who are your heroes

Mani I have not yet stated who my heroes are... and if people are going to make wholly disengenuous statement concening the Christian faith then I will issue the necessary corrections without regard to the topic at hand especially so when the statements themselves aren't germaine to said topic.

Mani I have not yet stated who my heroes are... and if people are going to make wholly disengenuous statement concening the Christian faith then I will issue the necessary corrections without regard to the topic at hand especially so when the statements themselves aren't germaine to said topic.

Fair enough.

Carry on.

the 1st officer aboard the Starship....GOD.....Come on Mani .....quit busting my balls....you know who he said he was....:eusa_eh:

I know who you think he said he was, or at least I have a pretty good idea. But I think you are wrong.

he said he was the son of god.....sits at his right hand.....sounds like the 1st officer to me.....what do you think he said?

You have a bible passage to back that up?

I'm not trying to be intentionally coy here btw. My understanding of the gospels is that he never actually claimed to be God, of the son of God. The closest he came was calling himself AND EVERYONE the son of man.

To put it another way Harry, every single passage I've ever read where Jesus allegedly claims to be God is vague enough that it can be interpretted to mean something else. That to me is very puzzling.

To put it another way Harry, every single passage I've ever read where Jesus allegedly claims to be God is vague enough that it can be interpretted to mean something else. That to me is very puzzling.

i never said he said he was god....the catholics say that.....i will will find you a passage saying what i said he said he was.....his no 1 son....
here is 2.....

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

"All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." (John 6:37-40)

Last edited:

i never said he said he was god....the catholics say that.....i will will find you a passage saying what i said he said he was.....his no 1 son....

Matthew 16:13-18

Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was asking His disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?"

And they said, "Some say John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; but still others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets."

He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"

Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven."

"I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it."

Last edited:
My personal earthly heroes are a few EMTs (never consciously met them), a couple of ski patrol guys, and a big guy who helped me at a football game.

So, that's still a few more lives this cat has left.

The gambler is One of my favorite tunes kitt. I sing a lot. Not necessarily well but a lot. I should also make note here that I have a huge list of favorites.

Oh and Thomas addressed Jesus as my lord and my God and Jesus blessed him for it.

Last edited:
The gambler is One of my favorite tunes kitt. I sing a lot. Not necessarily well but a lot. I should also make note here that I have a huge list of favorites.

Oh and Thomas addressed Jesus as my lord and my God and Jesus blessed him for it.

it all depends on what bible your reading...doesnt it....my contention that Jesus is not "GOD" is who would GOD pray to?......that night in the Garden Of Jesimine(sp?) ...who was Jesus praying to?....any one care to answer that?....because the priest from the church i was dragged to sure as hell could not give an intelligent answer....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back