Who Here Today Would be a Police Officer in....

Check the boxes of the places where you would be willing to be a cop

• New York City

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Los Angeles

• Dallas Texas

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Houston Texas

• Chicago Illnoise

• San Francisco CA

• Tuscon AZ

• Richmond VA

• Philadelphia PA

• Cleveland OH

• Miami FL

• Ft Worth TX

• Denver CO

• Atlanta GA

• Mineapolis MN

• Charleston WVA

• Washington DC

• Portland OR

• Seatle WA

• None of the Above, you couldnt pay me enough to be a cop these days.

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters
Various places, from New York to Fort Worth Texas?
------------------------------------------- I'D be a Cop any where you list . Its a good job with good perks , benefits and decent starting pay . And with time and climbing the ladder it gets better same as any other job . Course I prefer Rural towns and enviroments but pay is less in nice areas I think .
Oh yeah. 4-12's. Court. Most calls are domestic. Suicide is high. Nice job. Social workers make more. Better hours. Same BS.
-------------------------------------------------- aw , its a volunteer job and no Police are Drafted and made to be Police . If there is anything that Volunteer Policeman doesn't like , well , let him go be a Logger or Farmer , Roofer or 'social worker' OKFine .

Last edited:
Chicago, of course. Some of the worst crime stats in the country. A huge department, perpetually underfunded and grossly understaffed.

A city government that hates police. The most inefficient bureaucracy since the Chinese Empire, and the worst weather on the planet.

What's not to love?!

Chicago, of course. Some of the worst crime stats in the country. A huge department, perpetually underfunded and grossly understaffed.

A city government that hates police. The most inefficient bureaucracy since the Chinese Empire, and the worst weather on the planet.

What's not to love?!

:goodposting:

------------------------------------------- I'D be a Cop any where you list . Its a good job with good perks , benefits and decent starting pay . And with time and climbing the ladder it gets better same as any other job . Course I prefer Rural towns and enviroments but pay is less in nice areas I think .
Oh yeah. 4-12's. Court. Most calls are domestic. Suicide is high. Nice job. Social workers make more. Better hours. Same BS.
-------------------------------------------------- aw , its a volunteer job and no Police are Drafted and made to be Police . If there is anything that Volunteer Policeman doesn't like , well , let him go be a Logger or Farmer , Roofer or 'social worker' OKFine .
Jobs are chosen... they don't choose you.

that's my point . police ALL volunteer to take their jobs . They fill out Applications and they want the jobs so they VOLUNTEER to take the jobs based on money , benefits , good retirement , vacation yada and yada 'OKFine .

and if it is a good enough job with money and other good things they oughta apply and VOLUNTEER for jobs that they think are better OKFine .

that's my point . police ALL volunteer to take their jobs . They fill out Applications and they want the jobs so they VOLUNTEER to take the jobs based on money , benefits , good retirement , vacation yada and yada 'OKFine .

You have to fill out a LOT of forms... go on a lot of interviews ... get every medical test known to science (I still think the prostate exam was gratuitive) ... go through months of one of the most physically and mentally competitive training programs ever devised by sadistic bastards ... to get a job that has you working outside ... at all hours ... in the worst weather ... for people who basically treat you like human refuse.

I wouldn't trade it for anything.

You have to fill out a LOT of forms... go on a lot of interviews ... get every medical test known to science (I still think the prostate exam was gratuitive) ... go through months of one of the most physically and mentally competitive training programs ever devised by sadistic bastards ... to get a job that has you working outside ... at all hours ... in the worst weather ... for people who basically treat you like human refuse.

I wouldn't trade it for anything.

And it happens yet again... Another :goodposting:...

Point is that police do the jobs because they want to or they can work at different jobs . Or as I always say . Police Recruits VOLUNTEER for Police Jobs Fnneco .

Point is that police do the jobs because they want to or they can work at different jobs . Or as I always say . Police Recruits VOLUNTEER for Police Jobs Fnneco .

I wasn't aware anyone suggested that police officers were drafted. I stand corrected.

I wasn't aware anyone suggested that police officers were drafted. I stand corrected.
-------------------------------------- well some of the whining I hear from some posters that the money is too little and that it gets Cold working outdoors in Chicago and that there is lots of paperwork to fill out it sounds like some police are DRAFTED as they sing their TALES of WOE . Well , tell that to loggers and fishermen who also work outside in Cold Weather and also VOLUNTEER for their jobs Fnneco .

-------------------------------------- well some of the whining I hear from some posters that the money is too little and that it gets Cold working outdoors in Chicago and that there is lots of paperwork to fill out it sounds like some police are DRAFTED as they sing their TALES of WOE . Well , tell that to loggers and fishermen who also work outside in Cold Weather and also VOLUNTEER for their jobs Fnneco .

Fishing can be a hazardous job

tumblr_on2g16OLWQ1w09kceo1_400.jpg

If that were true, you'd tell us all the places you served the community as a police officer.

I'll wait.

I posted my LINK to dangerous job as someone mentioned danger . I guess that they were saying tha POLICE have dangerous jobs .--- The Top 10 Most Dangerous Jobs in America --- Maybe so but if this this is and accurate article , FISHERS and Related jobs are pretty dangerous and I think that its Commercial Fishermen . Same for Loggers and Roofers and this article is from 2016 Fnecco .

If that were true, you'd tell us all the places you served the community as a police officer.

I'll wait.
----------------------------------- not interested in 'serbing' any community , my interest would be in me and my families finances and I wouldn't take a supposedly poor paying job to 'serb' some community MMan .

my only point is that Police aren't Special . Treat Police as human beings and let them do their jobs and get paid on Friday is my opinion MMan . ------------ just a statement !!

I didn't mean that post to be funny. Does sound sarcastic. Tough job.

Forum List

Back