Who Here Today Would be a Police Officer in....

Check the boxes of the places where you would be willing to be a cop

• New York City

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Los Angeles

• Dallas Texas

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Houston Texas

• Chicago Illnoise

• San Francisco CA

• Tuscon AZ

• Richmond VA

• Philadelphia PA

• Cleveland OH

• Miami FL

• Ft Worth TX

• Denver CO

• Atlanta GA

• Mineapolis MN

• Charleston WVA

• Washington DC

• Portland OR

• Seatle WA

• None of the Above, you couldnt pay me enough to be a cop these days.

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters
my only point is that Police aren't Special

Some of us are very special ...

short_bus_1300922966.jpg

Cop shortages are going to get blistering just like teacher shortages. What can you do? If you have a brutal and thankless society, good luck getting sane and decent people to "serve" them.

99.9% of critics wouldn’t possess the requirements to be hired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and I advocate treating POLICE with respect and this water issue with police in 'NYC' . Who Is it , is it the 'mayor' of NYC or is it the Police Chief that gives orders to allow that kinda behavior ??

Last edited:
I posted my LINK to dangerous job as someone mentioned danger . I guess that they were saying tha POLICE have dangerous jobs .--- The Top 10 Most Dangerous Jobs in America --- Maybe so but if this this is and accurate article , FISHERS and Related jobs are pretty dangerous and I think that its Commercial Fishermen . Same for Loggers and Roofers and this article is from 2016 Fnecco .

Long line fishing is very dangerous (since gill nets are now so evil). The lines are weighted and if somebody gets hooked they go overboard with the line and often drown. A friend of mine worked fishing in Alaska in the summer. He said they had to help find a couple bodies that way. When you stop the lines to try to help them, it snaps and they sink to the bottom.

and that's my point . There are lots of dangerous jobs out there and people die doing them every day . And yet , people VOLUNTEER for those dangerous jobs everyday and they Volunteer mostly for the Money and Benefits and Perks Dekster ,

I completely understand not wanting to become a member of law enforcement. Too many damned if you do/damned if you don’t debacles.

I completely understand not wanting to become a member of law enforcement. Too many damned if you do/damned if you don’t debacles.
-------------------------------- sure , its a Personal and Voluntary Decision Jets .

-------------------------------- sure , its a Personal and Voluntary Decision Jets .
Too many heavily armed crazies, criminals and terrorists in this country for me to want to be a cop. Good work, NRA. They actually think they`re performing a public service.

What is the point of this thread? The cops in DC tried to recruit me when I was fresh out of college. I think that DC lost a lawsuit and was forced to recruit female forces, and probably gave DCPD officers a reward for each female that they could drag into the police academy. DC is a tough place. So are all areas with large population densities.

Being a cop is a tough job that may only be done by those who can be trusted enough to give their minds and hearts to the communities they serve. It is a shame that some people take these jobs without a commitment to live up to the public trust. There have been plenty of rogue cops. Look at the two just fired in Louisiana, talking about shooting a member of Congress.

Whatever oath you choose to take to hold an office for which your power derives from the American People, you have to live up to it.

Being a corrections officer was eye-opening in that I was shown just how screwed PC is. The warden was a liberal dingbat that had no business being a warden.

It'd be best to be somewhere full of gang bangers who offered the best bribes to pigs. In the eighties it was Miami.Beverly Hills or Sherman Oaks might be pretty good these years.

Being a corrections officer was eye-opening in that I was shown just how screwed PC is. The warden was a liberal dingbat that had no business being a warden.

All of these offices are held by folks who are in office by the grace of their honor and commitment to the People. If you cannot do it, don't show up.

and that's my point . There are lots of dangerous jobs out there and people die doing them every day . And yet , people VOLUNTEER for those dangerous jobs everyday and they Volunteer mostly for the Money and Benefits and Perks Dekster ,

I don't recall suggesting otherwise. There is some good money in fishing....as for landscape maintenance that I think was 9 or 10 on the list, probably not.

All of these offices are held by folks who are in office by the grace of their honor and commitment to the People. If you cannot do it, don't show up.
I guess cockroaches don't speak English.

I guess cockroaches don't speak English.
What does language have to do with anything? Live by honor or you don't have honor. Swear to what you will do. Then do it.. Live up to your oath.

Forum List

Back