81-year-old Tasered by Eielson Air Force Base police

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
http://newsminer.com/pages/full_sto...police &id=4253637&instance=home_Most_popular

FAIRBANKS — An 81-year-old man was Tasered during a traffic stop last week.

It is the second time since 1998 that police have had to make a show of force during a traffic stop to arrest Glen M. Wilcox, a Fairbanks-based Episcopalian priest and real estate agent.

Court documents allege that officers with Eielson Air Force Base’s 354th Security Forces Squadron pulled Wilcox over just after 1 p.m. Wednesday for going 11 miles over the speed limit on the Richardson Highway.

“They waved to me and I thought that meant I could go on,” Wilcox said. “They stopped me again and told me to get out of my car.”

He eventually got out of his vehicle and was told to put his hands behind his back, something he claims is physically impossible for him.

“I showed them I could barely touch my fingertips and they insisted,” he said.

Multiple cops in their 20's need a taser to take down a 81 year old man who can't even put his hands behind his head? Sounds like a real threat to me. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Where's the link to the person and publisher who wrote the full story?

You can go ahead and delete or edit this post. I was editing it originally when I accidentally pressed enter. I edited it accordingly.

Forum List

Back