Who invented the christian victim card?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
Was it when the % of the population in america who claimed to be christian dropped from 80 to "only" 75?

Was it when the christian representation in government dropped from 100 to 99%?

It's a phenomena I don't understand. We live in a society of mostly christians, a society that almost promotes hating muslims and atheists, when did the overwhelming majority become victims? And of what?

christianoppressionpieej4.png

Was it when the % of the population in america who claimed to be christian dropped from 80 to "only" 75?

It's a phenomena I don't understand. We live in a society of mostly christians, a society that almost promotes hating muslims and atheists, when did the overwhelming majority become victims? And of what?

Being persecuted is a foundation stone of Christianity.
Kinda hard to think oneself humble when you run everything.

Its just part of the republican plan to fool people, much like their voter suppression efforts.

Misery, suffering, and persecution.

You can't be a good religionist without them.

Dear Dr. D:
I find people go through stages similar to the 5 stages of grief.
Somewhere in there, they throw themselves "pity parties" where all blame is projected onto other people or groups, and this reinforces the victimhood or entitlement mentality.

The saddest thing is victims do not really commiserate with each other at these pity parties.
They end up competing to see whose pain is worse, and complaining "why you don't get it, don't patronize me, or why deny or discredit the victim." They don't even invite friends to these parties to share in the misery, but chase them away for trying to help.

Instead, people are expected to go throw their own pity parties and multiply the misery separately!

Just a stage people go through. I liken it to putting a thick scab over a wound, a huge emotional barrier to keep other people out. In order to isolate oneself in misery until the person is ready to heal at the next level. It is just some temporary protective mechanism, like denial. Any anger is used supposedly to mobilize or motivate change, but this anger too often becomes self-destructive where it defeats its own purpose. Still people go through this as part of the learning curve of being human, I guess. Like the terrible two's
that turn into the tumultuous teens screaming "I hate you! You just want to control me! You're so unfair!"

I prefer to bypass or speed up this step and go into interactive resolution, addressing conflicts as mutual
respecting and responsible adults. Where people who realize that other people or groups are thinking the SAME THING and projecting blame and anger; then there is realization the pain and suffering is common.

When there is mutual compassion and understanding that we are suffering together, then there is opportunity to reach out and solve problems together that are not the fault of one group more than another. This stuff has been repeating throughout human history. Our pains are unique, and no one's experience can be compared with someone else, it's all relative; and yet the common patterns are universal where we are all affected by this as a society and humanity as a whole. The division and fear of rejection/conflict/change/control is the enemy separating people from each other, and multiplying the problems while blocking the solutions.

Sometimes people have to forgive first before they can see what is really happening.
That we are not each other's enemy, but the division and conflict separating us is what is defeating us.

But while they are in the anger/denial/projection phase, that is the hardest time to try to understand what forgiveness has anything to do with solving the problem. So they stay stuck for a while.

If it wasn't necessary for the human process, I'm sure people wouldn't go through this.
Somehow we all learn by experience, and we have emotional debts to work off our consciences, so we go through these things, these stages of grief and change.

One of the books on forgiveness I read talked about moving from "victimhood" from seeing oneself as a "victim" of oppression or setbacks to seeing oneself as a "hero" for overcoming setbacks and not letting these obstacles obstruct one's purpose. That is a critical step in effective recovery from abuse or injustice, whether physically real or perceived as a psychological impact. But again, people cannot be forced to shift, it has to come from personal realization and everyone has a different path to understanding.

Forgiveness is a big factor, but ironically, a lot of people don't understand but reject forgiveness which is hard to understand in advance. Most people end up having to forgive first, and then they understand after letting go how the unforgiveness was holding them back and causing them to be stuck in greater misery. It seems counterintuitive. It is easier understood in hindsight, after making that change in mindset.

Just a social shift as we go through stages, from one extreme to the other.
First separation of church and state/religious freedom meant to protect religious practice from imposition by the state. Now today it means to challenge any possible endorsement or allowance of prayer or religious reference by public institutions considered government.

At some point we may realize that religious freedom covers both equally, so there would have to be consensus to prevent imposing bias one way or another. But currently, as long as we frame conflicts to be "either/or" "them/vs us" then we get this back and forth thing.
Both sides projecting the blame on the other, claiming to be the victim of oppression.
Just taking turns, that's all. Until there is understanding both sides are equally affected.

Last edited:

It was me.

Well me and the NWO Cabal, with the help of our puppets in the Illuminati and Boys Scouts.

~~~~~~~``

What? You sound surprised. Didn't Patton read and study Romel? Isn't Romel still taught? Great leaders still play out Alexanders great battle and Alexander loses. Tsun tsu "The Art of War". on and on

Succesfull strategies are always copied by those that want to be successfull.

If the minorities can pull it out as the ultimate reason for doing or not doing something, then why can't majorities?

P.S. Where are the Christians on this chart who believe in Universal Salvation that includes all the other paths? The socially dominant denominations of the Christian Right are what most people cite, quote or perceive as representing Christianity.

While the Christian Left who take a more universal approach to including all people (even atheists and nonchristians and nontheists) in salvation, are silenced ignored or denied/denounced by even fellow Christians who don't recognize this greater message.

Where is that persecution represented on this chart?

Can you please make a distinction between
A. Christians who don't condemn others, yet are ostracized and bullied by fellow Christians for interpreting the Bible to include secular gentiles and nontheists in salvation through Christ by natural laws separately but equally as divine laws
B. Christians who persecute and condemn others, then complain when they get the same persecution they give and reap what they sow
C. Christians who are mistaken for the Christian hypocrites in B and get blamed and criticized for religious abuses they are trying to correct and are NOT promoting

What percentage of the big slice of Christian persecution are these three types?
Note: Only B is self-induced persecution.
A is Christians persecuting other Christians.
C is collective punishment from the past abuses of other Christians but projected onto the wrong people; so it is indirectly self-induced (as a group) but suffered by people who did not cause it directly.

The Christian Victim card started being played when wackos like gaddawg and sky dancer started saying things like "People should only practice Christianity in their homes" and "Christians shouldn't be allowed into politics or education fields" and "Christians shouldn't be allowed to raise their own children".

When we no longer have to fight that sort of oppression and proposed persecution, then you won't hear us complaining about it.

If this cartoon is taken to refer to gay rights, for example,
I have found oppression of truth on both sides.

There is a distinction to be made between
* people born gay or transsexual who are naturally that way and cannot change
* people who suffer abuse and act out sexually that is NOT natural to them,
either homosexual or heterosexual, where in many cases this can be cured

To be honest, I have found as many people who are
* Christian and only believe "all cases" are the second type
* anti-christian and argue that "all cases" are the first type
while BOTH reject the idea that the other type exists!

As long as there are Christian fundamentalists who reject science and claim that "all cases of homosexuality" are wrong and can be cured (which is not true) there are
fundamentalists on the other side who reject the cases where homosexual addictions or abuses HAVE been cured, and BOTH fail to recognize the distinction between these.

They both attempt to paint "all homosexuality" with a broad brush.

Thus they oppress EACH OTHER. The oppression of truth is MUTUAL,
because both deny and reject the dissenting information from the other viewpoint.

In fact, there are both types of cases, and maybe many that don't fit under either.
Some natural-born homosexual people may be able to change.
Some unnaturally induced by abuse may not be able to change.

There are also tolerant, openminded people who see both sides, who are
oppressed and rejected by the fundamentalists as "taking the other side"

As long as the conflict is framed as "one side or the other," then the people able to reconcile and include true points from both sides, that level of TRUTH that is required to resolve the conflict is what is being oppressed!

The Christian Victim card started being played when wackos like gaddawg and sky dancer started saying things like "People should only practice Christianity in their homes" and "Christians shouldn't be allowed into politics or education fields" and "Christians shouldn't be allowed to raise their own children".

When we no longer have to fight that sort of oppression and proposed persecution, then you won't hear us complaining about it.

So you're a victim because of what those posters said on an anonymous message board, got it.

Man, the old race or religion based card used to actually have some shreds of merit to it, now people just play it for the fun of it.

Now wait a minute... Aren't we being victimized again for being accused of having victim cards? Shucks, I feel so victimized! :tongue: :D :eusa_boohoo:

No, seriously, even if we are somehow, or any person who may be being dissed on somehow, I think this verse helps encourage. It does me, anyhow.

Proverbs 19:11 A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense.

So you're a victim because of what those posters said on an anonymous message board, got it.

Man, the old race or religion based card used to actually have some shreds of merit to it, now people just play it for the fun of it.

Internet
Serious business.

*sigh*

that is a valid point for Allie. There are people out there that activly shit on people, places and objects of faith.

remeber people getting all butt hurt over a cross on a hill that was dedicated to Vets?

Some douche bags stole it and were never caught. [not to my knowledge]

A Nativity was taken down in a city at Christmas time, but in the same city, tax money was spent to put up an aztec god statue.

Taking down the 10 commandments from court houses.

It's shit like that, that makes the rounds.

Now wait a minute... Aren't we being victimized again for being accused of having victim cards? Shucks, I feel so victimized! :tongue: :D :eusa_boohoo:

No, seriously, even if we are somehow, or any person who may be being dissed on somehow, I think this verse helps encourage. It does me, anyhow.

Proverbs 19:11 A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense.

That beats turning the other cheek.

since it doesn't mean the same thing now as it did back then.

Internet
Serious business.

*sigh*

that is a valid point for Allie. There are people out there that activly shit on people, places and objects of faith.

remeber people getting all butt hurt over a cross on a hill that was dedicated to Vets?

Some douche bags stole it and were never caught. [not to my knowledge]

A Nativity was taken down in a city at Christmas time, but in the same city, tax money was spent to put up an aztec god statue.

Taking down the 10 commandments from court houses.

It's shit like that, that makes the rounds.

That stuff happening at a court room doesn't make anyone a victim.

Forum List

Back