Who are The Real Racists?

jillian said:
Clarence Thomas is a Justice, not a "successful" Justice. He has never written an opinion of the Court as far as I've ever seen, nor does he ask questions at oral argument. I said what my standard for greatness in a jurist is. I expect someone, like RSR to state WHY he thinks this particular jurist evinces "greatness". And yet, there is nothing but a great silence after he states his opinion....nothing backing it up.

You are defining "success" to your own purpose. I did not say he was an especially successful US SUPREME COURT justice.

And what you are looking for is exactly what you know no one is going to bother to spend hours on looking up just for you. False victory.

The fact is, he sits on the US Supreme Court and THAT alone makes him succesful, and his vote on the court DOES count. You make sound as if he abstains every time just because he apparently doesn't want to run his mouth or spend hours writing some BS opinion for posterity.

And you have NO idea whether or not he speaks out when they are behind closed doors.

As far as you disagreeing when I say something with which you don't agree, well, I'd expect nothing less. This is a messageboard and we are all here because we HAVE strong opinions that we enjoy discussing. I certainly respect those differences. But my disagreements with your point of view certainly aren't trolling. That was the word with which I took issue, since I actually try very hard to be respectful so long as someone is respectful to me. (That doesn't mean that if someone is rude I'm not going to respond in kind. It merely means that I will make every effort to stay congnizant that we all don't have the same experiences or see things the same way).

As far as you and jasendorf go, I figure you're both big boys and can take care of yourselves. :salute:
//

Well, if you said Justice Alito or Justice Roberts was a successful jurist before coming to the bench, I'd agree with you. And while I don't agree with either philosophically, I can agree that both men are qualified for the seats they now have.... Roberts, perhaps, more than Alito, but neither is a slouch, intellectually speaking. As for Scalia, I already acknowledged his intellect. It's his views I dislike.

As for Thomas, I don't think he was put on the bench for his successes. I think he was placed on the bench because he was going to toe the party line in a way that Bush I's prior appointee, Souter, never did. When it came to Thomas, the President wanted to be certain that he had someone who would stay in line philosophically. Is that a bad thing? No. If I were in such a position, I would absolutely expect my appointee to help shape things in the manner I thought was correct.

I just feel that if someone says a particular jurist is "great", there should be some basis for the opinion. It is easy enough to find a decision, relay a pointed question. I wasn't asking because I wanted RSR to look it up for me. (I already know what Thomas has done on the bench). Otherwise, it's fair for RSR to say, "well, I agree with how he sees things, so I like him", but "greatness"? I think that requires more. Just my opinion.

And while you're correct that I don't know if Thomas speaks out behind closed doors, it is fairly common knowledge that Scalia drives Thomas' opinions and not the other way around (and as it should be since Scalia is far more impressive, intellectually).

Also, from a purely professional standpoint, a "hot bench", meaning a judge/judges who ask a lot of questions, is generally indicative of a high level of preparation and intelligence. So if Thomas is what RSR thinks he is, he should stop being shy and come out with it. You know -- shine a little ;)

jasendorf said:
Wow... I didn't realize so much mischaracterization was possible in a single post. Allow me to set you straight with the truth.

Just did.

I believe we have a misunderstanding here. I read "Jillian's" posts and since this thread had you and her posts together both begining in a J name, ive incorrectly attached you to these comments.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=435541&postcount=48

My mistake.

However, when people criticize blacks for their inability to think for themselves, thats not being their "mommy." Thats pointing out the obvious discrepency that 90% of a group of people should not all think the same way. Justice Thomas is not a leader by what he says. His example is enough. He's a black man whop overcame all the same adversities that every other black man has faced and rose to become a Justice of the Supreme Court. That example should inspire Blacks in this country not lead a call of Uncle Tom. Thats the kind of backwards leadership that the Black community has and the Democrats with their media accomplices promote that idea to keep this "voting bloc" intact for their agendas. Thats why you don't hear the black leaders wanting to change the schools or hold young black men accountable for having multiple kids with multiple women or women allowing themselves to be used in order to gain more welfare checks from another child. These voices are silenced because that would ruin the voting bloc.

Fair enough on accidently attributing Jillian's post to me... let's consider that under the bridge.

insein said:
However, when people criticize blacks for their inability to think for themselves, thats not being their "mommy." Thats pointing out the obvious discrepency that 90% of a group of people should not all think the same way. Justice Thomas is not a leader by what he says. His example is enough. He's a black man whop overcame all the same adversities that every other black man has faced and rose to become a Justice of the Supreme Court. That example should inspire Blacks in this country not lead a call of Uncle Tom. Thats the kind of backwards leadership that the Black community has and the Democrats with their media accomplices promote that idea to keep this "voting bloc" intact for their agendas. Thats why you don't hear the black leaders wanting to change the schools or hold young black men accountable for having multiple kids with multiple women or women allowing themselves to be used in order to gain more welfare checks from another child. These voices are silenced because that would ruin the voting bloc.

That's fine if you feel that way. I disagree. I believe that Black Americans can decide for themselves and are smart enough and bright enough to decide which party is on their side and which is not. Just because 90% believe one way and 10% the other tells us very little except for the tightness of the community in general. I believe that they ARE NOT rubes for the Democratic Party. It's interesting how conservatives (particularly the talking heads like Hannity and Limbaugh) will get a huge "Harrumph!!!" from their dittoheads each time one says, "the lihhhhhberals think you're too stupid to make your own decisions!" And then, in the same breath, say, "you know, Black Americans are just too stupid to know which party to vote for."

GunnyL said:
And if you're a smartass, wannabe know-it-all, psuedoiintellectual like jasendork, plan on getting your trashy mouth tossed back in your face.

Are you going to cry now? Because I don't know if I can bare to watch. Are your tantrums sparked by being completely turned on your head each time I demolish your inane assertions or is it just a natural reflex for all liberals?

jasendorf said:
Are you going to cry now? Because I don't know if I can bare to watch. Are your tantrums sparked by being completely turned on your head each time I demolish your inane assertions or is it just a natural reflex for all liberals?

:laugh:

jasendorf said:
Fair enough on accidently attributing Jillian's post to me... let's consider that under the bridge.

That's fine if you feel that way. I disagree. I believe that Black Americans can decide for themselves and are smart enough and bright enough to decide which party is on their side and which is not. Just because 90% believe one way and 10% the other tells us very little except for the tightness of the community in general. I believe that they ARE NOT rubes for the Democratic Party. It's interesting how conservatives (particularly the talking heads like Hannity and Limbaugh) will get a huge "Harrumph!!!" from their dittoheads each time one says, "the lihhhhhberals think you're too stupid to make your own decisions!" And then, in the same breath, say, "you know, Black Americans are just too stupid to know which party to vote for."

Im not saying that blacks should vote for Repblicans. Im saying that an overwhelming number of blacks vote for Democrats for the SOLE reason that Republicans are Racists. This is the idea pushed by the Democratic leaders and Black Leaders like Sharpton, Jackson, Enfume, etc in order to keep the black population on the same wavelength. They cloud the issue of whether or not blacks are better off with different leaders by blaming all of their problems on white people, rich people, and republicans. So if the black community truely is thinking for themselves as you say, then the statistics would show this. A 10-90 ratio is not an accurate potrayal of "thinking for themselves." Hispanics arent republican usually yet they are split about 45-55 when voting at the polls. Are they not under the same conditions the blacks in this country are? Do they not goto the same inner city schools, deal with the same supposed racist issues everyday and yet have about split opinions on the way the country should be run? Many people would use that evidence to say that Blacks are dumber and can't think for themselves. I say that they are less educated but that it due to incompetant leadership over the course of about half a century. The difference there is that the Hispanic leadership is not as powerful with the media and the Democratic party as the black leadership is. Hispanics listen to dissenting opinions more and decide for themselves what is right and what is wrong based on their belief structure.

Blacks have been held back for too long by incompetent leaders. At no other point in time in the history of this country have blacks had more opportunity to succeed and yet they still feel that they are being oppressed. Why is that? Is it really a systemic scheme to keep blacks down by the Republicans who have only had power for the past 12 years or so out of the last 50 or is it that Democratic leadership doesnt want to lose its voting bloc by having it think for themselves. If blacks started having dissenting opinions and begin voting even 30-70, that would mean a drastic loss for Democrats in most nationwide elections. Its in their best interest to have a group of voters that are uneducated and used to believing what the Democrats and their leaders tell them is going on. It makes it alot easier to campaign when Democrats know that no black person is going to vote republican so why waste my time going into the cities and preaching to the choir. Saves alot of time and money in a campaign.

In the end then, do blacks win from this scenario? Are they better off with the party they choose? They have had 40 years or so since the Republicans passed the Civil Rights act despite strong Democrat opposition. Do you think they are happy with the way things are?

jasendorf said:

I note that you haven't responded to my last post jasen, what's wrong, the idea that the black community would think of you as being another pansy ass cracker bother your obvious need for their acceptance? All of the guys I have known would think the same thing, you are nothing but a Vanilla Ice type wanna be. You have no pride in who you are and spend your life apologizing for something that was done to almost every race on the planet at one time or the other.My ancestors fled France in the 1500s and ended up in Nova Scotia where they were enslavened by the British who raped and pillaged them and eventually burned their homes, seperated their families and sent them away on seperate boats. I would guess that if one was to trace their ancestory back far enough they would find the same treatment in their history.

The top golfer in the world is black(not really, 1/8th is more like it), 2 of the top tennis players on the world stage are black, most of the garbage that is coming out of the recording industry is being done by blacks, the NBA should be the NBBA(National Black Basketball Association), The top players in Baseball are black, the majority of highly paid pro football players are black, most athletic scholarships to universities are awarded to blacks, the richest woman in America is black, blacks are on every channel on television, the top comedians are black, top model and star and producer of 2 television shows(Tyra Banks) is black, a huge proportion of government jobs and teacher positions are filled by blacks, many cities across our country have black Mayors(some reelected even after being filmed smoking crack or being so incompetent that thousands died during last years hurricanes), Senators and Representatives on both state and federal levels are black, Supreme Court judges and Secretary of State are or have been black.........
where exactly are you seeing so much injustice jasen?

Oh and incidentally jasen, the 2 favorite substitute hosts(by far) for Rush Limbaugh's extremely popular radio show are both black, Dr. Walter E. Williams and Dr. Thomas Sowell, both extraordinary men and scholars in their own right. You might look them up, they both write weekly syndicated columns and are easily some of the best writers and minds our nation is lucky enough to have as citizens, it would only help to educate and maybe broaden your mind to read their work.

Blacks are doing just fine in the United States of America, they don't need or want your empathy.

sitarro said:
I note that you haven't responded to my last post jasen, what's wrong, the idea that the black community would think of you as being another pansy ass cracker bother your obvious need for their acceptance?

I didn't respond to your last post because you didn't ask a single question. I know you're all about image. I don't particularly care what any faceless group of people think of me. I know what those who know me think and know that my actions are right and just. Maybe you need more than that in your life... I don't.

All of the guys I have known would think the same thing, you are nothing but a Vanilla Ice type wanna be. You have no pride in who you are and spend your life apologizing for something that was done to almost every race on the planet at one time or the other.My ancestors fled France in the 1500s and ended up in Nova Scotia where they were enslavened by the British who raped and pillaged them and eventually burned their homes, seperated their families and sent them away on seperate boats. I would guess that if one was to trace their ancestory back far enough they would find the same treatment in their history.

Sorry, I'm not interested in joining your White Power (or your White Pity) movement...

The top golfer in the world is black(not really, 1/8th is more like it), 2 of the top tennis players on the world stage are black, most of the garbage that is coming out of the recording industry is being done by blacks, the NBA should be the NBBA(National Black Basketball Association), The top players in Baseball are black, the majority of highly paid pro football players are black, most athletic scholarships to universities are awarded to blacks, the richest woman in America is black, blacks are on every channel on television, the top comedians are black, top model and star and producer of 2 television shows(Tyra Banks) is black, a huge proportion of government jobs and teacher positions are filled by blacks, many cities across our country have black Mayors(some reelected even after being filmed smoking crack or being so incompetent that thousands died during last years hurricanes), Senators and Representatives on both state and federal levels are black, Supreme Court judges and Secretary of State are or have been black.........
where exactly are you seeing so much injustice jasen?

I'm fairly sure I didn't say I was seeing any injustice... care to post a quote from me showing I did?

Oh and incidentally jasen, the 2 favorite substitute hosts(by far) for Rush Limbaugh's extremely popular radio show are both black, Dr. Walter E. Williams and Dr. Thomas Sowell, both extraordinary men and scholars in their own right. You might look them up, they both write weekly syndicated columns and are easily some of the best writers and minds our nation is lucky enough to have as citizens, it would only help to educate and maybe broaden your mind to read their work.

I'm well aware of both Dr. Williams and Dr. Sowell. Come to think of it, one of my favorite articles by Dr. Sowell is right here: http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=425 where he waxes poetic about the how "the activists" have caused the price of electricity to skyrocket. A few months later we found out that Dr. Sowell was, as he usually turns out to be, wrong when Enron's accounting practices caught up to them. But, I suppose you'll scream in mock indignation that I'm a racist for pointing out that he was wrong on the merits of his argument...

Blacks are doing just fine in the United States of America, they don't need or want your empathy.

I think you're wrong. And, it seems that only 10% of Black Americans agree with you. But, then again, in your eyes... they're just too stupid to know any better.

Done ranting yet?

I just wanted to respond to this part of your post.

insein said:
In the end then, do blacks win from this scenario? Are they better off with the party they choose? They have had 40 years or so since the Republicans passed the Civil Rights act despite strong Democrat opposition. Do you think they are happy with the way things are?

Actually the Southern Democrats who opposed the Civil Rights Act, and who found their voice in people like George Wallace, left the Democratic party and became Republicans BECAUSE of the passage of that law. So we're not really speaking about the same Democrats. In fact, the Civil Rights Act of 1965 had bi-partisan support (albeit a Democratic majority in Congress) or they never would have been able to get cloture. Hubert Humphrey, a Democrat, was the Bill's manager in the Senate and Everett Dirkson, the Senate Minority Leader at the time, was instrumental in helping Humphrey.

http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/Civil_Rights_Filibuster_Ended.htm

Two things, though. I think Democrats lack understanding that there is a large black middle class of very conservative, religious people. And Republicans would do well to understand that comments, such as those made by WJ on this thread to the effect that blacks are not as capable as whites and that people are better off segregated does nothing to advance the Republican cause. Too many blacks are well aware of what segregation was like under the Jim Crow laws of the South to hear that talk and trust the people who accept that kind of attitude.

insein said:
Im not saying that blacks should vote for Repblicans.

Just NOT for Democrats... I get it. Maybe you want them to stay home?

Im saying that an overwhelming number of blacks vote for Democrats for the SOLE reason that Republicans are Racists.

You said it, not me.

This is the idea pushed by the Democratic leaders and Black Leaders like Sharpton, Jackson, Enfume, etc in order to keep the black population on the same wavelength. They cloud the issue of whether or not blacks are better off with different leaders by blaming all of their problems on white people, rich people, and republicans. So if the black community truely is thinking for themselves as you say, then the statistics would show this. A 10-90 ratio is not an accurate potrayal of "thinking for themselves."

So, if, in any group of people, if more than 90% of that group is in agreement... then they must be wrong or duped? OK, quick poll, purely unscientific of course... who thinks the the Khmer Rouge were bad? If 90% of us agree that they were bad... we must have been duped by our leaders because we've been wrongly poisoned against them by our unscrupulous leaders?

Hispanics arent republican usually yet they are split about 45-55 when voting at the polls. Are they not under the same conditions the blacks in this country are?

They are not. And the history of of violence against the two groups is definitely different. Not to say that Latino Americans don't suffer racism too, but it is markedly different.

Do they not goto the same inner city schools, deal with the same supposed racist issues everyday and yet have about split opinions on the way the country should be run? Many people would use that evidence to say that Blacks are dumber and can't think for themselves. I say that they are less educated but that it due to incompetant leadership over the course of about half a century. The difference there is that the Hispanic leadership is not as powerful with the media and the Democratic party as the black leadership is. Hispanics listen to dissenting opinions more and decide for themselves what is right and what is wrong based on their belief structure.

Latino Americans are also a far more diverse group that Black Americans. Certainly there is some diversity amongst Black Americans... but not nearly the diversity there is amongst Latino Americans. This is more likely the source of the difference in who they vote for, not that they are "less educated."

Blacks have been held back for too long by incompetent leaders. At no other point in time in the history of this country have blacks had more opportunity to succeed and yet they still feel that they are being oppressed. Why is that? Is it really a systemic scheme to keep blacks down by the Republicans who have only had power for the past 12 years or so out of the last 50 or is it that Democratic leadership doesnt want to lose its voting bloc by having it think for themselves. If blacks started having dissenting opinions and begin voting even 30-70, that would mean a drastic loss for Democrats in most nationwide elections. Its in their best interest to have a group of voters that are uneducated and used to believing what the Democrats and their leaders tell them is going on. It makes it alot easier to campaign when Democrats know that no black person is going to vote republican so why waste my time going into the cities and preaching to the choir. Saves alot of time and money in a campaign.

I think they're happier than they were 50 years ago when the conservatives were still fighting for Jim Crow. I can't tell you how happy I am that the liberal Republicans of the 60's passed the Civil Rights Act. Too bad you guys went and let the disgraceful Dixiecrats who we threw out of the Democratic Party into your Big Tent... you might be the party to back if you hadn't.

Gettin' close to closin' time.

jillian said:
I just wanted to respond to this part of your post.

Actually the Southern Democrats who opposed the Civil Rights Act, and who found their voice in people like George Wallace, left the Democratic party and became Republicans BECAUSE of the passage of that law. So we're not really speaking about the same Democrats. In fact, the Civil Rights Act of 1965 had bi-partisan support (albeit a Democratic majority in Congress) or they never would have been able to get cloture. Hubert Humphrey, a Democrat, was the Bill's manager in the Senate and Everett Dirkson, the Senate Minority Leader at the time, was instrumental in helping Humphrey.

http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/Civil_Rights_Filibuster_Ended.htm

Two things, though. I think Democrats lack understanding that there is a large black middle class of very conservative, religious people. And Republicans would do well to understand that comments, such as those made by WJ on this thread to the effect that blacks are not as capable as whites and that people are better off segregated does nothing to advance the Republican cause. Too many blacks are well aware of what segregation was like under the Jim Crow laws of the South to hear that talk and trust the people who accept that kind of attitude.

Stop confusing them with history and facts... it just makes them mad.

jasendorf said:
Just because 90% believe one way and 10% the other tells us very little except for the tightness of the community in general. I believe that they ARE NOT rubes for the Democratic Party.

This is a joke right? Nobody can be this naive, where's the camera? Are you going to tell us how intelligent it is to vote a crack head back into office next? How about Cynthia McKinney, how intelligent does one have to be to vote for that? Sheila Jackson Lee, how about this mental giant?

I actually worked on a Democrat's campaign when I was in college, Edwin Edwards' campaign for Governor of Louisiana. I didn't really care for him that much but my father flew him around (he was a corporate pilot at the time)and I met his niece on one of their trips. I was basically just working on getting close to the niece so I volunteered to do some murals for the campaign. What was really funny was how they(Edwards' people) went about getting the black vote. On election day, the word had been passed around that Edwards would send buses into black neighborhoods to make sure they had a ride to the polls. As they were rolling along to the polls the people in charge let everyone know that they were all going to get Churches fried chicken after voting. Imagine that, selling your vote for some fried chicken. Come on now jasen, put your smart ass comment here, I sure you can justify this.

jasendorf said:
It's interesting how conservatives (particularly the talking heads like Hannity and Limbaugh) will get a huge "Harrumph!!!" from their dittoheads each time one says, "the lihhhhhberals think you're too stupid to make your own decisions!" And then, in the same breath, say, "you know, Black Americans are just too stupid to know which party to vote for."

Are you suppose to be quoting Hannity or Limbaugh here? I see the quotation marks so you must have heard someone say that last line right? Who said it jasen? Or are you quoting someone that heard their friend say that her brother said he heard on Air America that Al Franken claimed that he had heard from a reliable (liberal hack)source that they had heard a guy that heard his mommy say that one of the 2 had said that.

You're pathetic jasen .....really.

jasendorf said:
While I consider it the highest form of flattery that you think I am Black... I'm about as white as they come. German and Irish in the blood. I value the discussions, reading and educating I've done to try and understand the trials Black Americans have faced and continue to face on a daily basis.

Black leaders have long proposed ways to enhance, change and fix this country. But, that doesn't make the news nearly as often as the rare times they call out a racist when they see one. You think conservatives have a hard time being heard in the press? Try being a Black leader.

Why is this so interesting to you? Do you feel you missed your calling in life?

You are white but yet feel that someone thinking you are black is the HIGHEST form of flattery?

There is a word for this you know:

wigger-(n.) one who suffers from "ghettoitis", a disease that occurs mostly in caucasion high school/ college aged males (mostly from rich, white families and suburban homes having 2 or more expensive sports cars or SUVs), causing them to believe that they are african-american and from "the hood", and they they are "missundastood" and will "bust a cap in yo ass" if you "be playa hatin'", they feel driven to listen to rap music as an attempt to blend in with african-american society, sometimes even listening to other sufferers of ghettoitis (ex. eminem, vanilla ice) to feel an even stronger sense of belonging. there is no cure for this illness but it has many side effexts, such as tripping over ridiculously large pants and boots, wearing funny hats, and speaking ebonics, as well as annoying all of those around them.

Now, where I personally haven't seen you or know enough about you to decide if this definition is accurate, I do have to say that the last 9 words are pretty accurate.

jillian said:
The little one made a statement. I set forth my reasons for disagreeing with him. I merely asked him to back up his opinion. He can't. The simple fact that someone is placed on the bench does not make them a "great Justice".

I wouldn't have any idea why jasendorf posts since I don't know him. I assume that, like everyone else, he likes interaction. You think he's a troll. I think RSR is since every post he's made so far has been nothing but unsubstantiated and derrogatory, not to mention immature-sounding, but that's not his fault, perhaps, since he seems very young. As for myself, I've never trolled, though you're certainly entitled to your opinion. However, I'm entitled to my opinions. as well. So, I'll have to respectfully take issue with your comment.

Enjoy your day.

Here are some of his opinions. If you bother to take the time to read some, you will see what a brilliant Justice Thomas really is.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/cases/judges/toj_thomas.html
justice: thomas
Hudson v. McMillian 503 U.S. 1 (1992) THOMAS, J., Dissenting Opinion

Dawson v. Delaware 503 U.S. 159 (1992) THOMAS, J., Dissenting Opinion

Georgia v. McCollum 505 U.S. 42 (1992) THOMAS, J., Concurring Opinion

United States v. Fordice 505 U.S. 717 (1992) THOMAS, J., Concurring Opinion

Helling v. McKinney 509 U.S. 25 (1993) THOMAS, J., Dissenting Opinion

United States v. Lopez 514 U.S. 549 (1995) THOMAS, J., Concurring Opinion

Adarand Constructors, Inc. v. Pena 515 U.S. 200 (1995) THOMAS, J., Concurring Opinion

Rosenberger v. Rector & Visitors of the University of Virginia 515 U.S. 819 (1995) THOMAS, J., Concurring Opinion

Printz v. United States 521 U.S. 898 (1997) THOMAS, J., Concurring Opinion

United States v. Bajakajian 524 U.S. 321 (1998) THOMAS, J., Opinion of the Court

Burlington Industries, Inc. v. Ellerth 524 U.S. 742 (1998) THOMAS, J., Dissenting

Faragher v. City of Boca Raton 524 U.S. 775 (1998) THOMAS, J., Dissenting Opinion

Saenz v. Roe 526 U.S. 489 (1999) THOMAS, J., Dissenting

Chicago v. Morales 527 U.S. 41 (1999) THOMAS, J., Dissenting

United States v. Morrison 529 U.S. 598 (2000) THOMAS, J., Concurring Opinion

Troxel v. Granville 530 U.S. 57 (2000) THOMAS, J., Concurring Opinion

Mitchell v. Helms 530 U.S. 793 (2000) THOMAS, J., Opinion of the Court

Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition 00-795 (2002) THOMAS, J., Concurring Opinion

Zelman v. Simmons-Harris 00-1751 (2002) THOMAS, J., Concurring Opinion

Board of Ed. of Independent School Dist. No. 92 v. Earls 01-332 (2002) THOMAS, J., Opinion of the Court

******** 99-1030 (2000) THOMAS, J., Dissenting Opinion

Both Parties are racists in their own way and to varying degrees. The Republican party honestly caters, for the most part, to the WASPs. It's common knowledge. The Democrates attempt to use the Republicans actions as leverage to gain the minority vote. "See look at them! They're racist...we're not! You're only chance is with US!" Both parties attempt to use race to their advantage its just that with the Dems its more indiscreet and that's, in great part, because of the minority leaders who just say whatever they want (which I think is great).

Rook said:
Both Parties are racists in their own way and to varying degrees. The Republican party honestly caters, for the most part, to the WASPs. It's common knowledge. The Democrates attempt to use the Republicans actions as leverage to gain the minority vote. "See look at them! They're racist...we're not! You're only chance is with US!" Both parties attempt to use race to their advantage its just that with the Dems its more indiscreet and that's, in great part, because of the minority leaders who just say whatever they want (which I think is great).

I am STILL waiting for examples of high profile Conservatives calling liberal blacks uncle toms, tokens, slaves on the plantation, ect, ect, ect.
Does the name Trent Lott mean anything to you? What did he say that was racist? He was hounded for 7 days with front pasge stories about how upset the left was over his comments. He had to step down from the Senate leadership role
Where are the front page stories on the libs making the hate filled racist comments about black conservatives.
The double standard is there for all to see

Forum List

Back