Who are the fools buying into more drilling?

btw: Of the two common Greek stereotypes with which I'm familiar, I concluded that the gay one was the less offensive. :eusa_whistle:

Admitting I am wrong... only if I were....

To put it in easy to understand terms... I don't support subsidizing anything...

In terms of true cost and with all the research seen... nuke is one of the most expensive to build... but the total costs (even in OTHER countries that use it much more than we do) in the long run, are cheaper than other technologies AT THIS POINT...

What would be smarter, and what ones like you don't seem to understand, would be to deal on both parts of the spectrum... dealing with the technologies we must use today and in the near future (oil, coal, nuke, etc) ALL THE WHILE researching into making the other forms of energy production viable in the scale that we will need them for in the future....

And I am not here to lecture you on energy or electric production... but you seem to want to lecture people on things such as photovoltaics, even though you cannot use the correct terms when trying to explain it

Ah, so I mis-spelled the word, well I guess that proves it, you're a better speller than I.

Unfortunately for you you're wrong about everything else.

Setting aside the completely unsoved problem of nuclear waste, which remains hazardous for literally tens of thousands of years, just on the economic score nuclear is a poor choice (if people want nuclear power then they should be willing to store the hazardous waste in their own backyards instead of putting it out of sight, out of mind in some hole in the ground in some one else's backyard). Nuclear produced electricity is vastly more expensive than wind generated electricity right now. We don't have to wait for some day way off in the future when the fossil fuel industry has used up all fossil fuels (and completly polluted the Earth), to change over to sustainable and clean energy. The research has been done, wind generation is viable now and is coming on line despite the fossil fuels industry's attempts to stop it.The only thing standing in the way is the brainwashed thinking of people like you.

As Barak Obamba said yesterday "It's as if they are proud of being ignorant".

35 percent of every barrel goes towards something that makes our life better. Wind and sun can't do this. That's another huge reason why we need oil. The OP wouldn't have been able to type his message without oil. Why don't dems acknowledge this? I haven't heard them talk of how oil has advanced the world. This type of rudimentary reasoning exhibited by the dems is out of touch and severely diminishes any credibility they have towards energy.

:cuckoo:
35 percent of every barrel goes towards something that makes our life better. Wind and sun can't do this. That's another huge reason why we need oil. The OP wouldn't have been able to type his message without oil. Why don't dems acknowledge this? I haven't heard them talk of how oil has advanced the world. This type of rudimentary reasoning exhibited by the dems is out of touch and severely diminishes any credibility they have towards energy.

oil and fossil fuels certainly is what drove our industrialized nation for about the last century!

HOWEVER, it was CHEAP oil that benefitted us....

we no longer have this luxury available to us....it is time to move on to the NEXT fuels that will do this for us, for the next century! and self sufficient, clean energy would be the key, verses sending our wealth overseas for fuel....

care

oil and fossil fuels certainly is what drove our industrialized nation for about the last century!

HOWEVER, it was CHEAP oil that benefitted us....

we no longer have this luxury available to us....it is time to move on to the NEXT fuels that will do this for us, for the next century! and self sufficient, clean energy would be the key, verses sending our wealth overseas for fuel....

care

Hey, since the GOP weakened the dollar so much and the cost of everything has gone up, let's go to our unions and have them demand companies pay us all 15% more than we make now to make up for it.

Oh yea, we aren't in a union. I forgot. Screwed.

we can move towards electric cars....and get the electric from water, wind, natural gas, solar and nuclear.....

there will be some things that won't convert to electric and will continue to need oil or their byproduct of gasoline, i realize such.... hopefully, our own oil can accomodate those smaller needs, someday....or our own oil plus maybe some of canada's?

Lord Fish,
Thank you for pointing out another reason that our dependence on oil for energy is stupid.

Oil is an incredibly valuable resource for the manufacturing of plastics, chemicals, fertilizers and more, so why do we want to continue wasting it for creating energy when we can get all the energy we need simply by harnessing the sun and wind?

Oh, that's right, we want to continue to be slaves to the fossil fuel industry, we like over paying for energy.

Do you suppose that people in the future will want to use plastics? Chemicals? Fertilizer?

I'm sure people in the future will be happy that we wasted all the oil by buring it up. Oh well who cares about the next generation, right?

we can move towards electric cars....and get the electric from water, wind, natural gas, solar and nuclear.....

there will be some things that won't convert to electric and will continue to need oil or their byproduct of gasoline, i realize such.... hopefully, our own oil can accomodate those smaller needs, someday....or our own oil plus maybe some of canada's?

Look up Stan Meyer's. UTUBE him too. He invented a car that ran on water and had spoken repeatedly about how he was being threatened by oil companies, but refused to bow to their wishes of abandoning the project...

And he was murdered.

Do some homework on Carneige, JP Morgan, Jay Gould and Rockafellor. They were ruthless. They started and owned our Federal Reserve and also started Standard Oil. Many of them were influenced by the Darwinian conclusion that the strong eventually will destroy the weak. Their faith in Darwinism helped them to justify this view as morally right. As a result, they felt that their ruthless (and often illegal and lethal) business practices were justified by science. They also concluded that Darwinian concepts and conclusions were an inevitable part of the ‘unfolding of history’ and consequently practising them was not wrong or immoral, but was both right and natural.

Darwin’s critical influence on the ruthless extremes of capitalism

I believe this is in essence, the same for the right wingers that we debate with on these boards. Whether or not they want to refer to themselves as Republicans or Independants or Libertarians, this is what we are up against.

Yet the little fool wihosi and ones like him believe Nazi Pelosi and her belief that releasing some from the strategic reserves will reduce gas prices

Let's look at the logic of that for a second... releasing a little will provide relief, but drilling for a lot won't...

typical lib logic

Now I understand you better:

A review of the writings of the leading ‘robber baron’ capitalists reveals that many of them were influenced by the Darwinian conclusion that the strong eventually will destroy the weak. Their faith in Darwinism helped them to justify this view as morally right. As a result, they felt that their ruthless (and often illegal and lethal) business practices were justified by science. They also concluded that Darwinian concepts and conclusions were an inevitable part of the ‘unfolding of history’ and consequently practising them was not wrong or immoral, but was both right and natural.

This is who I visualize for Bobo...
YouTube - Matt Foley Tribute

This one is for you too jreeves:

A review of the writings of the leading ‘robber baron’ capitalists reveals that many of them were influenced by the Darwinian conclusion that the strong eventually will destroy the weak. Their faith in Darwinism helped them to justify this view as morally right. As a result, they felt that their ruthless (and often illegal and lethal) business practices were justified by science. They also concluded that Darwinian concepts and conclusions were an inevitable part of the ‘unfolding of history’ and consequently practising them was not wrong or immoral, but was both right and natural.

Now I understand you.

This one is for you too jreeves:

Now I understand you.

J.P. Morgan​

morgan_photo.jpg

This famous portrait of J.P. Morgan (done from life incidently) pretty much says it all, I think.​

The personal editorial the artist put into it, isn't quite so obvious in color.​

One wonders if J.P. missed it, or saw it and it pleased him, or if he and the artist conspired to give it this effect.​

for those of you unfamiliar with this image, or who are wondering what on earth I'm talking about?​

Keep looking, you'll see it eventually.​

J.P. Morgan​

morgan_photo.jpg

This famous portrait of J.P. Morgan (done from life incidently) pretty much says it all, I think.​

The personal editorial the artist put into it, isn't quite so obvious in color.​

One wonders if J.P. missed it, or saw it and it pleased him, or if he and the artist conspired to give it this effect.​

for those of you unfamiliar with this image, or who are wondering what on earth I'm talking about?​

Keep looking, you'll see it eventually.​

How can anyone think turning over our finances to these guys and letting them start the federal reserve in 1913 was a good idea? Or when I say the Federal Income Tax is unconstitutional. Or that these guys bribed Congress and Hoover to let them essentially take over our country.

Lord Fish,
Thank you for pointing out another reason that our dependence on oil for energy is stupid.

Oil is an incredibly valuable resource for the manufacturing of plastics, chemicals, fertilizers and more, so why do we want to continue wasting it for creating energy when we can get all the energy we need simply by harnessing the sun and wind?

Oh, that's right, we want to continue to be slaves to the fossil fuel industry, we like over paying for energy.

Do you suppose that people in the future will want to use plastics? Chemicals? Fertilizer?

I'm sure people in the future will be happy that we wasted all the oil by buring it up. Oh well who cares about the next generation, right?

As a geologist, yes, mine it, drill it, pump it, excavate it, refine it. It makes the world a better place. That's what geology does. I'll throw in a caveat for ya though. I am for sound environmental practices.

i just talked with my really smart friend. I haven't talked to him in awhile. He turned me on to the fact that the Income Tax is unconstitutional and he loves Ron Paul.

He was telling me that regulations are the problem. I said, "but the oil companies need to be regulated", and he said, "you don't understand, the regulations protect the oil companies, not us." I was like "huh" and he was like, "yea uh huh". I said, "like, no way" and he said, "yea yes way".

Just kidding.

But what he was saying is that the oil companies don't mind being made out to be the bad buy because they are getting record profits. It is the Governments fault.

If they would let the real free market do it's work, oil prices would go down, or people will drive less and people would develop new technologies. But because oil lobbyistts pay politicians to pass laws in their favor, they win.

I don't agree with everything he says, but he puts it a better way than the people here do.

Oil is the same as natural gas. It's natural. Im all for wind, water, solar, nuclear. They're just not practical right now and there's no immediate transition into them. Thirty years from now I believe there will be. Too keep oil prices about the same while we advance technologically, it's certainly logical to drill and exploit the shales and oil that we do have.

Oil is the same as natural gas. It's natural. Im all for wind, water, solar, nuclear. They're just not practical right now and there's no immediate transition into them. Thirty years from now I believe there will be. Too keep oil prices about the same while we advance technologically, it's certainly logical to drill and exploit the shales and oil that we do have.

why arent they practical right now? its far easier to say 'we'll do it when technology is better' than to say 'lets get it done now.' stalling is not a good tactic

Drilling is investing in the past. And it is stupid. Wind and solar are practical right now. This line about "someday, eventually, blah blah blah is just for people who lack critical thinking skills.

Forum List

Back