Who are Republicans counting on for the next election?

After dems have passed failed legislation after failed legislation on fixing the economy, what exactly will they run on next year? Higher gas, groceries, commodoties, precious metals, rising unemployment approaching 10 percent, economy in ruin.

Bushhhhhhh, the people blame Bushhhhh.

The blame game won't propel O to a second term. We have four years of failed O policies now that must be accounted for.

But you don't have the bucks Obama does. And he can show how it is all Bush's falling cards we are playing now, not to mention the Party of NO whose memo says, "Do Whatever it takes." He can show a host of comments, such as who cares if jobs are lost. He can show the shred/crap/tilt republican plan to cut entitlements, but not raise taxes on the rich.

And you don't have a candidate worth the powder to blow them up.

Talk about this crap when it matters after the primaries. Gotta make sure Obama is even the democratic candidate first.

The way I see it is your sister was a Conservative until she went back to school and got stupid.
She is obviously (and genetically predisposed to be) naive. She is buying what her professors hand her just like her brother did.

Common sense isn't working for you, huh?

Very funny, coming from you, sir.

Sorry dude, I am educated in the mystery's of higher education, and leave the common sense dribble for rightys, while I focus on intellectual logic & perspective. You sir rail against education, and that is a very stupid stance to take.

Common sense is a person that smacks his thumb with a hammer, that hits the thumb again to confirm the hammer caused the pain. Intelligence is the person who handed him the hammer.

Sorry dude, I am educated in the mystery's of higher education, and leave the common sense dribble for rightys, while I focus on intellectual logic & perspective. You sir rail against education, and that is a very stupid stance to take.

Intelligence is worthless without the morality and values to temper it, shintao. THAT is what those of you on the political Left totally miss.

Common sense isn't working for you, huh?

Sorry dude, I am educated in the mystery's of higher education, and leave the common sense dribble for rightys, while I focus on intellectual logic & perspective. r.

You ought to focus on spelling and grammar first.
You are among the most ignorant posters on this board. I doubt you've ever been to college. Maybe the South Harmon Institute of Technology.

Republi-speak. They can't say "wealthy" anymore when talking about who they work for. Their talking- point is "job-creator"

Sorry dude, I am educated in the mystery's of higher education, and leave the common sense dribble for rightys, while I focus on intellectual logic & perspective. r.

You ought to focus on spelling and grammar first.
You are among the most ignorant posters on this board. I doubt you've ever been to college. Maybe the South Harmon Institute of Technology.

Haha. He is a SHIT Sandwich ... that movie is on right now as a matter of fact.

Bushhhhhhh, the people blame Bushhhhh.

The blame game won't propel O to a second term. We have four years of failed O policies now that must be accounted for.

But you don't have the bucks Obama does. And he can show how it is all Bush's falling cards we are playing now, not to mention the Party of NO whose memo says, "Do Whatever it takes." He can show a host of comments, such as who cares if jobs are lost. He can show the shred/crap/tilt republican plan to cut entitlements, but not raise taxes on the rich.

And you don't have a candidate worth the powder to blow them up.

The money is there on either side. Thats not an issue. The issue is O's deplorable record and his failed policies. Again, he'll have to run on merits, which he has none up to this point, which will be his undoing. He can try whatever he wants but his credibility is blown. This country needs someone who is responsible and accountable and we just don't have that in O.

True story. My sister lives with her husband in Nevada. He is a few years younger than her and she is 62 and collects Social Security. Now this guy worked in a mine and recently lost his job. Living in Nevada in a town of a few hundred people miles away from anything, they are very, very insulated. Like most Americans.
Before he lost his job, I told her to stop buying and start saving. She asked "Why"? I told her the country was in a recession. She said, "Oh, maybe that's why no one will hire me". They didn't vote in the last election. They didn't know anything about Nevada politics. They live in a small house way out in the middle of nowhere next to a town of a couple of hundred people.
So she decided to go back to school and see if she could learn a skill so she could make a little extra money. The college, a 45 minute drive to one of it's "mine campuses", had a "seniors program" that was cut. So now she pays full cost.
So last night, I Skyped her and we talked to her about the next election. We try not to talk politics because of her conservative leanings, but last night, she said she would never vote for a Republican. I asked why? She said they want to cut her benefits that she worked all her life for and they cut education. I believe the word she used was "despicable".
Now here is someone totally insulated, a senior (one of the main stays of Republican votes), who never follows politics but who knows she has been threatened by Republican policies.

So that brings up the point. If Republicans have lost gays, blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, teachers, feminists and many women's votes (cutting planned parenthood), many police and other union members, atheists, much of the middle class and so many other groups, including many seniors, who is left to vote Republican?

What policy are they going to run on? Not "Jobs jobs jobs". That bird has flown the coop. What does that leave? Abortion's not working. Gay right's are out. After the Georgia debacle, no one talks much about immigration. What's left?

I'm just curious. What policies will Republicans run on and who will vote for them?

By the way, Skype is a great deal. We both have cameras and talk to each other a couple of times a week. It's almost like the person is in the same room as you. She shows me what she's working on. Shows me pictures her grand kids made. I talk to her husband. It's like sitting at the same table.

So your sister is greedy and wants other people to pay for her education, and she is mad that the evil Republicans have taken that away from her. Only oops, the current Nevada legislature is Democrat controlled. Amazing how those Repubs in the minorty are always making those cuts!

the right hates education.
Nobody hates education, people hate what the libs have done with education.

Gay history? wtf

Why not? Alan Turing, the father of modern computer language was considered one of the most brilliant people of last century as well as being a World War II hero. Phillip Johnson is considered by some to be among the best 2 or 3 architects of the last century. Gays are heavily represented at the top among authors, playwrights, theater, science, art, and so on right down the line.

What are conservative right wingers famous for? Having kids out of wedlock, dropping out, discrimination, slashing school budgets, racism. Certainly not science. Even that Christian music sucks. What do "ya'all" have to be so proud of? Driving the country into debt and redistribution of wealth to the top 10% are not looked on as accomplishments by a majority of Americans.

Nobody hates education, people hate what the libs have done with education.

Gay history? wtf

Why not? Alan Turing, the father of modern computer language was considered one of the most brilliant people of last century as well as being a World War II hero. Phillip Johnson is considered by some to be among the best 2 or 3 architects of the last century. Gays are heavily represented at the top among authors, playwrights, theater, science, art, and so on right down the line.
Are you trying to convince children that homosexuality is a sign of intelligence?

What are conservative right wingers famous for? Having kids out of wedlock, dropping out, discrimination, slashing school budgets, racism.
Blacks and Hispanics lead by far in "Having kids out of wedlock, dropping out" (democrats) and nothing is cutting into school budgets more then having millions of illegal aliens in American schools and not paying taxs.

True story.
So that brings up the point. If Republicans have lost gays, blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, teachers, feminists and many women's votes (cutting planned parenthood), many police and other union members, atheists, much of the middle class and so many other groups, including many seniors, who is left to vote Republican?

What policy are they going to run on? Not "Jobs jobs jobs". That bird has flown the coop. What does that leave? Abortion's not working. Gay right's are out. After the Georgia debacle, no one talks much about immigration. What's left?

I'm just curious. What policies will Republicans run on and who will vote for them?

First, your premise has many wrong assumptions. The first is that Republicans can't run on jobs. Of course they can. Obama hasn't produced any. Job creation is dead in the water and CEO's are openly blaming him.

No president has won re-election since WWII with an unemployment rate over 7.2%. No president besides Reagan has won without one below 6%. Even the most generous economists predict unemployement will not get below 8% any time next year.

Secondly, you've listed a whole bunch of monolithic groups that aren't going to vote GOP next time... but actually, polls show the GOP gaining amongst some of them. And again, the longer this drags on...

Third you work on the assumption that social issues work against the Republicans, and they never really have. The Democrats try to avoid social issues like the plague, and for good reason. Most Americans think that marriage should be between one man and one woman, and that abortion on demand is not a good thing. There are a lot of gradations on views, of course, but the Dems don't help themselves by talking about them.

This is the cry of the left, "yeah, Obama sucks but anyone the GOP picks is gonna suck even more."
It isn't true. Anyone the GOP picks will not be Obama. That is the key here. Obama is so toxic that even a half way decent candidate like Romney or, help us, Bachmann, will make 2012 look like 1980.

I wouldn't count those chickens just yet.

I seem to recall a LOT of people saying something like "There is know way Bush will ever get a second term."

We all know how that worked out.

No. We hate the idea of paying for OTHER PEOPLE's Education, and the over-education that goes on in our public school systems these days.

I guess you're not one of those "teach a man to fish" types...and you're obviously not one of those "give a man a fish" types.

Would make you one of those "Fuck you, it's my fish and I'm not going to tell you how I caught it!!" people.

;)

This is the cry of the left, "yeah, Obama sucks but anyone the GOP picks is gonna suck even more."
It isn't true. Anyone the GOP picks will not be Obama. That is the key here. Obama is so toxic that even a half way decent candidate like Romney or, help us, Bachmann, will make 2012 look like 1980.

I wouldn't count those chickens just yet.

I seem to recall a LOT of people saying something like "There is know way Bush will ever get a second term."

We all know how that worked out.

A lot of people on the Left. Of course they were wrong. The Left is wrong about everything.

I guess you're not one of those "teach a man to fish" types...and you're obviously not one of those "give a man a fish" types.

Would make you one of those "Fuck you, it's my fish and I'm not going to tell you how I caught it!!" people.

;)

Actually, I'm one of those.... "It was your parent's/family's job to teach you how to fish." types.

A lot of people on the Left. Of course they were wrong. The Left is wrong about everything.

A lot of people on the Right too. They tend to be wrong a lot as well, but seem to have a much harder time admitting and accepting it.

Really> Who on the Right said Bush would not win a second term?

No one in particular...certainly no one you would know, I'm sure. Which doesn't prove or disprove anything either way.

You seem to be assuming that everyone who voted for Bush was on the Right and everyone who voted against him was on the Left. I know that a lot of people try to see everything in black or white...the reality is much more colorful most of the time.

Forum List

Back