we're going to do: You hit me as hard as you can.' So Brown starts swinging and swinging, and he can't hit him. He's swinging wildly and not even coming close. This goes on for, like, 30 seconds. Then Ali hits him with this quick one-two to his face. Jimmy just stops and says, 'OK, I get the point.'"

My top 3 are - Muhammad Ali, Floyd Mayweather and Michael Jordan. Reasons go beyond sporting achievement, but their impact on the world and cultural beliefs as well. Just watched a documentary on Ali and damn that is one incredibly talented sportsman. Respect

042215-BOXING-Muhammad-Ali-Floyd-Mayweather-Jr-MM-PI.vresize.1200.675.high_.39-740x431.jpg

Well let's see, there is Bo Jackson, Bo Jackson, and Bo Jackson.

After all, he was at the top of any sport he played as where Michael Jordon was pathetic at baseball.

After all, he was at the top of any sport he played as where Michael Jordon was pathetic at baseball.

Jordan playing baseball was a farce and just something to do to stay in the news while suspended from basketball! That wasn't the official reason, but it's the truth nonetheless! Reinsdorf owned the Bulls with Einhorn who also ran the White Sox! Jordan was still making money so why not put his arse to work for the press coverage alone back in '95? :19: :21: :abgg2q.jpg:

Jordan playing baseball was a farce and just something to do to stay in the news while suspended from basketball! That wasn't the official reason, but it's the truth nonetheless! Reinsdorf owned the Bulls with Einhorn who also ran the White Sox! Jordan was still making money so why not put his arse to work for the press coverage alone back in '95? :19: :21: :abgg2q.jpg:

So what? He still was a putz on the baseball diamond.

Jordan was not suspended

He took some time off after his father was killed

Bruno Sammartino, The Fabulous Moolah and Abdullah the Butcher.

Sammartino and Moolah had fantastically long title reigns, and Abdullah has been wrestling since the 1950's- the greatest individual ever to come out of Sudan.

The 3 greatest athletes in history are...
  1. Bo Jackson
  2. Bo Jackson
  3. Bo Jackson

A lot of good 2 sport athletes out there. Big Cat Ernie Ladd was a All-Pro in the AFL and champion wrestler, Tim Tebow excels in both football and baseball, Primo Carnera was the heavyweight champion of the world in boxing as well as wrestling.

The 3 greatest athletes in history are...
  1. Bo Jackson
  2. Bo Jackson
  3. Bo Jackson

A lot of good 2 sport athletes out there. Big Cat Ernie Ladd was a All-Pro in the AFL and champion wrestler, Tim Tebow excels in both football and baseball, Primo Carnera was the heavyweight champion of the world in boxing as well as wrestling.

Fake wrestling doesn’t count as a sport.

Carnera got his ass kicked by Jack Dempsey.

Has Tebow hit a 450 foot home run at Royal Stadium?

Carnera got his ass kicked by Jack Dempsey.

Has Tebow hit a 450 foot home run at Royal Stadium?

Carnera was beaten by Max Baer
It was in Cinderella Man

Forum List

Back