Who does Cindy Sheehan really hate?

Oceanic said:
By that definition so are suicide bombers :terror:

Wrong answer. We aren't murdering noncombatants to try and force our religious fanaticism on the rest of the world.

I'll accept that.

Ho hum. All in all, you need to go load up on some ammo and come back. Your overall argument is weak.

Oceanic said:
It wasn't deflected, that was a way of saying that it doesn't change anything for me. Whether or not we should have been a leader or even a member is also debatatable.

Might be debatable to you, but isn't to anyone capable of reasoning. WE won WWII, with some tagalongs. We were the accepted leader of the free world, by (you guessed it) the free world. Anytime anything happened, the UN or nations threatened by Communism came begging to us.

By any definition, that would make the US the leader.

But I'm sure you have some elitist, pseudo-intellectual argument otherwise. :smoke:

Oceanic,

Actually, I would agree that according to my last definition, suicide bombers would classify as heroic to those who viewed them that way....its all in the eye of the beholder if the ONLY defining characteristic that makes someone a hero is if they fought and died for their friends and comrades.

However, what Kathianne pointed out and others seem to be picking up on...is that you seem to have ignored everything you don't want to address and discussed only one small part of the whole, thereby missing (or deliberately ignoring) the point of the other persons post.

I gave numerous reasons why Casey Sheehan's is a hero, the one you noted on above was simply one of them. The others, putting your life on the line to protect the FREEDOMS of others is obviously one that would not apply to terrorists...nor would another one I mentioned...fighting to give a nation a chance at self-determination. In fact, the opposite is true of the terrorists blowing themselves up in Iraq...they are fighting to keep a nation under a tyrannical and dictatorial regime bent on oppressing the weaker members of their society...

You also, in "accepting" my comment that both sides of the political spectrum, didn't answer my question. What that intentional or accidental? Do you feel that I have insulted you somewhere along the lines in this conversation or were you referring to someone else?

Oceanic said:
If this is true my argument is invalid and I admit it.

He re-enlisted against his mother's wishes and was sent where she didn't want him to be. He went to protect his comrades, at least that was the final reason that she would accept otherwise she might have made good on the threat to hit him with her car. She is clearly unbalanced, the left shouldn't be attempting to take such advantage of the poor lady.

Forum List

Back