Whites now evenly divided about SSM. Blacks?

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
The "civil rights" brotherhood just ain't there. Not even close.

Gay Marriage Gains More Acceptance - Pew Research Center

1755-5.png

By contrast, blacks continue to oppose same-sex marriage by a wide margin. In 2010, just 30% of non-Hispanic blacks favor gay marriage while 59% are opposed. From 2008 to 2009, 28% of blacks favored same-sex marriage and 62% were opposed (surveys were combined to increase sample size). Notably, the gender, age and education differences among the general public are mirrored among whites and blacks; however, there is far less support among all subgroups of blacks

The "civil rights" brotherhood just ain't there. Not even close.

Gay Marriage Gains More Acceptance - Pew Research Center

1755-5.png

By contrast, blacks continue to oppose same-sex marriage by a wide margin. In 2010, just 30% of non-Hispanic blacks favor gay marriage while 59% are opposed. From 2008 to 2009, 28% of blacks favored same-sex marriage and 62% were opposed (surveys were combined to increase sample size). Notably, the gender, age and education differences among the general public are mirrored among whites and blacks; however, there is far less support among all subgroups of blacks

Liberals and supporters of liberal policies are held to lower standards.

If they didn't have lower standards then they would have none
:eusa_shhh:

I'm all for same sex marriage. I like it as a means to prevent abortions.

Hmmm, looks to me to be more of a age thing than a race thing. Look at that overwhelming majority support for gay marriage by the under 30 generation. Same sex marriage is inevitable kiddos. Better start accepting it now.

it is mostly an age thing. but the boy troll o/p wouldn't understand that.

it also is about the fact that blacks are church going people and would be a natural constituency for repubs if repubs didn't keep voting down social programs and pursuing their little southern strategy.

stupid, huh?

same as they're driving away hispanics.

Hmmm, looks to me to be more of a age thing than a race thing. Look at that overwhelming majority support for gay marriage by the under 30 generation. Same sex marriage is inevitable kiddos. Better start accepting it now.

it also is about the fact that blacks are church going people and would be a natural constituency for repubs if repubs didn't keep voting down social programs and pursuing their little southern strategy.

stupid, huh?

So, Why do blacks hate gays?

Why doesn't the left address this with them?

stupid, huh?

What 'social programs'? OH, like the 'Dream Act'? The Dream act would have gave the Illegals (criminals) a crutch to stay in OUR country. They are here ILLEGALLY wich makes them CRIMINALS!! The republicans know this, too bad most of everyone else don't. Republicans are NOT against hispanics in any way, they are against anyone who is here as a criminal. If they want to 'change' a government why don't they go back to their own country and 'demand' a change there?

And as to the gay marrage, I am against gayness period. However, what people do that don't hurt anyone else is none of my busness and should not be the government's busness either. I don't think there should be a national ban. It is no ones busness what they do in private. And I think anyone should be able to say who gets the 'benifits' of what marrage gives a person's spouce. If that means they get married to that person then so be it. This is the main point of 'gay marrage'. They want to give the person what a marrage will give them legally and I think they should be able to do so.

For those of us old enough to remember when Gay people didn't even exist in media or for that matter in the world of the commonplace, reality changes slowly but it changes. Consider attitudes towards gays just a few years ago under Reagan and aids. Life is constructed in the head and the head gets its information from other heads, slowly heads change and what seemed odd seems normal and what seems wrong seems fine.

In the mid fifties, "generosity was voted the most conspicuous American characteristic, followed by friendliness, understanding, piety, love of freedom, and progressivism. The American faults listed were petty: shallowness, egotism, extravagance, preoccupation with money, and selfishness." William Manchester in "The Glory and the Dream" quoting George Gallup's Institute of public opinion.

stupid, huh?

Why do blacks hate gays?, because homosexuality is just another white perversion
that is in predominately white areas. And homosexuality is a dead end lifstyle, that
produces no children. Most blacks are raised in the church, that promotes a normal family
structure. A Man and a Woman, then you produce a child.
Homosexuality is considered evil,and against gods will, a sin, an aberation of nature, Satanic.
Blacks in America needs no parts of this white liberal agenda.

stupid, huh?

Why do blacks hate gays?, because homosexuality is just another white perversion
that is in predominately white areas. And homosexuality is a dead end lifstyle, that
produces no children. Most blacks are raised in the church, that promotes a normal family
structure. A Man and a Woman, then you produce a child.
Homosexuality is considered evil,and against gods will, a sin, an aberation of nature, Satanic.
Blacks in America needs no parts of this white liberal agenda.
If you wanna' blame white people for homosexuality that's fine. But I also want credit for Basketball, Blues and Jazz. You can keep the Rap.

stupid, huh?

Progressives continue to demonstrate that they think manipulation is better than freedom for some people.

that is in predominately white areas.
And homosexuality is a dead end lifstyle, that
produces no children. Most blacks are raised in the church, that promotes a normal family structure. A Man and a Woman, then you produce a child.
Homosexuality is considered evil,and against gods will, a sin, an aberation of nature, Satanic.Blacks in America needs no parts of this white liberal agenda.

I can name plenty of 'Gay Blacks'...

Kevin Aviance
Lee Daniels
Billie Holiday
Darryl Stephens
James Baldwin
Bessie Smith
Angela Davis
Josephine Baker
Alice Walker
Audre Lorde
RuPaul (Rupaul Andre Charles)
Johny Mathis
Paris Barclay
Maurice Jamal
Sheryl Swoopes

I can list a lot more if you'd like. ;)

Most 'Whites' are raised in a church family that promotes a normal family structure also. Being raised in a church family gives no weight in this matter. Many are raised in a church family but do not live as though they have.

Yes, those who stick to their beliefs do see gays as evil and against God's law. However, it is not only 'Blacks' that see it as such.

'White liberal agenda'? LOL, gayness is NOT a 'white liberal agenda'. In fact, most 'liberals' I know are Black and they think gayness is a right, same as some 'Rebublicans'. I don't think ganyess is an agenda for just one side. Both sides have many who believe people have a right to marry whomever they want for some reason or another.

Also, gayness has been around for a long time, longer than most believe. It is only recently that is has become an open statement for some.

stupid, huh?

The problem with this logic is that Republicans are "driving away" blacks and Hispanics by sticking to their principles, i.e., voting down welfare. If Republicans support welfare, go soft on crime and hand out citizenship to invaders, they've really just become "Democrats". Not that there aren't Republicans out there who think this should be done, but hopefully they don't have that much sway.

By contrast, has anyone ever noticed that whenever Democrats suggest ways to woo whites, they're accused of being hatemongers? Isn't that funny? "Reaching out" to blacks, i.e. pandering, is a good thing. Reaching out to whites is a bad thing. Who set it up like that, anyway?

For all the mamby pamby bullshit about "diversity", the truth is still that winning means winning the white vote.

Most blacks are raised in the church, that promotes a normal family structure.

8 children by 6 six different "baby daddies", several of whom cannot be named by the "baby momma", who is 23, unemployed, has a criminal record and lives on welfare is a "normal family structure"?

stupid, huh?

Why don't you suppose it could be an "education thing?"

It appears to me that the least likely person to support Queer Marriage would:

1. Have, at most, High School Education
2. Be 65+ years old
3. Black
4. Southern

The fact is that very few blacks over the age of 65 have more than a highschool education, and that the Southern USA has the highest population of blacks. It is clear that it is not "mostly an age thing," however much liberals would like to dismiss it as such.

But, IMHO the common denominator between the groups that oppose Queer Marriage is not having more pigment in one's skin.

I believe it is education.

Higher Education promotes, and correctly so, looking at the world at many different angles, including the Queer Angle.

produces no children. Most blacks are raised in the church, that promotes a normal family structure. A Man and a Woman, then you produce a child.
Homosexuality is considered evil,and against gods will, a sin, an aberation of nature, Satanic.Blacks in America needs no parts of this white liberal agenda.

I can name plenty of 'Gay Blacks'...

Kevin Aviance
Lee Daniels
Billie Holiday
Darryl Stephens
James Baldwin
Bessie Smith
Angela Davis
Josephine Baker
Alice Walker
Audre Lorde
RuPaul (Rupaul Andre Charles)
Johny Mathis
Paris Barclay
Maurice Jamal
Sheryl Swoopes

I can list a lot more if you'd like. ;)

Most 'Whites' are raised in a church family that promotes a normal family structure also. Being raised in a church family gives no weight in this matter. Many are raised in a church family but do not live as though they have.

Yes, those who stick to their beliefs do see gays as evil and against God's law. However, it is not only 'Blacks' that see it as such.

'White liberal agenda'? LOL, gayness is NOT a 'white liberal agenda'. In fact, most 'liberals' I know are Black and they think gayness is a right, same as some 'Rebublicans'. I don't think ganyess is an agenda for just one side. Both sides have many who believe people have a right to marry whomever they want for some reason or another.

Also, gayness has been around for a long time, longer than most believe. It is only recently that is has become an open statement for some.

while the parents are in church,the priest is in back boning their young children,that is white people.

stupid, huh?

Because they feel that Negroes are Special People.

Subtle racism of lowered expectations and all.

stupid, huh?

I'm not sure I'm following your train of thought.

Are you saying that Blacks oppose same sex marriage because Whites are racists?

Forum List

Back