Zone1 White Supremacy is Colorblind

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
White supremacy is a belief that whites are superior to everyone else. That if you are not white, you don't count. You don't have to be white to believe that. Examples of this are Vivek Ramaswamy, Dinesh D'Souza, Candace Owens, Larry Elder, Brandon Tatum, Carol Swain, and Enrique Tarrio.

White supremacy is the root of all race-related violence in the US
Amid the disturbing rise in attacks on Asian Americans since March 2020 is a troubling category of these assaults: Black people are also attacking Asian Americans.

White people are the main perpetrators of anti-Asian racism. But in February 2021, a Black person pushed an elderly Asian man to the ground in San Francisco; the man later died from his injuries. In another video, from New York City on March 29, 2021, a Black person pushes and beats an Asian American woman on the sidewalk in front of a doorway while onlookers observe the attack, then close their door on the woman without intervening or providing aid.

As the current president of the Association for Asian American Studies and as an ethnic studies and critical race studies professor who specializes in Asian American culture, I wanted to address the climate of anti-Asian racism I was seeing at the start of the pandemic. So in April 2020, I created a PowerPoint slide deck about anti-Asian racism that my employer, the University of Colorado Boulder, turned into a website. That led to approximately 50 interviews, workshops, talks and panel presentations that I’ve done on anti-Asian racism, specifically in the time of COVID-19.

The point I’ve made through all of those experiences is that anti-Asian racism has the same source as anti-Black racism: white supremacy. So when a Black person attacks an Asian person, the encounter is fueled perhaps by racism, but very specifically by white supremacy. White supremacy does not require a white person to perpetuate it.

It’s not just white people​

White supremacy is an ideology, a pattern of values and beliefs that are ingrained in nearly every system and institution in the U.S. It is a belief that to be white is to be human and invested with inalienable universal rights and that to be not-white means you are less than human – a disposable object for others to abuse and misuse.

White supremacy is a belief that whites are superior to everyone else. That if you are not white, you don't count. You don't have to be white to believe that. Examples of this are Vivek Ramaswamy, Dinesh D'Souza, Candace Owens, Larry Elder, Brandon Tatum, Carol Swain, and Enrique Tarrio.

Amid the disturbing rise in attacks on Asian Americans since March 2020 is a troubling category of these assaults: Black people are also attacking Asian Americans.

White people are the main perpetrators of anti-Asian racism. But in February 2021, a Black person pushed an elderly Asian man to the ground in San Francisco; the man later died from his injuries. In another video, from New York City on March 29, 2021, a Black person pushes and beats an Asian American woman on the sidewalk in front of a doorway while onlookers observe the attack, then close their door on the woman without intervening or providing aid.

As the current president of the Association for Asian American Studies and as an ethnic studies and critical race studies professor who specializes in Asian American culture, I wanted to address the climate of anti-Asian racism I was seeing at the start of the pandemic. So in April 2020, I created a PowerPoint slide deck about anti-Asian racism that my employer, the University of Colorado Boulder, turned into a website. That led to approximately 50 interviews, workshops, talks and panel presentations that I’ve done on anti-Asian racism, specifically in the time of COVID-19.

The point I’ve made through all of those experiences is that anti-Asian racism has the same source as anti-Black racism: white supremacy. So when a Black person attacks an Asian person, the encounter is fueled perhaps by racism, but very specifically by white supremacy. White supremacy does not require a white person to perpetuate it.

White supremacy is an ideology, a pattern of values and beliefs that are ingrained in nearly every system and institution in the U.S. It is a belief that to be white is to be human and invested with inalienable universal rights and that to be not-white means you are less than human – a disposable object for others to abuse and misuse.

Wow, that was one of the dumbest things I’ve read in a long time.

The article cites Anti-Asian hate incidents, and admits they are are blacks thugs attacking Asians…but this is somehow the fault of “white supremacists“. Talk about being incapable of holding people, black thugs in this case, accountable for their own actions.

Hey jackass, we whites don’t believe we are “superior” to all other races, we aren’t Jews. If you want to see true racists, study up on the Talmud that current day Fake Jews believe in. It’s a religion that teaches all other races are sub human.

White European culture is one of the best in the world, we have civilized the world with Western ideas and technology, which people like you love the benefits, but still hate the people that gave you those benefits.

Asian culture is very respectable as well. Most Asian societies are very civilized and their people are intelligent, polite, and respectful.

Arab culture used to be respectful as well, but Islam has ruined it.

I have a lot of respect for African culture as well. That is real, tribal culture that is truly African. Not their imitation of Western cultures. Africans should stay true to their culture rather than trying to be like other cultures.

You got that right.

White supremacy is at the root of the few white supremacists who commit race violence.

All the rest of the race related violence is caused by blacks who use the myth of white supremacy as their excuse to commit racially motivated hate crimes against whites.

And you can tell who they are:

Anyone calling for reparations is either an advocate for racial hate crimes against whites or one of those actually committing them.

Some of the worst white supremacists are black and brown people.

When black and brown people do white supremacy, is that cultural appropriation? POC, white culture is not a your costume.

The number of whites who believe whites are genetically superior to all others is very small and rejected by most whites

OTOH, white culture has been a blessing to the world and deserves to be preserved and emulated

Take a science course, your premise is Middle Ages

The Myth of Race
The Troubling Persistence of an Unscientific Idea
Robert Wald Sussman
Biological races do not exist—and never have. This view is shared by all scientists who study variation in human populations. Yet racial prejudice and intolerance based on the myth of race remain deeply ingrained in Western society. In his powerful examination of a persistent, false, and poisonous idea

“The idea of race, writes the author, is a cultural rather than biological reality. Tribes always believed that strangers were subhuman, but they could overcome their inferiority by joining the tribe—e.g., converting to Christianity or adopting Roman citizenship… Today, since racism is politically incorrect, Sussman maintains, supporters have migrated en masse to the anti-immigration movement… Sussman delivers a lucidly written, eye-opening account of a nasty sociological battle that the good guys have been winning for a century without eliminating a very persistent enemy.”—Kirkus Reviews

“Not only is this book a significant contribution to the view of race and racism in traditional ‘four-field’ anthropology in the U.S., but it is also important to the understanding of global notions of contemporary racism… The Myth of Race encourages us to understand where stereotypes and misinformation fit in our consideration of whether and how notions of biological race remain pervasive in today’s discourse and policy.”—Yolanda T. Moses, Times Higher Education

Take a science course, your premise is Middle Ages

The Myth of Race
The Troubling Persistence of an Unscientific Idea
Robert Wald Sussman
Biological races do not exist—and never have. This view is shared by all scientists who study variation in human populations. Yet racial prejudice and intolerance based on the myth of race remain deeply ingrained in Western society. In his powerful examination of a persistent, false, and poisonous idea

“The idea of race, writes the author, is a cultural rather than biological reality. Tribes always believed that strangers were subhuman, but they could overcome their inferiority by joining the tribe—e.g., converting to Christianity or adopting Roman citizenship… Today, since racism is politically incorrect, Sussman maintains, supporters have migrated en masse to the anti-immigration movement… Sussman delivers a lucidly written, eye-opening account of a nasty sociological battle that the good guys have been winning for a century without eliminating a very persistent enemy.”—Kirkus Reviews

“Not only is this book a significant contribution to the view of race and racism in traditional ‘four-field’ anthropology in the U.S., but it is also important to the understanding of global notions of contemporary racism… The Myth of Race encourages us to understand where stereotypes and misinformation fit in our consideration of whether and how notions of biological race remain pervasive in today’s discourse and policy.”—Yolanda T. Moses, Times Higher Education
Wrong. Blacks have always known race did not exist. But denying that white racism has impacted American culture is another gaslighting tactic used by racists. To change things, the root cause must be known and addressed

Wrong. Blacks have always known race did not exist.
Right, it’s a subjective reality. If you identify as “black” then you are black. Rachel Dolezal is just as black as Rudy Ray Moore. I’m actually race-fluid, which means my race changes with how I feel. I’ve caught myself being racist towards my other-race self before. It was awkward.

Forum List

Back