White people adopting black children

they want a baby that will be an integral part of their family. These are people who wanted their own kids, for the most part, and couldn't have them. They aren't doing it for the good of the world, they're doing it to extend their own family, and from that perspective, the younger a child is, the better he or she will fit in.

Plus they want to experience infancy of a child.

It is their perogative, and it's perfectly natural. Not everyone wants to deal with older kids who have issues of loss, anger, developmental delays, behavior issues...and who may still need and want to maintain contact with family members.

they want a baby that will be an integral part of their family. These are people who wanted their own kids, for the most part, and couldn't have them. They aren't doing it for the good of the world, they're doing it to extend their own family, and from that perspective, the younger a child is, the better he or she will fit in.

It is their perogative, and it's perfectly natural. Not everyone wants to deal with older kids who have issues of loss, anger, developmental delays, behavior issues...and who may still need and want to maintain contact with family members.

I can see that, but I would also think that raising a child of a different race will give the child identity issues. And how does that baby "fit in" to the family?

Last edited:

I can see that, but I would also think that raising a child of a different race will give the child identity issues. And how does that baby "fit in" to the family?

easy young children adapt and are color blind to the people that love them and care for them. It is a good experience for the child when they grow up and go out into the world that is full of people from differant races.

A black baby would fit into the white family unit fine as long as you named it an appropriate name like Jeeves or Rotchester. That way there will be no argument later on about where they fit in. NOW GET ME MY SLIPPERS ROTCHESTER!

easy young children adapt and are color blind to the people that love them and care for them. It is a good experience for the child when they grow up and go out into the world that is full of people from differant races.

The rest of the world would see the difference. A 4 year old may not see or even know what the stereotype of certain races, he and his classmates will surely see and point out the differences in his race in comparison to his mother or father.

The rest of the world would see the difference. A 4 year old may not see or even know what the stereotype of certain races, he and his classmates will surely see and point out the differences in his race in comparison to his mother or father.

If we didn't do other things for that reason, well we would never do anything.
If they don't make fun of kid for that, they will for something else.

And no matter the race of the child, they will go through a time where they feel they don't fit in, especially if adopted. It is called puberty.:razz:

Lol. I was going to say, all kids go through identity crisises...sometimes multiple ones.

Ok, I given my views on adopting outside of your race; it's fine by me.

The only problem with this debate is still the MAIN problem of all discussions concerning the black community. ..

Many of you still believe that all black people are the same; they're not!

When it comes to the media's coverage of black people, had you noticed that it always comes from the projects? When was the last time you saw a story on the news about black farmers, CEOs, suburbanites and other affluent black communities? They're out there, but the bottom line is that stories of successful Black Americans, other than Obama and Oprah, just doesn't sell ratings.

Now stories about black kids being shot on the streets, black athletes getting into trouble and Maury? Well, the media can't get enough of that. Sure it's great news to hear that Oprah is retiring from TV, but Tiger Woods' infidelity is better!

A lot of our negative perceptions about black people mostly come from watching TV and that's sad.

I live in the country; here, there are no stories of black adults abandoning their children, selling and/or taking drugs, etc. Maybe it's because the black people who live here are different from the black people you know, or you claim to know.

In order to bring logic to this discussion, you must first understand that black people, in general, are not the same.

A black person in the projects is not the same as a black CEO, the CEO is not the same as the farmer and all black people in America are not the same as the ones in Haiti, Africa or any other predominately black region.

Each branch of this ethnic group has different styles and traditions. Let's try breaking the community down to their perspective groups first before we resume this discussion.

Food for thought.

Last edited:
Sorry, news isn't people living quiet lives. The news that gets covered is crime.

If you just want good publicity, hire a publicist.

Other than that, I'm not sure exactly what your tirade has to do with multi-racial families.

Everytime I look at the news I see white people adopting black or asian children. I would like to know why the sudden intrest in black children are they some kind of trophy. There are children in other countries that are elligible for adoption so I don't understand why black children.::confused:
Maybe it is because those children need good homes regardless, even if the adoptive parents are white. Children do not see black, yellow or white skin when they are fed, clothed and loved.

They learn how to see other colors or think they are better than other colors on message boards.

Sorry, news isn't people living quiet lives. The news that gets covered is crime.

If you just want good publicity, hire a publicist.

Other than that, I'm not sure exactly what your tirade has to do with multi-racial families.

The creator of this thread is clearly disturbed by the thought of a black child being adopted by a white family. I assume that he believes that in doing so, that the child will face discrimination from the black community.

Q: Which black community is he talking about? My guess suggests the inner city black community; where the be all and end all of your existence is to act "black", whatever that suppose to be.

Surely he's not talking about black suburbanites, major business owners, farmers, doctors, lawyers and politicians; for their children are far away from that mess.

This was not a tirade, it's just an observation.

Food for thought

The OP was speaking more on actual Africans, rather than blacks.

The Op has an edit button like everyone else. Why didn't he/she use it to refer to the blacks as Africans?

This thread was designed specifically paint the issue with a broad stroke.

In using the word black, without being specific, he'd basically threw the entire ethnic group into the discussion, which pretty much summarize my point.

There are black american children and teens being adopted or taken in by white families; There's a pretty good movie about one such case; still in the theaters if you're interested.

What makes their cases any different than that of the african adoptees?

Your floor...

The OP was speaking more on actual Africans, rather than blacks.

The Op has an edit button like everyone else. Why didn't he/she use it to refer to the blacks as Africans?

This thread was designed specifically paint the issue with a broad stroke.

In using the word black, without being specific, he'd basically threw the entire ethnic group into the discussion, which pretty much summarize my point.

There are black american children and teens being adopted or taken in by white families; There's a pretty good movie about one such case; still in the theaters if you're interested.

What makes their cases any different than that of the african adoptees?

Your floor...

For me personally I would prefer that people adopt children from here as oppose to a different country irregardless of color.

Or maybe, now after re-reading it, I could be imposing my view on what I think black means.

Everytime I look at the news I see white people adopting black or asian children. I would like to know why the sudden intrest in black children are they some kind of trophy. There are children in other countries that are elligible for adoption so I don't understand why black children.::confused:

I don't think it's because they're black or Asian. I think it's because they're from impoverished nations with much more lax adoption laws than the US has.

Maybe it is because those children need good homes regardless, even if the adoptive parents are white. Children do not see black, yellow or white skin when they are fed, clothed and loved.

And if you raise them right, they don't see those things as adults, either.

So these people adopting children should go to other countries and only adopt white children? And they shouldn't adopt Black or Asian children from the USA?

I am POSITIVE the reason they adopt children of other races is so they can hold them up like trophies. I'm POSITIVE it's not because they want to offer these children a home with loving parents, right?

I have a great new pair of black boots and bag, think I should get one of these black babies to match or would that be toooo tacky?
Be careful, some on these boards may take you serious.

I prefer adopting puppies that are more likely to match my fuzzy boots and I'm really serious.

Well, thanks for sharing, Cruella de Vil. ;) :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back