Who are the mysterious "point awarders" here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) People thought you were a troll

2) People quickly got tired of your bullshit, off-the-wall, not-based-in-reality, Extremist, vulgar, insulting method of sharing your 'different opinion'.

She was flamed and banned NOT for her viewpoint, but for her blatant inflamatory, extreme toll-sounding posts.

Wow, that is a lot to be charged with for ONE post.
Yep, go back and check it. I made one thread. Didn't even reply to it. About the fifth or so person to respond decided I was no longer worthy of posting.
I can see where they thought I was a troll, though. Considering how few non-conservative members there are.

I read quite a bit of this message board before I ever posted. I knew I was in "enemy territory" from the start. So instead of trying to sneak onto the battlefield, I lobbed a grenade first.
The tone of my posts are much less inflammatory than many of yours. If you are going to be hostile, I am going to be hostile.
Sorry, but this board ain't Gitmo. You are not going to wear me down in that manner. I can take anything you lob at me.

Gabriella84 said:
Well, you keep right on truckin there, honeybunch. I am thinking of throwing a party when I reach -100. :cheers2:

Well then, I'm more than happy to help facilitate you in that goal.

nakedemperor said:
I was about to mention the fact that negative points are generally given not (as they should be) for vulgar language, flaming, and incoherence, but rather for simply having a different opinion. On this message board, liberals frequently get negative rep points for voicing liberal opinions.

Moreover, liberals are banned far more quickly than others. I've seen people banned for far less than what the more vulgar, invective posters (PaleRider, OCA et al) offer on a daily basis. Say what you will about disparate amount of liberals and conservatives, but there is definitely a significantly longer rope for people who toe the GOP party line.

Gaffer appears to be a prime example; ideologically opposed to positively repping a liberal for a coherent, salient point. Slap-happily being self-congratulatory and sycophantic in positively repping conservatives. As far as I can tell from the rules and the good moderators, this is not at all in the nature of the USMB.

I grew up hard nakey. I hung out with hoods and got in a lot of trouble growing up, and on top of that I'm a biker. I work on Harley Davidson motorcycles in a Harley Davidson dealer. I know Hells Angels, Outlaws, BoozeFighters, Vagos, Branded Few, Viet Nam Vets, Legacy, etc., etc., etc., clubbers and misculanious thugs who ride Harleys. I share their love for motorcycles and a life style, and part of that life style is a crude dialect. No this is not like that preppy little country club you envision where everyone strolls about in khaki bermuda shorts and a polo shirt with a sweater tied around their neck, talking in hushed tones about wall street and trying impress each other with how eloquent they can speak.

So at least I come by crudeness honestly. It's not a put on or an act. It's ME, and you ought to know that by now and stop your fucking whinning about it.

For the most part, my posts are civil. I know you HATE the fact that I regularly slam your dick licking butt buddies. I'd think that if it bothered you that much, you'd have left by now.

gaffer said:
click on user cp at the top of the page and you can see who gave you negative rep points, plus any nasty comments they made about you as well.

I never give liberals positve rep points.

For me it isn't the opinion but how well it was presented. I never give postitive rep points to a post with insults, regardless of the childish "I didn't start it!" reasoning to insults and regardless of whom they are insulting. If they can present a good argument I give positive points to it, especially if we have an extended discussion. I have given positive rep to Bully, to NakedEmperor, Civil Liberty, Spillmind, and yes even to Gabby (she just didn't know how to see who gave the rep, and therefore likely never knew.)

I almost never give negative rep and the times that I do are on posts that are from people who normally I expect better from. I have given neg rep to Gabby as well.

Everybody should realize that it takes twice the negative rep points as when you neg rep it only takes half of your rep points away from the person.

-=d=- said:
"It's now WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it".

Couldn't agree more. There are liberals/Democrats on this board who always come across very intelligent - acludem comes to mind. There are also conservatives/Republicans who come across as 'knuckle draggers.' Even though I may agree ideologically with the right-wingers, I will rep a good post by anyone.

nakedemperor said:
USMB is not entirely dissimilar from Democraticunderground.com. Darin said Gabriella was banned because people [USMB conservatives] thought she was a troll [because she came out firing just as hard as the right-leaning hard liners] and was banned [despite posting in a manner closely akin to many on the other side of the political spectrum].

I said "two wrongs" because the "but the DU does it too!" argument really doesn't solve the problem. The USMB is entirely too lax with rule-enforcement among conservatives, and gives the shortest of chains to far-leftists, despite far-rightists thriving. Just like any other forum, the USMB needs balance, balance which it lacks right now.

It takes far more to get banned on this site than on DU. I went there and was banned for admitting to being a Libertarian on my first post.

It went like this: "I am a Libertarian, would I be welcome here?"

Their answer: "You are banned, this board is for Democrats only!"

That didn't happen here. Even with my libertarian view on Gay Marriage, et al.

Stupidity and ignorance run on both sides of the spectrum. :piss2:

If you have enough stupidity and bias to believe that only your side is right, with no exceptions, it doesn't matter if you are Democrat or Republican. You are still stupid.

Pretty much every statement I make is my own opinion. Where have you been?

Gabriella84 said:
If you have enough stupidity and bias to believe that only your side is right, with no exceptions, it doesn't matter if you are Democrat or Republican. You are still stupid.

please stay on-topic. Why the off the wall reply? What does that have to do with anything in this thread?

Gabriella84 said:

You'll find people of various views debating on this board, but the main reason your reputation is so low is your inability to debate your own factual claims in a public forum which weighs your response with a critical eye.

You need to immediate start by responding to Hobbits response to your outlandish claims on the "Why they hate us" thread to even begin to claim a sliver of respect on this board:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22218

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
-=d=- said:
please stay on-topic. Why the off the wall reply? What does that have to do with anything in this thread?

It's the old liberal "shuck & jive". When they have nothing of substance to put forth, which is most of the time, they try and baffle you with bull shit, of which gabby is full of.

Bullshit is fairly prevalent here, so I don't see where that would be an issue.

*shucks and jives* :cheers2:

Treat me with respect, and I will treat you with respect.
Respond to me with scorn and derision, and I will answer in kind.
If you answer me with a cheap shot, I am responding with a cheap shot.
If your response humors me, I will respond with humor and sarcasm.
If you wish to throw your weight around, go ahead.

No one automatically earns respect. I am an adult, as I hope you are.
Don't try to insult my intelligence. I read and study as much or more than you do.
If you still believe Cal-Berkeley is a "bastion of hippydom," you are 40 years behind the time. The campus is as much conservative now as liberal. Cal consistently ranks among the top 5 public institutions in the country. You have to be smart to get in.

If you are waiting for me to back down from you, don't hold your breath. :scratch:

Comrade said:
You'll find people of various views debating on this board, but the main reason your reputation is so low is your inability to debate your own factual claims in a public forum which weighs your response with a critical eye.

You need to immediate start by responding to Hobbits response to your outlandish claims on the "Why they hate us" thread to even begin to claim a sliver of respect on this board:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22218

Don't hold your breath dear. :lame2:

Gabriella84 said:

Don't try to insult my intelligence. I read and study as much or more than you do.
If you still believe Cal-Berkeley is a "bastion of hippydom," you are 40 years behind the time. The campus is as much conservative now as liberal. Cal consistently ranks among the top 5 public institutions in the country. You have to be smart to get in.

If you are waiting for me to back down from you, don't hold your breath. :scratch:

Try addressing legitmate discussion towards you, and ignoring iimmature flamming. That might help. But you won't do that. You love drama and negative attention. If not, prove me wrong.

Sir Evil said:
You have yet to do anything here respectfully!
Gabriella84 said:
[/quot]
Intelligence? you must be tricking us so far!

Not at all, in fact I hope you keep pushing it because nothing would make me happier then to clear the stench that you have brought with you!

I take it we are not 'holding back' either! :laugh: Funny how she only sees respect as one way, her protestations to the contrary. :teeth:

Gabriella84 said:

Translation:

I, gabby, can be as nasty and illogical and inflamatory as i please, because it's 'My Opinion". When questioned about my comments, or asked to back up my rantings with hard data, I will change topics, or flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back