Who brings a knife (bayonet) to a gunfight? What a dumbass Romney is!

True, bayonets are still issued but only as a last resort. Issued more for tradition and photo-ops but not for modern warfare. Nice try Romney but fuck you and your 'knife'!

With 'horses and bayonets,' Obama casts Romney as out of touch - latimes.com

“Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets because the nature of our military's changed. We have these things called aircraft carriers where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines,” he said. “And so the question is not a game of Battleship where we're counting ships. It's — it's what are our capabilities.”

What a dumb ass you are... A bayonet is a most important item of gear carried by troops on the ground. It has many uses - not just for close combat. Your desire to slam Romney blew up in your face because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

True, bayonets are still issued but only as a last resort. Issued more for tradition and photo-ops but not for modern warfare. Nice try Romney but fuck you and your 'knife'!

“Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets because the nature of our military's changed. We have these things called aircraft carriers where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines,” he said. “And so the question is not a game of Battleship where we're counting ships. It's — it's what are our capabilities.”

What a dumb ass you are... A bayonet is a most important item of gear carried by troops on the ground. It has many uses - not just for close combat. Your desire to slam Romney blew up in your face because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

:iagree:

Someone just said that comparing the ships we had in 1916 with the ones we have now is like comparing the telegragh with a smartphone.

Pretty much.

A guided missile frigate or an aircraft carrier with ranges of hundreds of miles, advanced radar, satellite imagery, computer fire communications and control systems...

vs. 1916 dreadnaughts with cannons that had an effective range of 10 miles, could only fire on targets in visual range, communicated by wireless telegraph or semaphore flags.

A Nimitz class aircraft carrier could have won the battle of Jutland in a couple of sorties.

[

That's such total bullshit. Every time someone talks about shrinking the size of government, you progressives immediately start screaming that they're going to lay off teachers, firemen and cops.

We've got a government that is so bloated and inefficient that it's a wonder we get ANYTHING accomplished but the public sector unions have their heels dug in as they try to hold onto all of the sweetheart deals they've gotten from the liberals they spent millions to put in office. You know as well as I do that we should fix the problem, yet every time someone tries...you attack them with nonsense like this.

it's a matter of terms, isn't it?

When you talk about laying off governmetn workers, who do you think is going to be laid off?

Teachers? Firemen? Cops?

Or do you think there's an agency of "FOlks sitting around drinking coffee all day scratching their balls."

Now, is there inefficiency in government. Yup. There's innefficiency in the Private Sector, too. I've worked in both.

Tha's a rediculous statement. Obama was making a valid point and you idiots are doing back flips to once again desperately spin his example. We are trying to reduce our troops exposure to harm. That's the whole point of drones. An argument in favor of more bayonets is an argument for increased incidents of hand to hand combat. How many American lives would have been spared if we had drones with hell fire missles at Iwo Jima?

The point isn't EXACTLY how many bayonets are issues to our troops. The point is that we are reducing the need for them with better technology and deadlier unmanned guided munitions.

Anyone that dissagrees with that trend is an outright moron. But then you knew that didn't you...you are just despertate to take ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you can to try to prove Obama is bad. I'm just glad we are saving American lives with Obama president. I don't know what makes you happy but I know it is sick and twisted.

obama might have been right about needing a smaller Navy if the world were't still 4/5ths water. After all, the police used to walk around, they called it walking the beat. Now they have these things called cars where they sit and go faster than they could walk. They also have computers. Why do we need more cops anyway? Following obama's lack of logic, we'd need much smaller police forces.
Willard has advocated smaller police forces, as well as fewer teachers.

That's such total bullshit. Every time someone talks about shrinking the size of government, you progressives immediately start screaming that they're going to lay off teachers, firemen and cops.

We've got a government that is so bloated and inefficient that it's a wonder we get ANYTHING accomplished but the public sector unions have their heels dug in as they try to hold onto all of the sweetheart deals they've gotten from the liberals they spent millions to put in office. You know as well as I do that we should fix the problem, yet every time someone tries...you attack them with nonsense like this.

I0IpU.png

Let's discuss the skyrocketing cost of everyday goods while the average wage of Americans declined.
Ok, let's discuss it. Which are "everyday goods" and how are you calculating change in cost? Going just by "food at home," average cost has increased 5.8% from Jan 2009 to Sep 2012. Not exactly skyrocketing...5.8% over 44 months? (Source: CPI-U database US city average, food at home, seasonally adjusted)

Let's discuss the smallest percentage of people in the work force since they started keeping records on that.
Ok, they started keeping records on that in 1948 and while it is now the lowest labor force participation (at 63.6%) since September 1981, it's higher than anytime before December 1979.
Source: Seasonally adjusted Labor Force Participation Rate

Romney wants to send American kids to a gunfight with bayonets. He has no intention of ever actually sending himself or his own kids into a fight.

That would be something...Seeing Romney leading a battle. Ha...Ha.. Ya sure Mittens.. Hey Romney...You are no Eisenhower.. seriously.

man oh man:eusa_hand:

Do you know where you keep a bayonett when not on your rifle? You strap it to your leg. I just measured my bayonet (long story) and it is 12 inches. That thing is very uncomfortable and movement restrictive. No one carries a bayonet around anymore, I would guess since WWII.

Love this post!!

[

When you talk about laying off governmetn workers, who do you think is going to be laid off?

Teachers? Firemen? Cops?

Or do you think there's an agency of "FOlks sitting around drinking coffee all day scratching their balls."

Now, is there inefficiency in government. Yup. There's innefficiency in the Private Sector, too. I've worked in both.

But the difference is that inefficiency in the Private Sector is self correcting. If you're competing in business and you're inefficient then your competitors eat you alive. If you're inefficient in the Public Sector THERE IS NO COMPETITION.

As for people sitting around drinking coffee all day? I've worked for the government one time in my life. I got a summer job painting crosswalks for the DPW. Myself and another kid had a truck and a list of crosswalks. The first day out we painted a quarter of the list and came back to the barn all proud of ourselves. The superintendent took us aside and explained that the list was supposed to last the whole summer and we needed to slow down. We spent the rest of the summer driving around in our little yellow DPW truck doing basically nothing all day.

Now that Superintendent KNEW we were getting paid to do nothing but he didn't care because it wasn't "his" money that was being wasted...it was the taxpayer's. That's your government at work and it's like that in offices across the nation.

[

Teachers? Firemen? Cops?

But the difference is that inefficiency in the Private Sector is self correcting. If you're competing in business and you're inefficient then your competitors eat you alive. If you're inefficient in the Public Sector THERE IS NO COMPETITION.

As for people sitting around drinking coffee all day? I've worked for the government one time in my life. I got a summer job painting crosswalks for the DPW. Myself and another kid had a truck and a list of crosswalks. The first day out we painted a quarter of the list and came back to the barn all proud of ourselves. The superintendent took us aside and explained that the list was supposed to last the whole summer and we needed to slow down. We spent the rest of the summer driving around in our little yellow DPW truck doing basically nothing all day.

Now that Superintendent KNEW we were getting paid to do nothing but he didn't care because it wasn't "his" money that was being wasted...it was the taxpayer's. That's your government at work and it's like that in offices across the nation.

neil-armstrong-cool-story-bro.png

Do you know where you keep a bayonett when not on your rifle? You strap it to your leg. I just measured my bayonet (long story) and it is 12 inches. That thing is very uncomfortable and movement restrictive. No one carries a bayonet around anymore, I would guess since WWII.

I went all through WWII as a rifleman and never touched a bayonet, nor a Gatling gun, nor a flint. I did carry a shaving brush to clean my rifle, an entrenching tool, a jackknife, a bandolier, a spoon, a piece of paper and pencil, latest letter from home, two canteens, a jungle kit, with atabrine, insect repellant. and compress. And once I had a bottle of catsup, acquired from the good ship, APA Pierce. On one invasion we carried gas masks but dumped them when we hit the beach. I'm sure I missed something but what I didn't miss was a bayonet, a bayonet, are you crazy?

Obama is nitpicking in hopes of slowing the momentum of the Romney campaign. It's not working.

Obama cannot run on his record and his only hope is to make Romney look bad. Obama himself lamented the used of these exact tactics in the past- before he needed to use them.

Obama can run on his record and continues to contrast it to the Republicans obstructionisms policy. Obama has not only slowed Romneys momentum but overtaken it. Romney is dead in the water as we speak... just you watch the polls in the coming days.

Obama's cocky arrogance with his quote about bayonettes and aircraft carriers, showed the nation one thing .... his true nature, and how much of an ass he will become when someone offers him a suggestion on any policy that differs from his own. He won't work with Republicans or Democrats when it comes to working out a tough policy (like immigration) for the best interest of the nation, he uses "executive decision". He goes for the easy way out, soley to score political points. He blames Republicans by labeling them "obstructionists", however you can't negociate with a President who needs his ego stroked by being condenscending and disrespectful to those he disagrees with. It would be one thing to have something to actually BOAST about, however a stagnant failing economy, record gas prices that haven't come down significantly, the increasing needs for food stamps, killing Bin Laden then being caught with your pants down after you said Al Queda is scattered and no longer any real threat, isn't saying much about his Presidency.

Amatuer hour is over. We need a President who can offer more than just great speeches, and doesn't need his ego scratched on some talk show circus. We need some appreciation and respect brought back to the job at the oval office.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back