Who Here "Ventured Forth" for the Black Friday Sales?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
.....and what did you get?

I went down to the pawn shop to put a gun on consignment then went back home.

That said I took care of business this past Tuesday and Wednesday. ;)

Tuesday:

1923 12ga L.C. Smith Trap Grade Double

lc 011 (2).JPG

Wednesday:

1938 Winchester M1894 in .32 WS.

94 001 (2).JPG

Fighting some 300 pounder over a 70 inch TV is somehow unappealing to me.

My ex-wife was crazy like that. I didn't even know what Black Friday referred to. After we got married, I soon found out that she and her sisters all got up at 4AM (or earlier) and were all out together at stores at 6AM or something like that fighting, pushing, rushing the doors fighting for those sales. She wouldn't come home until late afternoon. Always had arms full of crap. Not once do I remember her ever coming home and my saying: "You got WHAT and only paid WHAT?!"

Then it was right back over to her parent's house again that night for turkey day leftovers.

I did say she was mr EX-wife, didn't I? :smoke:

Back when I worked at Walmart, they would set up displays well in advance of Black Friday in the center aisles, still in shrink wrap. Even if customers tried to get the items, the registers wouldn't ring it up until the appointed day & time.

But let me tell you, if you think fighting & jostling for 'the prize' is bad between customers.......just try being the employee that has to cut that shrink wrap the moment the sale starts and still get out of that pile alive.

Now ya'll know why I am the way I am...........I don't leave the house all weekend

I stayed at home all day getting some prep work done in the garden for next spring before the ground freezes this winter. Just getting a head start.

Forum List

Back