Uk plans to ban pint beer glasses for safety.

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Plans to replace the traditional pint glass with one made of shatter-proof plastic will not be accepted by drinkers, the pub industry has warned.

The Home Office has commissioned a new design, in an attempt to stop glasses being used as weapons.

Official figures show 5,500 people are attacked with glasses and bottles every year in England and Wales.
In other news, the Home Office debuted the new official uniform required for all British citizenry, after it was revealed 10,000 are injured each year by falls.

prototype-this-06-airbag.jpg

Last edited:
Plans to replace the traditional pint glass with one made of shatter-proof plastic will not be accepted by drinkers, the pub industry has warned.

The Home Office has commissioned a new design, in an attempt to stop glasses being used as weapons.

Official figures show 5,500 people are attacked with glasses and bottles every year in England and Wales.
In other news, the Home Office debuted the new official uniform required for all British citizenry, after it was revealed 10,000 are injured each years by falls.

I am so glad mom chose (for me and my sister as well) US Citizenship over Scottish.. My mom immigrated from Scotland, and was a citizen of the US when I was born, but apparently if you are born in the US, you get to choose between the two, within a certain timeframe.

Next they will outlaw steak knives..

I always had great resepect for our brethren across the pond.... not so much anymore. They're turning into a bunch of pussies. But we're headed there too.

We're all turning into nations of wimps ready to turn our very being over to a bunch of drug addicts in DC.... refusing to take even a modicum of responsibility for our own fate.. very depressing.

I am so glad mom chose (for me and my sister as well) US Citizenship over Scottish.. My mom immigrated from Scotland, and was a citizen of the US when I was born, but apparently if you are born in the US, you get to choose between the two, within a certain timeframe.

It's already in the works...

Doctors' kitchen knives ban call

A&E doctors are calling for a ban on long pointed kitchen knives to reduce deaths from stabbing.

Doctors say knives are too pointed

A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings.

They argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon.

The research is published in the British Medical Journal.
The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all.
They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen.

newpointhome.jpg

In other news, the Home Office debuted the new official uniform required for all British citizenry, after it was revealed 10,000 are injured each year by falls.

I hope not...beer out of plastic is disgusting.

It made sense when they stopped dropping glass shot glasses in pint glasses for Irish Car Bombs....but THIS????????????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45vJYokwgm0]YouTube - Trainspotting - Begbie scena pub 2[/ame]

ever been for a pint in a proper Scottish pub?

If they were allowed to have guns, there wouldn't have been 5,500 glasses and bottles used as weapons. :eusa_whistle:

It's already in the works...

Doctors' kitchen knives ban call

A&E doctors are calling for a ban on long pointed kitchen knives to reduce deaths from stabbing.

A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings.

They argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon.

The research is published in the British Medical Journal.
The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all.
They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen.

newpointhome.jpg

And people say you don't have to ride the slippery slope all the way to the bottom.

One wonders when or if the British citizenry will discover that they still have a set of balls?

Or don't they? Perhaps the Health service removes them at birth after a finding that testostrone is hazardous.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Forks are pointy, ban them.
Manual can openers are pointy, ban them.
Skewers are pointy, ban them.
Cake testers are pointy, ban them.
Nutpicks are pointy, ban them.
Sharpened pencils are pointy, ban them.
Pens are point, ban them.
Corkscrews are pointy, ban them.

The bubble wrap pic sums it up perfectly.

If Docters want scalpels banned then won't Docters only have scapels....

I do not believe that is the case today. America recognizes dual citizenship as does the UK.

I do not believe that is the case today. America recognizes dual citizenship as does the UK.
And I wish we had not changed that.

Forum List

Back