who are your heroes

The mujahideen in Chechnya (excluding al-Qaeda) and oppressed people everywhere who have the courage to fight against their malefactors.

Abdulhalim%20Sadulayev.jpg

I agree, the Russians have been bastards there.

But we can not forget Yeltsin pretty much gave up on the place and a minority of Chechen's could not just leave it at that, they had to blow up apartment blocks in Moscow.

And so you get Putin, a man who knows what he knows, how to kick ass.

One rule of warfare is to know when you have won, and leave it at that.

Last edited:
The Buddha

Ludwig von Mises

Murray Rothbard

J.R.R. Tolkien

Mark Twain

Akira Kurosawa

The Notorious B.I.G.

I agree, the Russians have been bastards there.

But we can not forget Yeltsin pretty much gave up on the place and a minority of Chechen's could not just leave it at that, they had to blow up apartment blocks in Moscow.

And so you get Putin, a man who knows what he knows, how to kick ass.

One rule of warfare is to know when you have won, and leave it at that.
The apartment bombings and the hostage incident at Beslan were unfortunate. However, I think that most of the more radical resistance fighters were reigned in under Sadulayev (pictured) when he was alive and at the helm. Interestingly enough, many of the suspected Moscow bombers were non-Chechen, as was Ibn al-Khattab, one of the commanders who led the invasion into Dagestan that began the Second Chechen War. At that point, I think Russia was feeling belligerent and was willing to use any incident that could be connected to Chechnya as a casus belli. Russian public opinion of the war seems to suggest, thankfully, that Russia may run out of steam before the resistance does. We can only hope...

My heroes are the men and women who keep us safe. The grunts. The privates. The cops that go after murderers. The firemen that run into burning buildings.

Also pro sport champions. I never quite respect athletes that haven't won it all. I think it says something about them. Like Alan Iverson. I think his attitude and work ethic are why he is not a champion.

But I give guys like Barry Sanders a free pass because he was just on a bad team. If he had Emmit Smith's offensive line, he'd have all the records.

What religion did Jesus start?

His actions, teachings and quotes were all the basis for modern catholicism.
Jesus would have nothing to do with the pope or Catholicism.....as a matter of fact i think he would destroy the Vatican and toss all the gold and silver out the door....

right...I agree...but the fact remains that the 12 used his actions, teachings and quotes to obtain that huge amount of wealth and power.

His actions, teachings and quotes were all the basis for modern catholicism.
Jesus would have nothing to do with the pope or Catholicism.....as a matter of fact i think he would destroy the Vatican and toss all the gold and silver out the door....

right...I agree...but the fact remains that the 12 used his actions, teachings and quotes to obtain that huge amount of wealth and power.

well thats on them...not Christ....and if Jesus IS indeed who he says he was....the "12" are in for an eternity of fun...

well thats on them...not Christ....and if Jesus IS indeed who he says he was....the "12" are in for an eternity of fun...

who did he say he was?

Sorry the twelve minus Judas Isacariot plus the Apostle Paul didn't get squat for being a Christian other than eternal life except the right to die early and in a great deal of pain. None of them died rich or powerful. And the Roman Catholic church as currently constituted doesn't even arguably exist prior to the overweaning Leo I in the Fifth century AD.

Nobody for Jesus Christ?

well... at least you got Malcom X on your collective list.

What did he do that was so great other than give billions of people faith, create the wealthiest church in the world and inadvertantly start a religion that has caused the death of untold millions of people through armed conflict.

Really? Untold millions, such as . . . ?

Yeah The RC church is responsible for about 1/10th of one percent of the deaths that international communism has claimed in the last 100 years alone.

who did he say he was?

the 1st officer aboard the Starship....GOD.....Come on Mani .....quit busting my balls....you know who he said he was....:eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Nobody for Jesus Christ?

well... at least you got Malcom X on your collective list.

What did he do that was so great other than give billions of people faith, create the wealthiest church in the world and inadvertantly start a religion that has caused the death of untold millions of people through armed conflict.

Really? Untold millions, such as . . . ?

Are you one of those that thinks history started on January 21, 2001 too?

Lets start with the Roman's....google that

By the time the Christian were much of anything in Rome the Romans were pretty much on the Defensive. And the first self identified Christian army shows up during the Crusades. And again the RC Church is only nominally Christian at best and even with all the temporal power the usurped compared to the Communists they were pikers and the communists claimed to be atheists.

The debate over the history of Christianity is irrelevant to the original point about Jesus Christ. He was a Jew and he didn't start any religions.

And again, it's ironic as fuck to see several so-called Christians who do not list their alleged messiah as at least one of their heroes.

Forum List

Back