Who is more religious, Donald Trump or Pete Buttigieg?

• Donald Trump

• Pete Buttigieg

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who the hell is Buttgag and why should I worry if he's religious?

I didn't vote for Donald J. Trump to be my preacher. I voted for him to fix my country.

Why do you care?

Because this forum tends to lend to the right, more conservative and more Republican. That tends to equate with being more religious. So naturally, when you have someone like Donald Trump and someone like Pete Buttigieg, a forum like this, it makes for a very interesting poll question.

Who the hell is Buttgag?

You can read all about him right here: Pete Buttigieg - Wikipedia

Pete Buttigieg is currently the Mayor of South Bend IN and is a veteran of the Navy, 8 years service. He is also a veteran of the war in Afghanistan. He is currently a candidate to become the next President of the United States.

Neither. Trump has no particular interest in religion. Nor has he indicated any opinion on gays.

Buttplug has no religion. He is an abomination to Christianity. His interest in religion is superficial at best.

WRONG! Pete Buttigieg is a member of the Episcopalian Church and is a congregant at the Cathedral Of St. James in downtown South Bend Indiana. Pete Buttigieg got married at the Cathedral of St. James last summer. I don't see anything that Buttigieg has done that would make him and abomination to Christianity. He is a veteran of the United States Navy serving 8 years. He served in the war in Afghanistan. He is far ahead of Trump in terms of living a Christian life of service.
According to the Bible homosexuality is an abomination. He cannot live a Christian life fucking another man.

He was in the Naval Reserve not active military. His unit was called up. Don't make it more than it was.

is it important?

Only if you're U2 and A) want to be sure everyone knows that Trump is 100% bad and wrong in every possible way you can think of, and B) that what the Bible says isn't actually what it means if leftists decide they don't like it.

Otherwise, no.

Since I have a pretty good idea of how trump lives; lies, cheats, cons people, stiffs his creditors, insults the dead, pisses on the constitution, insults soldiers, cheats at golf, grabs pussy....

it's pretty obvious that Buttigieg, even if he was an atheist, would be more religious than trump.

Neither. Trump has no particular interest in religion. Nor has he indicated any opinion on gays.

Buttplug has no religion. He is an abomination to Christianity. His interest in religion is superficial at best.

WRONG! Pete Buttigieg is a member of the Episcopalian Church and is a congregant at the Cathedral Of St. James in downtown South Bend Indiana. Pete Buttigieg got married at the Cathedral of St. James last summer. I don't see anything that Buttigieg has done that would make him and abomination to Christianity. He is a veteran of the United States Navy serving 8 years. He served in the war in Afghanistan. He is far ahead of Trump in terms of living a Christian life of service.
Homosexuality is an abomination. Their book says it.

The Bible is a collection or library of nearly a 100 different books. Different views on issues are expressed in those books, plus what is written is open to interpretation and dependent on translations and older meanings and definitions. The Episcopalian Church has found that being a homosexual is not inconsistent with teachings of Jesus Christ, which is why the Episcopalian Church allows gay people to marry in the church.

How is anyone supposed to judge that, given that none of us actually know either of them?

You can judge the by what is known about them and their lives. Their behavior, how they have served their country or others. Their views on the issues. How they treat people.

is it important?

It is to me and others who equate religious belief with good moral behavior and integrity. It certainly tends to be important to conservatives and Republicans who on average have deeper faith and are more religious than Democrats.

Really? So if you're suddenly so all-fired concerned about "good moral behavior and integrity", presumably as represented by the Bible and other religious teachings (since you asked who was more religious), does that mean you agree that homosexual relationships are sinful?

Or is this a catch-all "Conservatives should agree with me on morality, and on hating Donald Trump and believing he should die!" sort of deal?

I wouldn't hire either to be my pastor. Why is this in politics?

Because this can be a political issue, especially for conservatives. Because there is a chance that Pete Buttigieg could go up against Donald Trump to become the next President of the United States. There is no better place than here for this to be discussed.

Because this forum tends to lend to the right, more conservative and more Republican. That tends to equate with being more religious. So naturally, when you have someone like Donald Trump and someone like Pete Buttigieg, a forum like this, it makes for a very interesting poll question.

Who was more religious, Obama or Bin Laden?

Since I have a pretty good idea of how trump lives; lies, cheats, cons people, stiffs his creditors, insults the dead, pisses on the constitution, insults soldiers, cheats at golf, grabs pussy....

it's pretty obvious that Buttigieg, even if he was an atheist, would be more religious than trump.

Good, then please vote in the poll for Buttigieg.

is it important?

It is to me and others who equate religious belief with good moral behavior and integrity. It certainly tends to be important to conservatives and Republicans who on average have deeper faith and are more religious than Democrats.
....I don't believe in god and I have good, moral behavior/etc

Maybe you do, but most Americans would prefer a President that believes in God. Most Americans believe in God and tend to vote for candidates that believe in God. That's why there are no Atheist in the House Of Representatives, Senate or White House. We have IN GOD WE TRUST printed on are money.

There's a difference between/among "believes in God", "is religious", and "good moral behavior", dummy.

And while most Americans would ideally prefer that their President share their beliefs, they get that a President who doesn't necessarily believe as they do but protects their right to do so beats someone who mouths the right words but infringes on their rights.

Who was more religious, Obama or Bin Laden?

Not the topic of this thread, but Obama by several light years.

Homosexuality is an abomination. Their book says it.

The Bible is a collection or library of nearly a 100 different books. Different views on issues are expressed in those books, plus what is written is open to interpretation and dependent on translations and older meanings and definitions. The Episcopalian Church has found that being a homosexual is not inconsistent with teachings of Jesus Christ, which is why the Episcopalian Church allows gay people to marry in the church.
The Episcopalian Church decided to buckle under to gay demands. There has been no revelation that the Church has suddenly discovered a new interpretation. Not at all. Gays whined and demanded and intimidated. And there are still Episcopalians who won't accept the normalization of perversion. And it is perversion.

Forum List

Back