Who are the mysterious "point awarders" here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gabriella84

I really want to know. Who decides which posters have sucked up enough to earn positive points? Who decides which posters are reprehensible enough to merit negative points?

Gabriella84 said:
I really want to know. Who decides which posters have sucked up enough to earn positive points? Who decides which posters are reprehensible enough to merit negative points?

Pay no attention--they are a code that you are to ignore.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Gabriella84 said:

Methinks it's mostly board unanimous that you suck. Everyone is free to give points, and take them away as they see fit.

That's what I thought. :lame2:
I figured that 10,000 rep points and $10 would get you a latte and a lemon square at Starbucks.

Gabriella84 said:
Hey, I'm clueless. Blond meets blond. :thup:

click on user cp at the top of the page and you can see who gave you negative rep points, plus any nasty comments they made about you as well.

I never give liberals positve rep points.

• Thanks
gaffer said:
click on user cp at the top of the page and you can see who gave you negative rep points, plus any nasty comments they made about you as well.

I never give liberals positve rep points.

I was about to mention the fact that negative points are generally given not (as they should be) for vulgar language, flaming, and incoherence, but rather for simply having a different opinion. On this message board, liberals frequently get negative rep points for voicing liberal opinions.

Moreover, liberals are banned far more quickly than others. I've seen people banned for far less than what the more vulgar, invective posters (PaleRider, OCA et al) offer on a daily basis. Say what you will about disparate amount of liberals and conservatives, but there is definitely a significantly longer rope for people who toe the GOP party line.

Gaffer appears to be a prime example; ideologically opposed to positively repping a liberal for a coherent, salient point. Slap-happily being self-congratulatory and sycophantic in positively repping conservatives. As far as I can tell from the rules and the good moderators, this is not at all in the nature of the USMB.

• Thanks
Gabriella84 said:
That's what I thought. :lame2:
I figured that 10,000 rep points and $10 would get you a latte and a lemon square at Starbucks.

You think it sucks because you are classified as a wothless troll right now, don't worry it'll get better for you, pretty soon you'll be classified as sucking off goats.

If you had a good rating you'd think its grand.

Anyway its just something added to the board to have fun with, other than Gabriella nobody really sems to take it too seriously.

nakedemperor said:
As far as I can tell from the rules and the good moderators, this is not at all in the nature of the USMB.

Nakey keep walking that tightrope, soon you are bound to fall off.

It really comes down to the attitude you present with your posts. As you have noticed the board is largely conservative, not by design but rather coincidence.

Oh come on, conservatives are like pidgeons. Where there is one, soon there will be a hundred, then a thousand.

While it's nice to have some liberal views to debate the problem remains with people like yourself. You are new to a board that you know is largely conservative yet you come in gang busting with your anti conservative views instead of posting with respect to the general public here.

Yes, I was shown REAL respect when I came here! Banned for my first post, simply because people here didn't agree with my views.
I did not view this as a "conservative board." I was told it was a board to discuss issues. If it is 99 vs. 1, so be it. I don't back down from people. How can I show respect to people who don't respect me?

A simple what do you think about "this" or "why do you believe that" you choose to tell us how it is.

Since when can you tell a conservative anything? You think you already know.

We are not quite the morons you take us for..

You got a link for think? I am going to have proof, since I haven't seen it proven yet. :alco:

nakedemperor said:
I was about to mention the fact that negative points are generally given not (as they should be) for vulgar language, flaming, and incoherence, but rather for simply having a different opinion. On this message board, liberals frequently get negative rep points for voicing liberal opinions.

Moreover, liberals are banned far more quickly than others. I've seen people banned for far less than what the more vulgar, invective posters (PaleRider, OCA et al) offer on a daily basis. Say what you will about disparate amount of liberals and conservatives, but there is definitely a significantly longer rope for people who toe the GOP party line.

Gaffer appears to be a prime example; ideologically opposed to positively repping a liberal for a coherent, salient point. Slap-happily being self-congratulatory and sycophantic in positively repping conservatives. As far as I can tell from the rules and the good moderators, this is not at all in the nature of the USMB.

Go to MyWay.com or to DU. The liberal reigns supreme over there and routinely ban the conservative. They are still wrong and thick headed, but they are in charge. Kinda like the cliton years.

pegwinn said:
Go to MyWay.com or to DU. The liberal reigns supreme over there and routinely ban the conservative. They are still wrong and thick headed, but they are in charge. Kinda like the cliton years.

Two wrongs...

Gabriella84 said:
Oh come on, conservatives are like pidgeons. Where there is one, soon there will be a hundred, then a thousand.

Yes, I was shown REAL respect when I came here! Banned for my first post, simply because people here didn't agree with my views.
I did not view this as a "conservative board." I was told it was a board to discuss issues. If it is 99 vs. 1, so be it. I don't back down from people. How can I show respect to people who don't respect me?

Since when can you tell a conservative anything? You think you already know.

You got a link for think? I am going to have proof, since I haven't seen it proven yet. :alco:

it's replies like this which show why you earn Negative Rep so fast - You were NEVER banned because of your opinion; if I recall, you were banned because:

1) People thought you were a troll

2) People quickly got tired of your bullshit, off-the-wall, not-based-in-reality, Extremist, vulgar, insulting method of sharing your 'different opinion'.

See? And what do you do here. In this thread?.

You claim, falsely, in a blatant LIE, that you were ever banned SIMPLY because your opinion wasn't in line with the rest of the forum. Complete...100%....Bullshit.

And NE - you should know better than to reply "People earn negative rep for different opinions". Few things I've read could be further from the truth. You really should know better; as your opinion is 180 degrees from what most people view as correct - at least most ppl on this forum. Yet, there you are, with green blocks. Why? Because, for the most part, you dissent based on rational argument and discussion.

That's the Key.

Cliche warning....Get ready:

"It's now WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it".

pegwinn said:
To which the NE replied in an accurate and succinct manner......
nakedemperor said:
Two wrongs...
Ha! Gotcha! No wait. You're right. Oh well, I was only trying to point out to Gabby that there were places worse than this one. And there are places where her version of liberal extremism are not only tolerated, but flourish. Hope she got the message.

nakedemperor said:

And how does this stack up against the range of opinions allowed over at du? If you post one conservative point over there, it's immediately removed and you're immediately banned. Why is that libs cannot tolerate real debate? Are they stupid?

rtwngAvngr said:
And how does this stack up against the range of opinions allowed over at du? If you post one conservative point over there, it's immediately removed and you're immediately banned. Why is that libs cannot tolerate real debate? Are they stupid?

USMB is not entirely dissimilar from Democraticunderground.com. Darin said Gabriella was banned because people [USMB conservatives] thought she was a troll [because she came out firing just as hard as the right-leaning hard liners] and was banned [despite posting in a manner closely akin to many on the other side of the political spectrum].

I said "two wrongs" because the "but the DU does it too!" argument really doesn't solve the problem. The USMB is entirely too lax with rule-enforcement among conservatives, and gives the shortest of chains to far-leftists, despite far-rightists thriving. Just like any other forum, the USMB needs balance, balance which it lacks right now.

nakedemperor said:
USMB is not entirely dissimilar from Democraticunderground.com. Darin said Gabriella was banned because people [USMB conservatives] thought she was a troll [because she came out firing just as hard as the right-leaning hard liners] and was banned [despite posting in a manner closely akin to many on the other side of the political spectrum].

I said "two wrongs" because the "but the DU does it too!" argument really doesn't solve the problem. The USMB is entirely too lax with rule-enforcement among conservatives, and gives the shortest of chains to far-leftists, despite far-rightists thriving. Just like any other forum, the USMB needs balance, balance which it lacks right now.

I don't know NE, let's see how it works out, hmmm? From my perspective, gone awhile, returned. I see a whole lot less banning here than previously, perhaps more flamming, but that is on both sides. Even the bans seem to be short, mod is angry, says, '48 or 36 or permanent ban' overturned for less than 24 with warning. Might make the mods angry at the time, but seems to keep order. Am I missing something?

nakedemperor said:

Gabriella tends to ignore people who do not flame her. Many have tried to engage her in a serious discussion, but she consistantly responds to flames, while ignoring those who take her seriously. Of course, I won't deny flamming her, but I've seen her do the above many times, so have others.

nakedemperor said:

Please - stop putting words in my, er, 'mouth'. I wrote NO such thing.

She was flamed and banned NOT for her viewpoint, but for her blatant inflamatory, extreme toll-sounding posts.

Big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back