Who are the Israelis?

What Real Partnership Looks Like

Muslim volunteers from United Hatzalah, an Israeli volunteer-based emergency medical service, decided to take all shifts during Passover so that Jewish volunteers could celebrate with their families. Beautiful!

@UnitedHatzalah
&
@YosephHaddad

Mother, daughter, and guest leave Mimouna to save a life
Trained EMTs including mother and daughter rush from celebration to attend to 35 year old mother who collapsed at a different Mimouna.

825290.jpg

On Sunday morning, just after 12:45 a.m., a 35-year-old mother of two collapsed during the traditional Mimouna celebration. The unfortunate woman had suffered a heart attack and fell unconscious in front of her family and friends.

Nearby, United Hatzalah volunteers Lipaz Hatuel, her husband Shmuel, her mother Shira Amsalem, and one of their guests, Eran Lev, were celebrating the Mimouna festival together at the home of Lipaz and Shmuel when all of their emergency phones began chirping simultaneously alerting them to the emergency taking place a few blocks from their current location.

Lipaz, Shira, and Eran rushed to their cars and sped to the address of the emergency, while Shmuel stayed behind to watch the children and entertain the family’s guests. “We ran out so fast that Lipaz didn’t even have time to change her shirt, which was a traditional garb for the festival,” said Shira.

Once at the scene, the three EMTs met with the ambulance team that was just arriving and joined together to perform CPR on the young woman. “We alternated performing compressions and providing assisted ventilation on the woman,” said Lipaz. “All the while, the woman’s children, who were both teenagers were hysterically screaming on the side as they watched the proceedings praying that we would save their mother. My mom, Shira, who in addition to being an EMT is a volunteer with United Hatzalah’s Psychotrauma and Crisis Response Unit, took them into a different room and began speaking with them in an effort to calm them down. The fact that she did this allowed us to work on the woman, and thankfully our efforts were successful, and after nearly an hour, the woman’s pulse came back and she began breathing once again.”

“The children were hysterical,” recounted Shira. “It took a long time and a lot of effort to calm them down and help them process what was happening. They had gone into emotional shock at seeing their mother collapse. I was saddened so much to see how much pain they were in. Thankfully, utilizing the techniques I have been trained with, and some of my own skills as a mother, I was able to finally calm them down. Once their mother’s pulse came back, I was able to relay that information and that helped them further. I am so thankful that the CPR was successful and that their mother would come back to them.”

Speaking about what it is like to respond to medical emergencies with her own family members Shira smiled with pride and said: “It is really uplifting to see how brave and strong my daughter is. She makes me proud every time we rush out together to save lives. Her husband Shimon is also a volunteer and that too makes me proud. Rushing out together with one’s family to medical emergencies is something that brings us closer as a family. It is a great feeling.”

“At the beginning, I used to rush out by myself as I was the first volunteer in the family, now my daughter passes me and runs out faster than I do. Whenever we are in synagogue together, or at a meal together, she is out the door well before me, and even before her husband. It doesn’t matter which emergency is. It could be a shooting, a light injury, or someone with shortness of breath. I am so proud of both of them and the work that they do in helping those around them no matter what the circumstances. As a mother, there is no greater satisfaction for me.”

Dr. Keidar: 'Jordan needs Israel more than Israel needs Jordan'

A prominent Israeli researcher on Arab affairs has called on the Israeli government to ‘reassess’ the Jewish state’s relationship with the Kingdom of Jordan.

Students For The Temple Mount

"Awake, north wind, and come, south wind! Blow on my garden, that its fragrance may spread everywhere. Let my beloved come into His garden and taste its choice fruits."

From the Song of Song 4:16,
by king Solomon A"H.

131109686_2328492110630353_8417465180147812569_n.jpg

Students For The Temple Mount

Last edited:
Ofir Boutbul to carry a beacon on Independence Day

Ofir Boutbul, an 18-year-old 12th grader who volunteered with Sachi organization - "Unique Charity Patrol", in which framework she accomplanies an elderly person who lives alone will light a beacon at the 72rd Independence Day ceremony - Minister of Transport Miri Regev and Minister of Culture Hili Trooper confirmed Today.

"We were pleased to announce to Oir that we have chosen her among those who light a beacon on the Independence Day of the State of Israel.

Ofir, a representative of the Sachi organization, which unites over a thousand Israeli girls and youth from north to south, express the spirit of volunteerisn and Israeli brotherhood."

Any49ZBbBmUqxnGRMU7Topmoai33%2Fimages%2Ffull%2F1617557333136

IF YOU LOVE ISRAEL - SHARE NEWSRAEL!

A Peace Plan With A Difference

On the eastern bank of the Kidron Valley, opposite the City of David, is the Arab town of Silwan. The pastoral setting feeds the ignorant with a Palestinian antiquity. Scenes such as this are what the media often zoom in on to ‘prove’ the longevity of the Arabs as the indigenous people of the land. But Silwan is barely one hundred years old, which in the real estate of the Middle East is only the blink of an eye.

Jews living in Silwan predated the Arabs who live there today. Jewish settlement began in the late 19th century. Yemenite Jews from the Arabian Peninsula interpreted sweeping changes in the world as a sign of redemption. Expecting the Messiah, many made their way to what was the barren ‘Ottoman Palestine’ to settle on the banks of the Kidron. They set up their homes in empty tombs that once belonged to the kings of Israel. Over time, the small Yemenite community grew and just years before the state of Israel was born, it even had its own president in Moses Kehati.

inon kehati
(Inon Kehati)

Moses’ youngest grandson is Inon Kehati. Inon, who is following in his grandfather’s Zionist footsteps, is the founder of ‘The Home,’ “the only Israeli Palestinian peace movement that opposes the two-state solution and supports the restoration of the Israeli sovereignty to Judea and Samaria.” The project also opposes the intervention of foreigners. It is Kehati’s belief, that Jews and Arabs stand more chance of working things out between themselves, if foreign agencies refrained from intervening and inflaming the conflict with pathos. Israeli-American social media icon Rudi Rochman has enthusiastically jumped on board, and the initiative has even caught the attention of the world-renowned Islamic scholar, Professor Mordechai Kedar.

Although he has a BA in Governance and History of the Middle East, Kehati has gained his most practical knowledge from his countless one-on-one coffee encounters with those who live in the heart of the conflict. For the last six years, he has enabled thousands of Jews and Arabs to meet each other face to face. True peace, he believes, can only be achieved by establishing relationship, and it is the settler Zionist Jews, those who have a deep commitment to the entire Land of Israel who should get to know the Arabs who live in Judea and Samaria.

Inon is a man driven by a double-sided passion. Although he is convinced that the only workable solution is the establishment of Israeli sovereignty over all the disputed territories, he also believes he has the solution for both sides to live in peace.

Dialoguing with the Arabs, he persuades them that Israel is the ancestral homeland of the Jewish people. Over endless cups of coffee, he also wins them over to the idea that the Arabs are the Biblical ‘stranger,’ a term that invokes a Torah-based Jewish responsibility to ensure those not of the tribe have a right to live in peace. It’s a big goal, demonstrated by the shared Arabic and Hebrew name for his organization. But although it’s a big goal, it has a step by step strategy.

cleaning hate
(Courtesy of 'The Home')

Since 2015, Kehati has been working on a project called “cleaning the hate.” This initiative sees Jews and Arabs meet in Arab towns with trash bags in hand to clean up the streets. The movement has gathered momentum. Numbers have increased and many towns are looking a lot cleaner. After the hard work on the streets, the tired and grubby sit down for yet another cup of coffee and chat about a workable future.

With relationships formed, the next step for Kehati was to obtain permits for the Arabs to visit Jewish homes. Contrary to the slurs that Israel is an apartheid state, Kehati obtained the permits for Arabs to meet Jews in their homes, a reciprocal privilege denied to Jews by the Palestinian Authority.

With such a warm reception from their neighbors, it was not long before the Arabs dare to speak behind closed doors about what they are afraid to say in public. Not even the optimist Kehati would have imagined that Arabs residents of Judea and Samaria are telling their Jewish neighbors about the brutality of their own authority. And if that wasn’t enough, he probably would never have dreamed that they would want Israeli sovereignty for them to live in peace and security in the ancestral homeland of the Jewish people.

Shavu'a Tov for Jezre'el Valley

Shavu'a Tov translates from Hebrew
to mean "Have a good week!"

Any49ZBbBmUqxnGRMU7Topmoai33%2Fimages%2Ffull%2F1617606928537

Jerusalem dept mayor is on a mission: Muslim Tourism and women’s rights

The Official sees economic prosperity as the key to peace.

Fleur Hassan-Nahoum grew up in Gibraltar and studied law at King's College London, where she practiced until immigrating to Israel in 2001. There, she became the executive director of Tikva, a nonprofit organization dedicated to saving abandoned and abused Jewish children from the former Soviet Union, and later established a communications consulting business.

In 2016, Hassan-Nahoum was elected to the Jerusalem Municipal Council, rising to opposition leader one year later. Upon her re-election in 2018, she was appointed deputy mayor for foreign relations, economic development and tourism.

Hassan-Nahoum is deeply involved in the advancement of women’s rights and marginalized population groups in the city: its economic development, and for a pluralistic Jerusalem. Hassan-Nahoum is also the co-founder of the UAE-Israel Business Council and Gulf-Israel Women’s Forum.

Fleur, one of the first Israeli women to gloss the pages of a Bahraini newspaper, is a wife and mother of four children. She is the first profiled woman guest on the premier episode of the new television program Facing the Middle East with Felice Friedson.

Father of Rina Shnerb, killed by terror, to light Independence Day torch

Rabbi Eitan Shnerb, father of Rina Shnerb, the 17-year-old girl who was killed in a terrorist attack in the West Bank in 2019, was selected on Tuesday to light a torch during the state’s 73rd Independence Day ceremony.

Each year ahead of Independence Day, a designated committee chooses a number of prominent individuals from a wide range of fields and occupations to light a torch during Israel’s biggest national ceremony.

Continue reading:

Tourism, salmon and love of Israel: Faroe Islands open its seventh diplomatic mission in the world - in Israel

In the midst of the Corona crisis, the North Atlantic Territory has chosen to open its seventh world diplomatic mission in the country, even before it has one in the US.

The Faroe Islands, a group of islands in the North Atlantic, are considered one of the most beautiful and unique places in the world. The islands officially belong to the Kingdom of Denmark, but in practice the 53,000 inhabitants of the islands enjoy almost complete autonomy. Quite surprisingly, in the midst of the Corona crisis, the Faroe Islands opened an "embassy" in Israel.

The Faroese diplomatic mission in Israel is their seventh worldwide, and to explain how unusual the move is, we will note that the Faroe Islands do not even have a representation in the United States. The diplomatic representative of the Faroe Islands in Israel, John Rajani, said that the decision to open a representative office here was intended to promote their trade and tourism relations with Israel.

6068682b1566e7da.jpg

The Faroe Islands are made up of 18 islands located between mainland Europe and Iceland. Of the 18 islands, only 17 are manned. The weather there is very fickle and unpredictable, and on a good day one can feel all the seasons there. Since 1948, the group of islands belonging to Denmark has been governed by an independent government, and enjoys the status of an autonomous region.

6068673605e70e00.jpg

"The Israeli people love salmon, and we want to give you fresh salmon from the Faroe Islands. We are proud to be the best in the world, and we export to the whole world," Rajani said. "Our salmon is premium, it is used for sushi and quality restaurants, and today there is very little trade between Israel and the Faroe Islands. Israel is making progress in many areas, and I think there is potential for much more cooperation."

Rajani said that one of the reasons for opening an embassy in Israel was the sympathy that the citizens of the archipelago have for Israel. "It has to do with many reasons. It is a conservative Christian country and many of the islanders have a lot of knowledge about the Old Testament and the history of Israel," he said. "They love Israel very much and follow you. Since the 1970s, there have been many trips by residents of the Faroe Islands to Israel."

He estimated that there is no other country in the world that has sent such a high proportion of its residents on trips to Israel, relative to the Faroe Islands. "This is another reason why there is a positive sentiment for Israel," Rajani said. "And the government said we need to open an embassy in Israel to promote and strengthen relations - both political and economic and cultural."

6068675707688410.jpg

One of the islands' special attractions is the sea parrot - the puffins - which attract tourists from all over the world.

Regarding tourism, Rajani said that the mission has already begun market research to see if there is an economic feasibility of opening direct flights between Israel and the islands. "We have a national airline and they have planes that can fly directly to Tel Aviv," he said. "We are exploring options. The Faroe Islands are an unfamiliar diamond of the world. We are far away, and we have to choose to reach us. The islands have remained pure and non-touristy, and we are looking for quality tourism."

According to Rajani, Israeli citizens can fit the description he gives to tourists they want to see in the Faroe Islands. "Israel is a perfect match for that. Israelis love to travel the world and that's good for us. They will see the Faroe Islands as a great experience."

606867c8109534c4.jpg

The Faroe Islands are probably remembered by Israeli football fans from past encounters as part of the World Cup and Euro qualifiers. The team, known as the "cannon fodder" of Europe, was drawn in the same house with Israel in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers, and on November 15 its players will arrive in Israel, two months after the Israeli team players visit there.

According to the plan, the foreign minister will also arrive with the Faroe Islands team in November, who will officially inaugurate the offices in the country with a delegation of businessmen who will begin cooperation between the countries.

Rajani also spoke about the feelings he experienced upon arriving in Israel in January, which was the most severe of the corona plague in the country. "I arrived at the end of January in the middle of the closure. I could wait longer but we saw how much Israel was progressing and how you managed to deal with the challenges of the Corona. Although it was difficult at first, it gave me time to set up an office and find a home. Now I am more active and meet interesting people, " he concluded.

'Amit Segal:

"For the depressed from the paralysis, for those upset by the lack of decision, for those who are worried about the fate of the country: remember where we were a year ago. The horror of a raging epidemic, the onslaught of eggs and toilet paper, the first closure, the last year's Sedder alone or in zoom, the feeling that our lives will never be the same again".

Last edited:
About 2,600 Jews ascended the Temple Mount during Passover

Director General of the Temple Mount Heritage Foundation:
"to those who ascend and strive for the Temple Mount - well done!"

The Students for the Temple Mount and the Temple Mount Heritage Foundation guided about 2,600 Jews in their ascent to the Temple Mount organized during the weekdays of Passover. This is the first time since the eruption of the corona of a massive and organized ascent to the Temple Mount. The "Great Ascension" organization ended without any unusual events.

On Monday, the first of Passover, 502 Jews ascended the Temple Mount, about 100 of them under the guidance of Professor Aryeh Eldad and Rabbi Shmuel Moreno and with the participation of the Harel Youth Organization on behalf of the Temple Mount Heritage Foundation.

On Tuesday, the second day of Passover, 574 Jews ascended the Temple Mount, about 100 of them under the leadership and guidance of public figures Arnon Segal and Rachel Sela, a women's organization for the Temple that operates in cooperation with the foundation.

On Wednesday, the 3rd of Passover, 501 Jews ascended the mountain, about 50 of them under the guidance and guidance of Jerusalem researcher Dr. Eyal Davidson.

On Thursday, 945 Jews ascended the Temple Mount, about 150 of them under the guidance and direction of Dr. Mordechai Keidar and Tom Nissani, CEO of the Temple Mount Heritage Foundation.

All others who ascended the Temple Mount received guidance from the Temple Mount Heritage Foundation at no cost.

After the 'Great Ascension' organization, Tom Nissani, CEO of the Temple Mount Heritage Foundation, said: “After a year of Corona, the people of Israel have returned to the Temple Mount. Our organized ascents led by prominent public figures brought hundreds to the Mountain who prayed together and alone, and learned about the holiest place for the Jewish people".

168845853_2429524197193810_1598506227790188916_n.png

Last edited:
A New Holiness in Tel-Aviv
Rosh Yehudi sings in the streets of Tel Aviv with deep faith that love and closeness are warranted now more than ever.

Rosh Yehudi is changing the spiritual landscape of Tel-Aviv. It has reconnected tens of thousands of Jewish people to their roots and infused them with a passion for their faith and heritage. In this video, you can see and feel some of the incredible energy of Rosh Yehudi.

A few words from a Rosh Yehudi member: “I joined Rosh Yehudi 15 years ago and it changed my life. I went from being a single, career-oriented woman in high-tech to a married religious woman dedicated to building a solid Jewish home.

The Rosh Yehudi community provided me with a safe and accepting space in which I could connect to my Jewish identity and grow as a human being. Words cannot express how grateful I am to Rosh Yehudi- to me it will always be home”.

European colonists and their offspring.
That the world seems to consider it worth risking nuclear annihilation to get rid of. No one seems to find that odd or unacceptable. The next time the world decides to burn the Jews, the world gets invited to that bonfire.

Rita with Offer Nissim - Stronger Than The Wind

Walla never thought I'd be groovin to a new Rita- Nissim track...
On a side note, a friend just noticed - "ironically, of all whom we have seen in politics,
it is our proudly gay minister who fights passionately for Jewish prayer on Temple Mount"

:SMILEW~130:

She was stronger than the winter
She was stronger than storm
To grow from the nothing she had
This is the secret of her strength
She is now stronger than the wind
Will grow from the pain of the past
Now love she knows a hug that doesn't end
Out of broken worlds she is growing, she is growing
Whole nights she weaves what she will have

Forum List

Back