Who are The Real Racists?

Dr Grump said:
I certainly have probs with his integrity in such matters, but I do feel that he really was interested in helping the little guy. No so much because he was such a "compassionate" guy, more due to his ego and wanting to be remembered as a guy who made a difference...

As for credibility itself...nobody has a monopoly on that. IMO, George Bush jnr will go down as the one of the worse/insignificant presidents in US history making Chester Arthur look like the Brad Pitt of his time....

Angry libs said the same thing about Ronald Reagan. My, libs do become unhinged when they lose elections to a strong and decisive Republican President

William Joyce said:
It's funny. "jasendorf" is basically doing what slavemasters did to blacks: OBJECTIFY THEM.

Wrong.

He or she has simply decided to make a fetish of blacks, regardless of who they really are, as a bow to political fashion. I doubt "jasendorf" lives in a black neighborhood or has a welter of black friends.
Wrong. In fact, so wrong, I don't even know how to tell you except to invite ou over.

He or she, like the rest of us, is an educated white person sitting behind a computer who's gotten a liberal notion or two, that's all. If "jasendorf" were sitting in traffic in East New York and a black thug came up to his/her car and starting banging on the window and yelling "open up!", "jasendorf" would wet his/her pants. Somehow, I doubt this has ever happened to "jasendorf." He/she has probably led a very sheltered life in the suburbs.

Hey, you got one right... I've never been sitting in traffic in East New York and had a black thug come up to my car and start banging on the window yelling "open up"

Have you?

Let's take a quick survey of my closest neighbors... three directly across the street, one on each side, three behind me: 4 white, 4 black... but we're tryig to recruit some Latinos and Asians. We're thinking of sending out some letters.

jillian said:
was just curious as to what brought up the subject. :huh:

political science/english lit and a J.D. after.

less than 30 years ago. :)

I thought you were in school now, must be confusing you with someone else with a lot of the same views. I was wondering what it was in your background or present life that made you so adamant in your feelings for Justice Thomas.

sitarro said:
I thought you were in school now, must be confusing you with someone else with a lot of the same views. I was wondering what it was in your background or present life that made you so adamant in your feelings for Justice Thomas.

Fair enough. I don't much care for Scalia's views, and he might be ethically challenged, but at least he has intellect to back up his views.

I think I'm adamant about it because to me the Justices are a huge deal. I spent my adolescence and adulthood being in awe of them. That might sound silly, but it's how I felt...and then there's Thomas. *shrug*

jillian said:
Fair enough. I don't much care for Scalia's views, and he might be ethically challenged, but at least he has intellect to back up his views.

I think I'm adamant about it because to me the Justices are a huge deal. I spent my adolescence and adulthood being in awe of them. That might sound silly, but it's how I felt...and then there's Thomas. *shrug*

Get over it Jillian, Justice Thomas will be on the court for a long time. Pers Bush has appointed 2 fine Judges and he may get to appoint more before his second term is over

jillian said:

Ethically challenged huh, what do you think of Ruth Bader Ginsburg? Certainly you must abhore what a useless tool she is.

sitarro said:
Ethically challenged huh, what do you think of Ruth Bader Ginsburg? Certainly you must abhore what a useless tool she is.

You don't think Scalia is ethically challenged? I can tell you that there isn't a judge I know who would ever hear a case where one of his hunting buddies is an affected party.

Bader-Ginzberg? She doesn't really create anything. Just kind of goes along with what the precedents dictate.

Just so you know, and before I get called a "lib" or something. My favorite Justices were O'Connor and Souter. Thoughtful, moderate, articulate and conscious of the Court's legacy in their decision-making. And both Republican appointees. ;)

jillian said:
You don't think Scalia is ethically challenged? I can tell you that there isn't a judge I know who would ever hear a case where one of his hunting buddies is an affected party.

Bader-Ginzberg? She doesn't really create anything. Just kind of goes along with what the precedents dictate.

Just so you know, and before I get called a "lib" or something. My favorite Justices were O'Connor and Souter. Thoughtful, moderate, articulate and conscious of the Court's legacy in their decision-making. And both Republican appointees. ;)

Yeah. Jillian, You're not a lib. now we know you're either stupid or a liar.

jillian said:
LOL! Man, you're sooooooooo young. Go have some cheese with that wine. :wine:

Don't you have something else you can go plagarize?

No. You are stupid because you accept whatever comes out of Academia as the truth without using critical thought, and you lie about being libs. So it's both.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. You are stupid because you accept whatever comes out of Academia as the truth without using critical thought, and you lie about being libs. So it's both.

You know you are debating a lib when they start attacking you personally. When they cannot counter your argument they will attack your age, weight, sex, educational background, or where you live
They will start to talk about anything, except the topic of the debate.
I noticed it in high school when my liberal teachers used the same tactic. Now it is common practice on the left.
Somehow they think by insulting their opponets makes their flimsy arguments more valid

red states rule said:
You know you are debating a lib when they start attacking you personally. When they cannot counter your argument they will attack your age, weight, sex, educational background, or where you live
I noticed it in high school when my liberal teachers used the same tactic. Now it is common practice on the left.
Somehow they think by insulting their opponets makes their flimsy arguments more valid

Yep.

red states rule said:

And your saying libs are liars and stupid? That was just a loving observation?
Let the grown-ups talk, dear. You embarrass yourself. :cof:

jillian said:
And your saying libs are liars and stupid? That was just a loving observation?
Let the grown-ups talk, dear. You embarrass yourself. :cof:

You're either a liar or stupid.

You're stupid if you don't recognize that your views in america generally fall inside what is indisputably considered liberal, or you're a liar if you recognize it, but won't admit it. Which is it? Or is it secret option c: the term liberal has no real meaning in current american politics.

Forum List

Back