Who is served first at the dinner table?

Who is served first at the dinner table?

• Total voters
My mother was always the last person to dish up even though she prepared most of the meals. If we dared to eat before she finished or before grace my father would take the plate away and send the offender to their room without supper.
Your answer...

Is absolutely ....

CORRECT!

The most traditional household award goes to MDK! How you grew up gay, we'll never know.:rofl:

My mother was always the last person to dish up even though she prepared most of the meals. If we dared to eat before she finished or before grace my father would take the plate away and send the offender to their room without supper.
Why is family dinner a form of punishment?
The most memories of beltings I had as a small child, were at the dinner table. I remember very often being dragged away and belted. It was like a sacred ceremony that I kept fucking up for some reason.

The most memories of beltings I had as a small child, were at the dinner table. I remember very often being dragged away and belted. It was like a sacred ceremony that I kept fucking up for some reason.
Why people have eating disorders

Why people have eating disorders
I refused to eat breakfast cereal for years after I left home and to this day I have a strictly, eat in front of the TV policy under my roof. :D

Maybe there are women out there who actually PREFER to do the serving around the table.

I thought feminism was about choices, not about making everyone follow your own view of how to live life.

There are women out there who actually PREFER to NOT do the serving around the table.

Feminism is about choices. The woman's choice, not the choice of some passive-aggressive old man on a gender power trip typing on a messageboard.

This caught my eye as an interesting question because I have a friend who adheres to a quirky little thing.... Whenever I am invited over for dinner, he prepares the meals... He is the Master Chef of the family. His wife can't boil water... Whenever dinner is served... he calls his wife to fix her plate first.

In MY family, we always let the guests serve themselves first or we'd serve them first. But in his household, his wife comes before anyone else. Once she has fixed her plate, everyone else can serve themselves and he goes last. I have never questioned this custom but I've always found it a bit peculiar and kind of endearing in a way. It's sweet that he puts his wife above all others.

I would consider that quite normal. My wife is an excellent cook but I do most of it. She always commences the meal.

Greg

What is the big deal with "who goes first"?

When the food is ready, eat it and enjoy it

Since when did it become a big deal? It is merely a nicety. I am at a loss as to why you would put it into such strong terms.

Greg

As far as I'm concerned everyone gets their own plate and serves themselves then cleans up after them selves

That is the way it is done in our house.

Food is placed at the center of the table and you serve yourself. If something is out of reach, you ask someone to pass it.

When you are done eating, you take your plate, rinse it off and put it in the dishwasher

Agree with this. Except as kids each of us had chores each weak and we rotated. So someone did dishes for a week. And, this held for holidays so if you got stuck with doing dishes on Thanksgiving after the whole family came over you were doing dishes for an hour.

Yes; same here. A Golden Rule was "the cook doesn't do the dishes". The roster stood!!!!

Greg

Because your parents make you eat disgusting things like mushy old peas! :cheeky-smiley-018:

I love peas. I was one of those kids that loved to eat his vegetables.

upload_2016-9-16_18-16-0.png

Greg

Maybe there are women out there who actually PREFER to do the serving around the table.

I thought feminism was about choices, not about making everyone follow your own view of how to live life.

There are women out there who actually PREFER to NOT do the serving around the table.

Feminism is about choices. The woman's choice, not the choice of some passive-aggressive old man on a gender power trip typing on a messageboard.

I'm only 41.

And I'm sure the women that prefer not to don't do so, and if forced to, its a symptom of greater issues in the marriage.

I would love to see the outcome of me forcing my wife to do this, or even back in the day my grandfather forcing my grandmother. It would be a shitstorm.

Current feminism is about women knowing better than what some other women want to do with their lives.

Because your parents make you eat disgusting things like mushy old peas! :cheeky-smiley-018:

View attachment 89706

Greg
Does anyone know what the peas on a knife thing is about? I ask because as a little girl, I remember my grandfather doing that. He didn't eat everything else with a knife. It fascinated me but in retrospect, I wonder why such a weird difficult thing to do.

Personally, I prefer that others do not "serve" me

I would rather pick what I want on my plate, how big a portion and where I place it on my plate

View attachment 89706

Greg
Does anyone know what the peas on a knife thing is about? I ask because as a little girl, I remember my grandfather doing that. He didn't eat everything else with a knife. It fascinated me but in retrospect, I wonder why such a weird difficult thing to do.

Peas work better with a straw

Personally, I prefer that others do not "serve" me

I would rather pick what I want on my plate, how big a portion and where I place it on my plate

The only time I serve is when it's something messy, like Osso Bucco, especially since all that marrow can come out if improperly done. Even then I do it at the kitchen counter, not at the person's plate.

View attachment 89706

Greg
I trap my peas in the mashed potatos.

your assumption is that a woman is serving all of you. why would you assume that?

I'm not assuming anything. In fact, you've just highlighted why Islam will take over the West.

that's quite the leap.... you asked if "The man of the house" should be served first or if the kids should be served first? who was doing that serving if "the man of the house" is sitting and the kids are sitting?

nice leap though....insane....delusional but nice leap.

and thanks for reminding us what misogynists rightwingnut twits are
what a moron, fucking leftist twat reads in and get offended

what a hack

help Help, I'm being oppressed!!!
quick. vacuum in the evening to show your defiance when your husband is trying to relax!
Reminds me of a girlfriend that used to live with me.

She knew damn well that I hitched up my air compressor to my truck in the morning and threw my 90lb air hammer in it, and, that hammer makes a hell of a lot of noise.

So she chooses to vacuum the fucking carpet when I get home 12 hours later when all I wanted was some peace and quiet so I could eat and help teach HER teenaged kid how to do her algebra schoolwork that was difficult for her.

My GF didn't have a job and had all fucking day, every day, to vacuum the fucking carpet.

I disabled the vacuum cleaner. And a few days later I kicked her and her kid out of my house and started dating a married girl who was a very acrobatic electrician that I met on a jobsite.

Forum List

Back