Who is an American here?

I'm from Vietnam. Born and raised here
015.gif

I'm a foreigner in the sense that my parents moved our family to the U.S. back in the early 80's, but I've since become a U.S. citizen. I was also a foreigner in the sense that I spent two semesters studying in France over 10 years ago, but I returned to my home state of California where I still live.

Do you consider English as your native language?

I'm a foreigner in the sense that my parents moved our family to the U.S. back in the early 80's, but I've since become a U.S. citizen. I was also a foreigner in the sense that I spent two semesters studying in France over 10 years ago, but I returned to my home state of California where I still live.

Do you consider English as your native language?

Maybe not my native language, but it's definitely the language I'm most fluent in and most comfortable speaking. My English is better than my French, which is better than my Korean, which is about as bad as my Spanish lol.

Fully American here. My dad used to tell me I am one of the few of the last remaining original "daughters of the Republic".

Full blooded American southern redneck here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for me, I am not a foreigner since I have never been to the US. :)

I've never been to Russia, but I've read a decent amount of Dostoyevsky and Pushkin. :)
I've read War and Peace from Leo Tolstoy when I was at school :)

I tried reading War and Peace, but I was so overwhelmed with the number of characters in the beginning of the book lol. Maybe I had a bad translation of it. I might try again someday.

I've read War and Peace from Leo Tolstoy when I was at school :)

Oh, Jesus, you are not American, you are Russian!!! :)

Haha, not really, but I really did like Crime and Punishment, Notes from Underground, and The Brothers Karamazov. I also really liked Pushkin's short stories, especially Mozart & Salieri as well as The Captain's Daughter.

Edit: Oops, I thought you were quoting me.

Forum List

Back