Who are Republicans counting on for the next election?

I guess you're not one of those "teach a man to fish" types...and you're obviously not one of those "give a man a fish" types.

Would make you one of those "Fuck you, it's my fish and I'm not going to tell you how I caught it!!" people.

;)

Actually, I'm one of those.... "It was your parent's/family's job to teach you how to fish." types.

My parents weren't fishermen.

Nobody hates education, people hate what the libs have done with education.

Gay history? wtf

Why not? Alan Turing, the father of modern computer language was considered one of the most brilliant people of last century as well as being a World War II hero. Phillip Johnson is considered by some to be among the best 2 or 3 architects of the last century. Gays are heavily represented at the top among authors, playwrights, theater, science, art, and so on right down the line.
Are you trying to convince children that homosexuality is a sign of intelligence?

What are conservative right wingers famous for? Having kids out of wedlock, dropping out, discrimination, slashing school budgets, racism.
Blacks and Hispanics lead by far in "Having kids out of wedlock, dropping out" (democrats) and nothing is cutting into school budgets more then having millions of illegal aliens in American schools and not paying taxs.

Maybe gays are trying to make up for what right wingers have done to them. Look how many have been disowned and thrown to the curb.

Percentage wise, some minority groups have more out of wedlock children and more dropouts, but as far as volume, right wingers outnumber any other ethnic group. And considering that the Republican Party is 90% white and mostly Christian, they are an "ethnic group". Remember, when you point a finger, there are three pointing right back at you.

True story.
So that brings up the point. If Republicans have lost gays, blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, teachers, feminists and many women's votes (cutting planned parenthood), many police and other union members, atheists, much of the middle class and so many other groups, including many seniors, who is left to vote Republican?

What policy are they going to run on? Not "Jobs jobs jobs". That bird has flown the coop. What does that leave? Abortion's not working. Gay right's are out. After the Georgia debacle, no one talks much about immigration. What's left?

I'm just curious. What policies will Republicans run on and who will vote for them?

First, your premise has many wrong assumptions. The first is that Republicans can't run on jobs. Of course they can. Obama hasn't produced any. Job creation is dead in the water and CEO's are openly blaming him.

No president has won re-election since WWII with an unemployment rate over 7.2%. No president besides Reagan has won without one below 6%. Even the most generous economists predict unemployement will not get below 8% any time next year.

Secondly, you've listed a whole bunch of monolithic groups that aren't going to vote GOP next time... but actually, polls show the GOP gaining amongst some of them. And again, the longer this drags on...

Third you work on the assumption that social issues work against the Republicans, and they never really have. The Democrats try to avoid social issues like the plague, and for good reason. Most Americans think that marriage should be between one man and one woman, and that abortion on demand is not a good thing. There are a lot of gradations on views, of course, but the Dems don't help themselves by talking about them.

The majority of Americans know who is responsible for jobs being dead in the water. Remember "Jobs jobs jobs"? What political party says "Government can't create jobs". Who would vote for a party that not only says that, but has meddled or blocked every policy from Obama and the Democrats.

the right hates education.

No. We hate the idea of paying for OTHER PEOPLE's Education, and the over-education that goes on in our public school systems these days.

I guess you're not one of those "teach a man to fish" types...and you're obviously not one of those "give a man a fish" types.

Would make you one of those "Fuck you, it's my fish and I'm not going to tell you how I caught it!!" people.

;)

Hilarious. That was perfect. Can I borrow it?

This is the cry of the left, "yeah, Obama sucks but anyone the GOP picks is gonna suck even more."
It isn't true. Anyone the GOP picks will not be Obama. That is the key here. Obama is so toxic that even a half way decent candidate like Romney or, help us, Bachmann, will make 2012 look like 1980.

I wouldn't count those chickens just yet.

I seem to recall a LOT of people saying something like "There is know way Bush will ever get a second term."

We all know how that worked out.

A lot of people on the Left. Of course they were wrong. The Left is wrong about everything.

And of course, the right has been right about everything. Bush taxes. Jobs. Letting Bin Laden go. Iraq. Bush tax extensions. Drugs for votes bill.

Can the country take anymore of their "right"?

No. We hate the idea of paying for OTHER PEOPLE's Education, and the over-education that goes on in our public school systems these days.

;)

Hilarious. That was perfect. Can I borrow it?

By all means.

;)

Actually, I'm one of those.... "It was your parent's/family's job to teach you how to fish." types.

Because Americans aren't supposed to help other Americans. In the world of the right wing, instead of Americans seeing someone fall down and saying, "Can I help you?", they just walk away.

Because Americans aren't supposed to help other Americans. In the world of the right wing, instead of Americans seeing someone fall down and saying, "Can I help you?", they just walk away.

Or kick you in the gut and tell you it's your own damned fault.

Or kick you in the gut and tell you it's your own damned fault.

Or if you're a Democrat make your next door neighbor pay for your mistakes and then tell him he's cruel and heartless if he argues.

"After dems have passed failed legislation after failed legislation on fixing the economy,"

Like what, dupe- Pubs have blocked EVERYTHING since Scott Brown (11/09, including 10 jobs bills- several blatantly Pub style...this is the Pub Nonrecovery...

At this point, I don't care who our nominee is.. I'll vote for my dad's big toe before I vote for Obama or any Marxist.

Nobody, American or otherwise has any responsibility to help anyone outside of their direct family unless they want to. Outside of that it's all about what promotes and forwards your own beliefs and agendas. There are people outside my immediate family who I would kill/die for. They are few and far between. Interestingly enough none of them are people who can do anything financial or career related for me. There are a ton of people who could do those things for me who I wouldn't even stop to try and pull out of a burning car.

I guess Karma is a motherfucker...if you believe in that sort of thing...

Yes it is, and yes I do.

Or if you're a Democrat make your next door neighbor pay for your mistakes and then tell him he's cruel and heartless if he argues.

Only if their rich. If you're going to stereotype at least get it right!

Hey Gnat, pest, whatever you go by.. It's they're as in they are.. DUMMY.

Thank you, grammar Nazi.

While we're correcting things...you may notice, my name isn't capitalized. You might want to pay attention to things like that when you go to correct other peoples mistakes.

I'm half drunk...what's your excuse? ;)

The greatest generation were proud to pay their taxes, thankful for their GOOD FORTUNE, and for living in the USA. After 30 years of divide and conquer Raygunist BS, we've never had stupider, more arrogant, selfish, hateful MORONS. Just as I said in '80, a disaster- just didn't didn't see the end of the Fairness Doctrine and the catastrophe of demagogues Rush, Fox, Savage, etc. Thank god for Obama and the Dems- the world is aghast...

Only if their rich. If you're going to stereotype at least get it right!

Hey Gnat, pest, whatever you go by.. It's they're as in they are.. DUMMY.

Thank you, grammar Nazi.

While we're correcting things...you may notice, my name isn't capitalized. You might want to pay attention to things like that when you go to correct other peoples mistakes.

I'm half drunk...what's your excuse? ;)

Names are capitalized.. oh that's right, you're one of the liberal mindnumb sheep who can't shit without permission from DingleBarry much less spell or understand basic grammar. Too bad dumbass.. Glad you admit to being a drunk.. no wonder you love liberals.. LMAO

Names are capitalized.. oh that's right, you're one of the liberal mindnumb sheep who can't shit without permission from DingleBarry much less spell or understand basic grammar. Too bad dumbass.. Glad you admit to being a drunk.. no wonder you love liberals.. LMAO

I didn't say that I was "a drunk" only that I'm half drunk. It seems that you're lacking in reading comprehension.

"gnatman" isn't a proper name, it's a nickname, and as such the rules of grammar do not necessarily apply to it.

You also may or may not be interested to know that I'm not affiliated with any party. I despise them all equally (although I do seem to have a particular hatred of those "know-it-all I'm-right-you're-wrong" Republicans/Conservatives).

You see, this party business that everyone is so hung up on is a huge part of the problem. Most people can't seem to see past who's on what side and that's all that matters to them. It looks like you might fit nicely into that category.

While I would love to carry on slinging personal insults back and forth with you, I really have to get some sleep...I have to get up at 4:30am and I've been awake since about 6:00pm yesterday. Perhaps we can continue tomorrow afternoon.

Forum List

Back