Who Are Your Favorite MLB Record Holders ? and Why ?

Nolan Ryan career strikeouts 5,714

Good luck trying to take down that one. Of all major league records for a career in any team sport, that one to me is probably the most unreachable.
191 hits by hack wilson will be around and someone hitting 400 again....
I know it was probably a typo but that's RBI's isn't it? and yeah that one I like as well

Good luck trying to take down that one. Of all major league records for a career in any team sport, that one to me is probably the most unreachable.
good one, I was a Mets fan growing up and saw ryan pitch in the WS [his only WS ring] then we traded him to the Angels for a SS [jim fregosi] we put at third base and like the magicians management was they down graded two positions in one swift move...we were the cheapest org. in sports

I know it was probably a typo but that's RBI's isn't it? and yeah that one I like as well
yep you are right.....RBI'S.....

I was sooooo pissed off when the Angels traded Jim Fregosi to the Mets for some outfielder and no name pitcher.

By June I was hooked. I was there the night they clocked him at 100.9mph with this new fangled radar thing. In the 9th inning no less. He kept getting faster as the game progressed.
He’d walk the bases loaded then strike out the side so many times.
Also there when he said he wanted to be the first to throw back to back no hitters after just tossing one. In the 7th the 2nd baseman Jerry Remy made the play of a lifetime to save the no hitter by diving and throwing to first while on his back. Umpire Ron Luciano clapped with that one. None other than Hank Aaron got a clean single with one out in the 9th.

good one, I was a Mets fan growing up and saw ryan pitch in the WS [his only WS ring] then we traded him to the Angels for a SS [jim fregosi] we put at third base and like the magicians management was they down graded two positions in one swift move...we were the cheapest org. in sports
i seen 2 of his no hitters in Anaheim.....and seen him lose dozens of 1 run ballgames....

Honorable Mention: Lou Gehrig and Mickey Mantle. Both batted cleanup behind home run records (in 1927 and 1961). Neither record would have been set without them waiting in the on-deck circle.

I was sooooo pissed off when the Angels traded Jim Fregosi to the Mets for some outfielder and no name pitcher.

By June I was hooked. I was there the night they clocked him at 100.9mph with this new fangled radar thing. In the 9th inning no less. He kept getting faster as the game progressed.
Also there when he said he wanted to be the first to throw back to back no hitters after just tossing one. In the 7th the 2nd baseman Jerry Remy made the play of a lifetime to save the no hitter by diving and throwing to first while on his back. Umpire Ron Luciano clapped with that one. None other than Hank Aaron got a clean single with one out in the 9th.
he would not have been the first.....Johnny Vander Meer did it in 1938.....

Dimaggio's 56 game hitting streak and Ted Williams hitting .406. Those are two records I don't see ever being broken or even challenged. The pitching and defense is so much better than it was back in those days.
Yeah, hitting .400 is impossible now. Watched Gwynn hit .394, and I don’t think anyone will come close to that. As Tony put it- I go 0-5 that means I have to go 4-5 the next day.

Last one was Ted Williams in 1941. That's quite a chunk of time.

Ted Williams once said one of th toughest things in sports is "to hit a round ball, with a round bat, and hit squarely."

he would not have been the first.....Johnny Vander Meer did it in 1938.....
AL

Forum List

Back