who is lori ann smith?

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by strollingbones, Nov 5, 2009.

1. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    i noticed jen sig's with ....in memory of...or justice for....and a url....being the nosey nell i am ....i checked it...

Virgil Delano Presnell Jr., 43, was sentenced to death in October 1976 in Cobb County. Five months earlier, on May 4, 1976, he kidnapped two school girls . Mr. Presnell lay in wait for the 10- and 8-year-old girls, he confessed. He raped and sodomized the older girl and when 8-year-old Lori Ann Smith tried to run away, he drowned her in a stream. His sentence was overturned in 1992 by a federal appeals court. Mr. Presnell is still awaiting a new sentencing trial.

Augusta Georgia: metro@ugusta: Profiles of inmates on Georgia's death row 9/20/97

no need to bore you with all the details....he gets off the orginal death sentence cause some dude at the hotel the jurors were staying at...said "fry him" as the jurors passed by....

he confessed and showed them the body..i am not for the death penalty but if you are gonna have it...you need to enforce it...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I am pro the DP for certain crimes and certain types on individuals. This guy ticks the box for me.

3. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    i changed my mind totally about the death penalty cause of the way its used in the us....i have no moral qualms with killing...some people just flat out need killing...but i do not rejoice in death...

in the us...the death penalty is used to force a confession..ie....confess and we will take the dp off the table...plus in texas you have people being put to death while men have been on death row much longer..and its all due to the laws at the time they were sentenced...let me be clearer...

if you were sentenced 20 years ago..you have unlimited appeals...if you were sentenced 3 years ago...limited appeals...so men who were sentenced long ago are still alive and appealing..while men who were sentenced 3 years ago are dying. that just doesnt seem just to me.

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    We probably view the DP quite similarly. I have no objection to the DP as the ultimate punishment for the ultimate crime. Serial killers, child killers, those who kill LEOs (because they are sworn to protect us and I feel we owe it to them to treat their murderers harshly).... but the way it is applied in the US is hinky in many circumstances.

And, I don't buy into the 'deterent' thing - to me, it is just that some people need killing.

5. JD_2B

JD_2B Little Vixen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Texas Department of Public Safety - Courtesy, Service, Protection
    [​IMG]

Name: Lori Ann Smith AKA: Lori Ann Miller Case Number: M0906009 Case Type: Other Last Seen in: Fort Worth (Tarrant County) Last Seen on: 6/8/2009 Height: 5' 7 " Weight: 120 lbs. Age Missing: 37 Eye Color: Green Hair Color: Blonde Date of Birth: 2/14/1972 Race: White Sex: Female State Missing From: Texas Country Missing From: USA Circumstances: Ms Smith has multiple tattoos: a tropical bird on her lower stomach, 2 small birds on an unspecific shoulder, and a mask on her left ankle. She was last seen wearing orange shorts and a short sleeve t-shirt. Ms. Smith suffers from a medical condition and may require medical attention.
    You can contact the Missing Persons Clearinghouse at :
    Missing Persons Clearinghouse
    Texas Department of Public Safety
    P O Box 4087
    Austin, Texas 78773-0422
    Phone: (512) 424-5074
    Helpline: (800) 346-3243

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  6. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
  7. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    This person, considering he admitted to his atrocious deeds, would also fall into my very narrow and rare instance of accepting a death penalty decision.

8. JD_2B

JD_2B Little Vixen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +118
    I am generally anti- and I say that anyone who admits guilt should not be killed..

Especially in cases where the DP is the final factor in getting a plea.

If the guy had refused he had done it and was still found guilty, AND showed no remorse, then I could at least understand the sentiment people have for wanting him to die..

Otherwise, I feel that the death penalty is state sanctioned murder, regardless of innocence or guilt. As long as the person is not being killed while in the commission of a felonious and violent crime, as a mode of protecting the immediate livelihood of the individual or individuals being violated, then the government should not OK the outright killing of anyone.

I do understand the sentiment, though- I just wish that more people were more for arming all citizens not in jail, with open carry as a constitutional right by the 2nd amendment, as a means of stopping violent criminals in their tracks, red-handed, so to speak. I have no problem with the person getting killed (better yet, destroyed)- but only DURING the commissioning of the crime itself.

9. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,740
    This is the kind of criminal that I believe would be best served up some good old fashioned American justice by being hung publically in the town square for everybody to witness what happens to creeps like this. This guy deserves no mercy and for sure not a long life sitting around some prison watching tv and playing in the weight room waiting for father time to kill him. Hang this bastard.

10. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    Why would that negate the death penalty?