Who are the fools buying into more drilling?

why arent they practical right now? its far easier to say 'we'll do it when technology is better' than to say 'lets get it done now.' stalling is not a good tactic

We don't have an infrastructure set up to implement those alt energies plus more R and D is needed for them to be feasible. And I believe they will be in twenty years. I'm not saying don't do the research right now. It's ongoing. As soon as the private sector emerges with a reliable, viable product that rivals and is cheaper than oil, I'll be buying it.

Drilling is investing in the past. And it is stupid. Wind and solar are practical right now. This line about "someday, eventually, blah blah blah is just for people who lack critical thinking skills.

Have you been out west to see the R and D concerning shale excavation and the amounts? It's only practical to exploit what we have.

i just talked with my really smart friend. I haven't talked to him in awhile. He turned me on to the fact that the Income Tax is unconstitutional and he loves Ron Paul.

Your friend isn't "really smart". The argument that the Income Tax is unconstutional is an absurd one. The Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals stated that people are attracted to the "tax protestor movement's illusory claim that there is no legal requirement to pay federal income tax." The court called the tax protester arguments "wholly defective and unsuccessful."[12] Ideas associated with the tax protester movement have been forwarded under different names over time. These ideas have been put forth, for example, in the broader Christian Patriot and Posse Comitatus movements, which generally assert that the Constitution has been usurped by the federal government.

Tax protester (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either way, it's a silly position to take. Given what I've heard from Ron Paul, he doesn't have a clue about what the Constitution says either. I can see where he'd appeal to certain types that have issues with authority.

If they would let the real free market do it's work, oil prices would go down, or people will drive less and people would develop new technologies. But because oil lobbyistts pay politicians to pass laws in their favor, they win.

I don't agree with everything he says, but he puts it a better way than the people here do.

If you're accurately stating your friend's arguments, he's incorrect there as well. The "free market" wouldn't result in lower prices than we're paying. What *might* happen is that even more of the oil would be shipped to India and China.... a much more likely scenario.

The issue of subsidies to oil companies and tax policy surrounding them, including the export of domestic oil supplies is a separate issue.

i just talked with my really smart friend. I haven't talked to him in awhile. He turned me on to the fact that the Income Tax is unconstitutional and he loves Ron Paul.

Oh...and next time you speak with your friend, give him this:

Idiot Legal Arguments: A Casebook for Dealing with Extremist Legal Arguments

By Bernard J. Sussman, JD, MLS, CP

Foreword (by Mark Pitcavage)

What follows this introduction is a truly extraordinary collection of cases and decisions dealing with the "paper terrorism" tactics of the so-called "patriot" movement. While some members of this movement prefer the use of guns or bombs, the weapons of choice for many others are harassing lawsuits, harassing filings, bogus documents ranging from counterfeit money to counterfeit identification cards, tax protest arguments, and many related activities. Often these tactics are accompanied by bizarre legal or, more accurately, pseudolegal language. Many people who encounter such tactics for the first time are surprised and sometimes confused by the strange and unexpected arguments that show up in the courtroom.

Idiot Legal Arguments Page 1

Did you know there's even a bunch of ijits who claim they're Moors and not subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of this country?

That doesn't go real far either.... unless of course this fictitious moorish country has also given them diplomatic immunity.

Your friend isn't "really smart". The argument that the Income Tax is unconstutional is an absurd one. The Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals stated that people are attracted to the "tax protestor movement's illusory claim that there is no legal requirement to pay federal income tax." The court called the tax protester arguments "wholly defective and unsuccessful."[12] Ideas associated with the tax protester movement have been forwarded under different names over time. These ideas have been put forth, for example, in the broader Christian Patriot and Posse Comitatus movements, which generally assert that the Constitution has been usurped by the federal government.

Either way, it's a silly position to take. Given what I've heard from Ron Paul, he doesn't have a clue about what the Constitution says either. I can see where he'd appeal to certain types that have issues with authority.

If you're accurately stating your friend's arguments, he's incorrect there as well. The "free market" wouldn't result in lower prices than we're paying. What *might* happen is that even more of the oil would be shipped to India and China.... a much more likely scenario.

The issue of subsidies to oil companies and tax policy surrounding them, including the export of domestic oil supplies is a separate issue.

First of all, the US Supreme Court ruled it was unconstitutional, so why are you telling me what a lower court said? Do they trump the Supreme Court? The Supreme Court never changed their position. But Congress passed the 1913 Federal Reserve Act illegally, over Xmas break, when there weren't enough of them in Washington to vote....

And why turn over our money system to JP Morgan, Carnege & Rockafellor? The three most corrupt men in US history? That doesn't strike you as strange?

You know what? Watch Freedom to Fascism dvd. You'll learn everything you need to know. I'm not going to debate it all from memory.

And this is why some people get found not guilty of tax evasion. Show me the law! But you roll the dice that a jury of 12 will understand the facts. I would hate to have you on my jury. That's why I pay my taxes, unconstitutional or not.

I just showed him your reply and he is laughing at you. LOL.

Oh...and next time you speak with your friend, give him this:

Idiot Legal Arguments Page 1

Did you know there's even a bunch of ijits who claim they're Moors and not subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of this country?

That doesn't go real far either.... unless of course this fictitious moorish country has also given them diplomatic immunity.

I cut and pasted your replies and emailed it to him. He'll reply.

And seriously, watch Freedom to Fascism. It'll wake your ass up.

I just showed him your reply and he is laughing at you. LOL.

One... the US Supreme Court has NEVER ruled the income tax unconststitutional.

Two... your "smart friend" can laugh all he wants. I pretty much guarantee in any court he tried to make those arguments he wouldn't be laughing.

And you can take that to the bank.

And while you're there:

Some protesters include false quotations in their arguments. Radio personality Dave Champion contends that the following verbiage is a quotation from the case of Evans v. Gore in his own arguments on the internet about federal income taxes:

The sixteenth [amendment] does not justify the taxation of persons or things (their property) previously immune . . .it does not extend taxing power to new or excepted citizens…it is intended only to remove all occasions from any apportionment of income taxes among the states. It does not authorize a tax on a salary. [ . . . ][73]

The quoted material by Dave Champion is false; it does not appear in the Court's decision.[74] In Evans v. Gore, the U.S. Supreme Court actually did rule that a federal income tax on certain income of federal judges was unconstitutional. The Evans v. Gore ruling has been interpreted as barring application of the Federal income tax to a Federal judge who had been appointed prior to the enactment of the tax.[75] This was the Court's year 1920 interpretation of the "Compensation Clause", the rule that Federal judges "shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office" under Article III, section 1 of the U.S. Constitution. The decision in Evans v. Gore was eviscerated in the 1939 U.S. Supreme Court decision of O'Malley v. Woodrough,[76] and was expressly overruled by the U.S. Supreme Court itself in 2001, in the case of United States v. Hatter.[77] In Hatter, the Supreme Court stated: "We now overrule Evans insofar as it holds that the Compensation Clause forbids Congress to apply a generally applicable, nondiscriminatory tax to the salaries of federal judges, whether or not they were appointed before enactment of the tax."[78]

Neither the Supreme Court nor any other federal court has ever ruled that the Sixteenth Amendment (or any other part of the Constitution) does not authorize a Federal income tax on compensation for personal services.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_constitutional_arguments#Evans_v._Gore

One... the US Supreme Court has NEVER ruled the income tax unconststitutional.

Two... your "smart friend" can laugh all he wants. I pretty much guarantee in any court he tried to make those arguments he wouldn't be laughing.

And you can take that to the bank.

watch the dvd and learn
1. you are wrong about the supreme court
2. people do get away with it in court
3. They even explain people like you and your brainwashed mentality.

No wonder both dems and republcans are catering to corporations, out of control, corrupt and bankrupting this country. Why not when sheeple like you won't do a damn thing about it. In fact, you defend them. WOW

watch the dvd and learn
1. you are wrong about the supreme court
2. people do get away with it in court
3. They even explain people like you and your brainwashed mentality.

No wonder both dems and republcans are catering to corporations, out of control, corrupt and bankrupting this country. Why not when sheeple like you won't do a damn thing about it. In fact, you defend them. WOW

No. I'm not...

No...they don't...

You're deluding yourself.

I don't know who this elusive "them* is... but I do know what's done in Court. And you are 100% incorrect.

No. I'm not...

No...they don't...

You're deluding yourself.

I don't know who this elusive "them* is... but I do know what's done in Court. And you are 100% incorrect.

The dvd will site specific court cases where people were found not guilty. When the judge can't show the jury the law that states people must pay income tax, the jury has no choice but to find them not guilty.

And some jurors are like you, so I wouldn't try it. Brainwashed thinking an unconstitutional tax is patriotic and right. Sad.

Just watch it. I promise you will not be so cocky.

Of course your little google search is going to squash what I am telling you. This is one of the biggest scams ever perpetrated on the American people.

The income tax was to pay for WW2. Why is it still around?

Only direct income taxes are constitutional. If you want a road, charge me a road tax. School, school tax. The dvd will show you all the legal taxes we pay. The income tax only goes towards the interest on the national debt. The JP morgans and Rockafellors took over our $ and therefore took over our freedom. Control the money, control the people. Why did we need them to manage our finances? And they love it that we are going further into debt. Because the more we go into debt, the more they OWN us.

Our founding fathers said no direct taxes.

Now don't quote me on every thing I just said. Watch the damn dvd and wake up. No one I have shown talks like you. They usally say, "oh well, what can we do about it". But they don't dispute the facts. Because the dvd shows you just how little you and every other American knows. You know NOTHING!

People who get duped or conned never know it at the time. You were in the clueless stage. Right now you are in the denial stage.

Hey, since the GOP weakened the dollar so much and the cost of everything has gone up, let's go to our unions and have them demand companies pay us all 15% more than we make now to make up for it.

Oh yea, we aren't in a union. I forgot. Screwed.

when you say the dollar has weakened so much, is the dollar moving away or towards the mean for historical exchange rate? I would not count the euro since it does not have much history. How does the exchange rate compare historically against the british pound, yen or other major currencies?

See, here's the thing. I'm not going to watch a DVD that goes against everything I've learned about the law in all the years I studied it and all the years I've practiced it.

NO SUPREME COURT CASE HAS EVER FOUND INCOME TAX UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE IS TELLING YOU... IN WHATEVER FORMAT THEY'RE TELLING IT TO YOU.

Don't believe everything you hear just because someone says something you wish were true.

when you say the dollar has weakened so much, is the dollar moving away or towards the mean for historical exchange rate? I would not count the euro since it does not have much history. How does the exchange rate compare historically against the british pound, yen or other major currencies?

I don't know. But someone told me something interesting the other day. Many countries in the EU, like Greece, regret joining. Because now Greece can't just make more drakmas when they want. So they lost control.

I don't know what you are asking me. I'd say the yen will rule soon. The Euro is not going to last forever. And the dollar is not going to be very important to the rest of the world soon.

We used to be the largest creditor in the world, so of course we were the beacon. Now, we owe everyone. So we have lost our standing already. Not completely, but it's in the process.

We have allowed our dependency on foriegn oil to ruin us not our own oil in your environmentally sensitive areas.

See, here's the thing. I'm not going to watch a DVD that goes against everything I've learned about the law in all the years I studied it and all the years I've practiced it.

NO SUPREME COURT CASE HAS EVER FOUND INCOME TAX UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE IS TELLING YOU... IN WHATEVER FORMAT THEY'RE TELLING IT TO YOU.

Don't believe everything you hear just because someone says something you wish were true.

I'll give you the same advice. These truths have been erased from the history books. Maybe if you watched the dvd, you could then go look and see I'm right...or wrong.

I work at Thomson Reuters. Do you use our tax books?

The rule, not law, says something to this affect. "those who are requred to pay state taxes are required to pay federal income taxes"

You know the tax laws are about the most confusing shit, right? Why do you think they make them that way? We were duped.

I didn't quit my job when I found this out. Neither do you. And as a lawyer, I promise you will LOVE the dvd. Freedom to Fascism. Aaron Russo directed and starred in it. Of course they painted him to be a nut, but I disagree. Please watch it. It has to interest you if you are in tax law.

I promise it will be easier for you to understand than it was for me because you will know if and what is bullshit and you'll know how to investigate.

Remember, the IRS book is not law, right? The Internal Revenue Code is not LAW. Those are tax rules.

The IRS is like a government mafia. They are above the law. You'll see all this in the dvd. Anyways, I hope you give it a see.

I don't know. But someone told me something interesting the other day. Many countries in the EU, like Greece, regret joining. Because now Greece can't just make more drakmas when they want. So they lost control.

I don't know what you are asking me. I'd say the yen will rule soon. The Euro is not going to last forever. And the dollar is not going to be very important to the rest of the world soon.

We used to be the largest creditor in the world, so of course we were the beacon. Now, we owe everyone. So we have lost our standing already. Not completely, but it's in the process.

With China's growth, why wouldn't the yuan rule more than the yen?

My question was whether the dollar was reverting back to the mean or away from the mean for the exchange. If the dollar is moving towards the mean, than it is normal and if we have been at the mean for a while than it is normal for it to be moving away. The dollar cannot be strong forever.

If the dollar is not going to be important, than tourism will take a big hit. The USA is one of the highest income per capita countries.

With China's growth, why wouldn't the yuan rule more than the yen?

My question was whether the dollar was reverting back to the mean or away from the mean for the exchange. If the dollar is moving towards the mean, than it is normal and if we have been at the mean for a while than it is normal for it to be moving away. The dollar cannot be strong forever.

If the dollar is not going to be important, than tourism will take a big hit. The USA is one of the highest income per capita countries.

We will become Australia or Canada. Not bad, just not the leader. And I'm ok with that I guess. Maybe with a weak dollar we can start manufacturing again? Who knows.

Trust me, you'd need a gun puss.

Hey, my buddy james lee is fighting in the ufc in august. google james lee ufc for exact dates. I believe this month. maybe even this weekend.. shit, its august already? I used to whip him. but I stopped wrestling before ufc was even popular. he's getting old too. he and everyone that knew me back then all ask me if I wish ufc was around back when I was in my 20's.

I doubt you have the ground game to handle me.

and no you wouldn't be able to keep me from getting inside on you.

let me guess, you learned lethal blows in the service? you better land one or I would drop you on your head. knock some sense in you. humble you.

ps. I beat up a marine when I was a junior in highschool. telegraph strip. he headlocked me and I had to suflay him on his head. he almost chocked me out. crazy fucker. he even took several punches to his balls. my friends and I will never forget that. I shouldn't of thrown my mcd milkshake in his face for taking cuts in front of me.

Piss my pants? With laughter?

Fight Finder - James Lee's Mixed Martial Arts Statistics

Here is my buddy James Lee. fighting September 6th. Order it on PPV, if you can afford it.

UFC : Ultimate Fighting Championship

You "suflayed" him did you? :)

When you were in jr high the elementary school bully still shook you down for your milk money, so shut the fuck up already.:rofl:

Forum List

Back