Who invented the christian victim card?

Mojave Memorial Cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remember it because if you rely on the mainstream media for information you are liable to see a vacant lot where the Korean War monument once stood. I bet radical lefties secretly applauded when the Mojave Cross was destroyed by "vandals". Not much outrage in the liberal media. The hypocrisy on the left is stunning. They want you to believe America is an agnostic Nation but Congress has a chaplain and they swear on the Bible and say a prayer asking God's blessings and they erect a National Christmas tree every year on public property. Meanwhile faceless liberal democrat cowards threaten Americans with arrest if the see a Christmas tree in the Town Square.

I looked up this case also.

As a Democrat, I joined the party to help my fellow neighbors, living in a national historic African American district all but destroyed by Black Democrat politics. Selling themselves and each other out to stay in office. I've even watched as a Democrat-dominated city council allowed the demolition of a historic black church, and now the city is trying to charge them for the wrongful demolition or else they risk losing their land that has a lien.
And this party is supposed to represent the underserved minorities?

The only thing that keeps me balanced is knowing that all parties and groups go through this in one form or another. This denial of their own abuses, while projecting blame on others.

When I confront my conservative Republican friends, about holding private corporations to enforce and uphold the Constitution, similarly to how government has to respect the Bill of Rights for citizens, they balk. They won't look at the damages done, both environmentally and financially at the expense of taxpayers, by corporations abusing "personhood" to assert unequal/disproportionate collective influence without check and balance or equal due process by individual people or smaller communities affected. So they yell and fault pro-choice liberals for wanting freedom to choose abortion without responsibility for the consequences or abuses, but when it comes to Constitutional checks on guns or logging, etc. suddenly they don't want government interfering with private freedoms either!!!

So each side has its "blindspots" and faults. Where they refuse to address an area that is not politically convenient or in line with their agenda, but are quick to point out where another group does this same thing! They ALL do that. Yes, it's annoying and destructive.
But once you blame one group, you end up blaming them all for where they fall short.

In short, what is happening, if people don't resolve conflicts in ideological religious or political differences directly, they can abuse the political or public arena, including the media, to try to overrule the opposition by majority-rule instead of really resolving the problem itself. Then, in order to win in the media campaign wars, they find faults to discredit the other while denying equivalent charges against themselves. So it goes back and forth.

If people would just stick with Constitutional standards and ethics, all these things would have to be resolved, in order to come up with policies that reflect all interests equally.

Whatever this other habit is, of beating each other up with majority-rule bullying,
it's great for selling tickets to watch these catfights, it's great for ratings, I guess.
But what it contributes to solving problems, I don't know.
It seems to take resources and focus AWAY from collaboration on mutual solutions.

In the meantime, it is sad to see historic landmarks lost while millions are spent fighting over these issues. This has been happening in my neighborhood since the days Freed Slaves built the churches and houses nearly all lost to demolition and development, while people fight for control of the land and the funding. Been going on forever, and it is still something that you never fully accept or get used to. It is still wrong, unrecognized.

Was it when the % of the population in america who claimed to be christian dropped from 80 to "only" 75?

Was it when the christian representation in government dropped from 100 to 99%?

It's a phenomena I don't understand. We live in a society of mostly christians, a society that almost promotes hating muslims and atheists, when did the overwhelming majority become victims? And of what?

Frank Schaeffer talks about this, he used that tactic when he was big in the reliigous right. it was easier to claim victimhood. you get more supporters. you get more sympathy. you feel like you are more credible because the odds are against you.

silly.

Was it when the % of the population in america who claimed to be christian dropped from 80 to "only" 75?

Was it when the christian representation in government dropped from 100 to 99%?

It's a phenomena I don't understand. We live in a society of mostly christians, a society that almost promotes hating muslims and atheists, when did the overwhelming majority become victims? And of what?

Frank Schaeffer talks about this, he used that tactic when he was big in the reliigous right. it was easier to claim victimhood. you get more supporters. you get more sympathy. you feel like you are more credible because the odds are against you.

silly.

Link?

Generally speaking, non-believers want the freedom to criticize believers. And that's fine; no one's saying they shouldn't.

But the militant non-believers don't want to be criticized themselves. And when they are, they accuse the critics of playing the victim card.

Militant non-believers? That wasn't the least bit sensationlized lol.
I was making a differentiation between atheists who really don't care what other people believe and the kind who want to criminalize religion.
No I accuse people of playing the victim card after they've played the victim card, happens on this board all the time when christians talk about christian bureacrats being anti-christian.
Thanks for proving my point.

Your point was I accuse people of playing the victim card after they've played the victim card? Then yes, I have proven that.

I've never heard a single atheist say they wanted to criminalize religion, that sounds like a story you've made up in your head to justify being against atheists.

Militant non-believers? That wasn't the least bit sensationlized lol.
I was making a differentiation between atheists who really don't care what other people believe and the kind who want to criminalize religion.
No I accuse people of playing the victim card after they've played the victim card, happens on this board all the time when christians talk about christian bureacrats being anti-christian.

Your point was I accuse people of playing the victim card after they've played the victim card? Then yes, I have proven that.

I've never heard a single atheist say they wanted to criminalize religion, that sounds like a story you've made up in your head to justify being against atheists.
Then you're simply not paying attention.

Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony - FoxNews.com
Chief U.S. District Judge Fred Biery’s order against the Medina Valley Independent School District also forbids students from using specific religious words including “prayer” and “amen.”
The ruling was in response to a lawsuit filed by Christa and Danny Schultz. Their son is among those scheduled to participate in Saturday’s graduation ceremony. The judge declared that the Schultz family and their son would “suffer irreparable harm” if anyone prayed at the ceremony.

--

Should a student violate the order, school district officials could find themselves in legal trouble. Judge Biery ordered that his ruling be “enforced by incarceration or other sanctions for contempt of Court if not obeyed by District official (sic) and their agents.”​

And there's this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRxYeUt_d94]YouTube - ‪Criminalize Christianity‬‏[/ame]

Then you're simply not paying attention.

Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony - FoxNews.com
Chief U.S. District Judge Fred Biery’s order against the Medina Valley Independent School District also forbids students from using specific religious words including “prayer” and “amen.”
The ruling was in response to a lawsuit filed by Christa and Danny Schultz. Their son is among those scheduled to participate in Saturday’s graduation ceremony. The judge declared that the Schultz family and their son would “suffer irreparable harm” if anyone prayed at the ceremony.

--

Should a student violate the order, school district officials could find themselves in legal trouble. Judge Biery ordered that his ruling be “enforced by incarceration or other sanctions for contempt of Court if not obeyed by District official (sic) and their agents.”​

And there's this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRxYeUt_d94]YouTube - ‪Criminalize Christianity‬‏[/ame]

That's not criminalizing religion, no one is saying she can't sit in her chair and pray or wear a cross etc, she can't force a group to pray with her. And again, a muslim wouldn't be able to do that, a hindu wouldn't, etc etc. So has nothing to do with victimizing christians.

Can't watch the video, at work.

That's not criminalizing religion, no one is saying she can't sit in her chair and pray or wear a cross etc, she can't force a group to pray with her. And again, a muslim wouldn't be able to do that, a hindu wouldn't, etc etc. So has nothing to do with victimizing christians.
Why aren't leftists capable of being honest?
I can't wait to see how you weasel out of it.

1.) I'm a million times more conservative than you are, were, or ever will be.

2.) Of course you didn't want to argue my points, because you can't, better to just keep pretending that you can validly pull the victim card and grab at ppl's emotions.

3.) Weaseling out by not being able to watch a video? I'll happily look at an article you have, but no videos.

Doubtful.
2.) Of course you didn't want to argue my points, because you can't, better to just keep pretending that you can validly pull the victim card and grab at ppl's emotions.
The expression of religion was indeed criminalized in the case. You'll just have to accept the fact that you're wrong.
3.) Weaseling out by not being able to watch a video? I'll happily look at an article you have, but no videos.
No, when you can watch the video, you'll find some way to weasel out of it. Guaranteed.

I would rather not have Christian prayer at a graduation ceremony in a public school. I think what Christians fail to realize is that if we open the door for Christian prayer, then we have to open the door for Muslim prayer, and so on.

Doubtful.
The expression of religion was indeed criminalized in the case. You'll just have to accept the fact that you're wrong.
No, when you can watch the video, you'll find some way to weasel out of it. Guaranteed.

Now you're catching on, the expression of religion, not specific to christianity, so if you're going to spin this into criminalizing you're at least understanding that that criminalizing goes across the board to all religions.

So again the, "I'm a victim because I'm christian" card can't be pulled in that instance either.

I would rather not have Christian prayer at a graduation ceremony in a public school. I think what Christians fail to realize is that if we open the door for Christian prayer, then we have to open the door for Muslim prayer, and so on.

Wait, you don't think christians would be perfectly ok if Akbar was graduating and said bow your head and join me in a prayer to Allah?

I'm certain they'd all be on here cheering him for expressing his religious beliefs and pushing them to be involved as well.................................................

No, Christians absolutely realize this. PUBLIC PRAYER IS NOT ILLEGAL. We have the RIGHT to pray wherever and whenever we like, as long as we are not violating the rights of others or ESTABLISHING A STATE RELIGION.

It doesn't matter what you prefer; this is the price of living free...you will be exposed to the beliefs and ideologies of others. Tough shit. You don't get to shut them down because you'd *rather* not listen to them/see them/interact with them. If you desire isolation, you isolate YOURSELF; you don't force others into hiding to avoid contact with YOU.

Wait, you don't think christians would be perfectly ok if Akbar was graduating and said bow your head and join me in a prayer to Allah?

I'm certain they'd all be on here cheering him for expressing his religious beliefs and pushing them to be involved as well.................................................

I'm absolutely certain that Christian parents would first faint and then call someone to complain. But that's what they don't get. It's not so much that the State is going after demolition of Christian principles. We should keep religion out of public schools and public institutions, period. I don't want to be forced to sit through Muslim prayer, so I'll engage in my own form of spirituality in private, too, thank you very much.

OH NO!!!

Someone might get offended that everyone has freedom of speech?

Please oh please c-p where it says in the Constitution that people can't pray where and when they want.

If people get pissed off, fuckem. We are all free or none of us are.

Doubtful.

Now you're catching on, the expression of religion, not specific to christianity, so if you're going to spin this into criminalizing you're at least understanding that that criminalizing goes across the board to all religions.

So again the, "I'm a victim because I'm christian" card can't be pulled in that instance either.
And yet, the criminalization of religion includes the criminalization of Christianity.

Odd, huh?

I'm absolutely certain that Christian parents would first faint and then call someone to complain. But that's what they don't get. It's not so much that the State is going after demolition of Christian principles. We should keep religion out of public schools and public institutions, period. I don't want to be forced to sit through Muslim prayer, so I'll engage in my own form of spirituality in private, too, thank you very much.

You're a tyrant.

We have freedom of speech except....

Doubtful.

And yet, the criminalization of religion includes the criminalization of Christianity.

Odd, huh?

Again, religion wide, not specific to one religion.

We're on the same page, you seem upset about that.

You're a tyrant.

That's always been the case Two.

We have freedom of speech except I can't yell fire in a movie theater, we have freedom of speech except a public school teacher can't demand their kids pray to Allah, etc etc.

You're a tyrant.

That's always been the case Two.

We have freedom of speech except I can't yell fire in a movie theater, we have freedom of speech except a public school teacher can't demand their kids pray to Allah, etc etc.

There's a VAST gap between trying to make a kid pray and forcing them not to.

Forum List

Back