Whites Swim in Racial Preference

Someone really needs to explain to me or my son how we have personally benfitted from slavery.

Look around you.

SEe America?

Blacks built much of it and weren't paid for their labors basically for 400 years.

Worse they weren't allowed to participate in much of the bounty that they helped create...not even in MY lifetime.

Nuf said?

Your claim is that these uneducated, poorly treated slaves had training in skilled labor? Slaves worked on farms where they tended crops, they didnt build stuff. Skilled labor like carpentry and masonry work was done by white people, and certainly all of our finacial institutions thrived without a single black person being invovled in them. I might also point out that nothing a slave ever made still exists today anyway (or if there is something, its in a museum), so looking around for evidence of the hard work of slavery isnt exactly a good way of spending ones time.

Isnt it kind of silly to think that slaves played a large role in the successes of an entire nation? What... were all the white people on break for 400 years? Didnt they contribute anything? Bringing up how this country was built isnt going to win any points for black people, if anything, its only going to reinforce the beliefs some whites have of being the master race, because there is no denying that white people, by and large, built this country, though it had nothing to do with skin color. Thats not to say that black people counldnt have helped build our nation if they had been allowed to, but that isnt what happened. They were slaves afterall, so they could only do what they were forced to do.

Of course none of that matters, because our country didnt start growing into what it is today, until the early 1900s, at which point people from all over the world immigrated here and made it into what it is today, and at that point black people DID contribute to our growth to some extent, though obviously not in politics until after the 60s.

Last edited:
I'll never understand the justification for affirmative action.

Blacks are not on an equal playing field than whites, ok fine do we need government to fix this?

Alas according to them we do and to fix it we apparently need racist policies (don't kid yourself in saying that a policy that prefers one race to the exclusion of others isn't racist)?

Does anyone not see something seriously wrong with that?

It seems to me another example of "the end justifies evil means" which of course is almost always complete garbage.

Blacks are not on an equal playing field than whites, ok fine do we need government to fix this?

Alas according to them we do and to fix it we apparently need racist policies (don't kid yourself in saying that a policy that prefers one race to the exclusion of others isn't racist)?

It seems to me another example of "the end justifies evil means" which of course is almost always complete garbage.

So whites get to create a system that has benefited them for over 300 years and excluded blacks now its unresonable to try to fix the problem?

So whites get to create a system that has benefited them for over 300 years and excluded blacks now its unresonable to try to fix the problem?

It’s only a problem if you are black but I thought to exclude black people because of their color is illegal. This is probably as good as it gets. Trying to end racism is something the courts and laws can’t fix. This world is messed up but if we must fix it get in line the Indians are ahead of you.

Last edited:

It’s only a problem if you are black but I thought to exclude black people because of their color is illegal. This is probably as good as it gets. Trying to end racism is something the courts and laws can’t fix. This world is messed up but if we must fix it get in line the Indians are ahead of you.

Basically what you are saying is that yes, whites, created a racist system that benefits mostly the wealthy and powerful amongst them and yes it was wrong for nonwhites to be excluded from this but affirmative isn't the answer because its wrong, eventhough racial preferences still exists for whites. What is your solution to racial disparity problem then? Let things continue as status quo and avoid talking about race problems and or pretend it doesn't exist in the hope that maybe it will go away?

I read the original post and skimmed through most of the thread, but that is all I need to say it's utter horseshit. You soak in all of Al Sharpton's speeches or something?

Get the fuck over it and quit fucking crying because some people continue to act like pieces of shit and refuse to move anywhere within the world. Not my fault that various communities can't figure out how to get it together and move forward. You're hurting yourselves, that's it. It's not fault people may think bad of any one group, when most of the popular ones tend to be fuckups.

As for blacks not making as much, perhaps they work shittier jobs because they decide to become utter failures in their respective neighborhoods?

This isn't the fucking South in 1924 for Christ's sakes, nor is it the South in 1820 either, tell me how I, being white, benefited from being white? Last I checked, I sure could have used some of those handouts you're crying over. And I am sure some of my distant ancestors might have died for the Union in the Civil War, where's my handout for that?

I read the original post and skimmed through most of the thread, but that is all I need to say it's utter horseshit. You soak in all of Al Sharpton's speeches or something?

Get the fuck over it and quit fucking crying because some people continue to act like pieces of shit and refuse to move anywhere within the world. Not my fault that various communities can't figure out how to get it together and move forward. You're hurting yourselves, that's it. It's not fault people may think bad of any one group, when most of the popular ones tend to be fuckups.

As for blacks not making as much, perhaps they work shittier jobs because they decide to become utter failures in their respective neighborhoods?

This isn't the fucking South in 1924 for Christ's sakes, nor is it the South in 1820 either, tell me how I, being white, benefited from being white? Last I checked, I sure could have used some of those handouts you're crying over. And I am sure some of my distant ancestors might have died for the Union in the Civil War, where's my handout for that?

Whites rig the system to enrich themselves without actually having to work hard for anything in the beginning, create a system to ensure they keep it for themselves to the exclusion of every other race and that is ok, but asking and demanding for an equal playing field is BS?

You want your handout? Get it from the greedy white minority in the country that owns the majority of the wealth in the country and tricks stupid whites like you into believing that whiny Negroes are the problem, not "superior" whites like yourself.

Someone really needs to explain to me or my son how we have personally benfitted from slavery.

Pick up any number of history books...

As for Afirmative Action, it is an imperfect way to combat entrenched racism... which using the 'ends justify the means' argument would eliminate the power of one group by forcing the power structure to be made of of more groups... so even if people stay racist, they can do less damage culturally.

Whites rig the system to enrich themselves without actually having to work hard for anything in the beginning, create a system to ensure they keep it for themselves to the exclusion of every other race and that is ok, but asking and demanding for an equal playing field is BS?

You want your handout? Get it from the greedy white minority in the country that owns the majority of the wealth in the country and tricks stupid whites like you into believing that whiny Negroes are the problem, not "superior" whites like yourself.

The bass is back. Afro maintenance appears to take up a lot of time.

While I am onboard when many of you insist that being White has brought you damned all in benefits, I am also on board with those of you who submit that being Black still carries an enormous disadvantage.

This rushing to one extreme (ly racist) position or the other makes a number of you look like you're damned fools, in my never even remotely humble opinion.

The bass is back. Afro maintenance appears to take up a lot of time.

The Afro has been cut down a little and the Bass now has Mrs Bass on his side.

Without affirmative action policies-which I agree are racist--just as segregation was a racist policy-we wouldn't have changed in our country. We needed civil rights legislation.

The question now, is do affirmative action policies continue to be relevant? Should we change them?

And what will it take to end racism once and for all?

Last edited:
While I am onboard when many of you insist that being White has brought you damned all in benefits, I am also on board with those of you who submit that being Black still carries an enormous disadvantage.

This rushing to one extreme (ly racist) position or the other makes a number of you look like you're damned fools, in my never even remotely humble opinion.

The Bass isn't one to take an extreme position, the position that people tend to stay in denial about is the one the Bass likes to focus on.

Forum List

Back