White Kids Born Racist

So what's "racist"?

This?

Katz found that babies will stare significantly longer at photographs of faces that are a different race from their parents, indicating they find the face out of the ordinary. Race itself has no ethnic meaning per se—but children's brains are noticing skin-color differences and trying to understand their meaning.

The point Katz emphasizes is that this period of our children's lives, when we imagine it's most important to not talk about race, is the very developmental period when children's minds are forming their first conclusions about race.

Prior research had shown that multicultural curricula in schools have far less impact than we intend them to—largely because the implicit message "We're all friends" is too vague for young children to understand that it refers to skin color.

In our new book, NurtureShock, we argue that many modern strategies for nurturing children are backfiring—because key twists in the science have been overlooked. Small corrections in our thinking today could alter the character of society long term, one future citizen at a time. The way white families introduce the concept of race to their children is a prime example.

For decades, it was assumed that children see race only when society points it out to them. However, child-development researchers have increasingly begun to question that presumption. They argue that children see racial differences as much as they see the difference between pink and blue—but we tell kids that "pink" means for girls and "blue" is for boys. "White" and "black" are mysteries we leave them to figure out on their own.

They believed they were smarter than the other color. "The Reds never showed hatred for Blues," Bigler observed. "It was more like, 'Blues are fine, but not as good as us.' " When Reds were asked how many Reds were nice, they'd answer, "All of us." Asked how many Blues were nice, they'd answer, "Some." Some of the Blues were mean, and some were dumb—but not the Reds.

I'm feeling to see where the racism is?

...children 5 to 7 years old tended to consider blacks but not whites to be "mean."

What a ridiculous statement! Quick, somebody get me crime statistics by race. We'll see if there's any truth to this...

The article showed that it wasn't hatred, it was just preferring their own team. Very similar to being a fan of a sports team. I don't hate Yankees fans as a whole, but there are some who are complete douchebags. :lol:

Since when did hatred become a requirement of racism? Is it not possible to think another race inferior without hating them?

Jesus Christ you people just continue to make the same ignorant ass mistake over and over.

NOTHING is completely learned behavior. And very little is completely non-learned.

Yes, racist attitudes are mostly the result of learned behavior. But to find it unfathomable that small children would identify more favorably with others like themselves is, in a word, FUCKING RETARDED.

It is not racism to identify with the familiar. Babies lack the capability to be racist. 5 and 7 year old kids are old enough to have learned or been taught racism. But just thinking someone is mean because they are black is not racism either.

Since when did hatred become a requirement of racism? Is it not possible to think another race inferior without hating them?

Racism is almost always born out of hatred and or ignorance. I don't think I've ever met anyone personally who believed whites were just greater than blacks or vice versa. I say personally because I've come across some here on USMB, and other political message boards who'd disagree with me. Also, I'm sure 4chan would. :lol:

Newsweek, with their patent liberal "holier than thou" approach decries racism. Then turns right around and exposes their OWN racism by condeming white children based only on the color of their skin, "It's horrifying to imagine kids being "proud to be white."

The hypocrisy is strong with this one. (Newsweek)

It's also born out of experience.

Perhaps but isn't that more so ignorance? Since you would be judging a group of people based on your experiences of only a few people from that race or group.

A perfect example would be hating Muslim people because of people like Sunni Man (if he is Muslim, he acts it anyway). Now Sunni Man is only one person out of an entire group of millions if not billions. It would be ignorant, even if based on out of my own personal experience to judge a group of people based off one person.

Jesus Christ you people just continue to make the same ignorant ass mistake over and over.

NOTHING is completely learned behavior. And very little is completely non-learned.

Yes, racist attitudes are mostly the result of learned behavior. But to find it unfathomable that small children would identify more favorably with others like themselves is, in a word, FUCKING RETARDED.

I am a proud liberal and must agree. Kids as will adults may instinctinvely be drawn towards those like themslves, however they will also quickly learn, very quickly learn, that color has nothing to do with anything, UNLESS they are taught otherwise

White Kids Born Racist

...children 5 to 7 years old tended to consider blacks but not whites to be "mean."

What a ridiculous statement! Quick, somebody get me crime statistics by race. We'll see if there's any truth to this...
Racial differences exist, with blacks disproportionately represented among homicide victims and offenders

race.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Homicide trends in the U.S.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trends by race[/FONT]

Racial differences exist, with blacks disproportionately represented among homicide victims and offenders

In 2005, homicide victimization rates for blacks were 6 times higher than the rates for whites.

To view data, click on the chart.
[D]
For more information about racial patterns in violent victimization
see Key Facts at a Glance.
In 2005, offending rates for blacks were more than 7 times higher than the rates for whites

To view data, click on the chart.
[D]

Although slightly less true now than before, most murders are intraracial

From 1976 to 2005 --

• 86% of white victims were killed by whites
  • 94% of black victims were killed by blacks

Bureau of Justice Statistics Race of Victim Trends #3

Most Dangerous Cities in America:
1) Detroit-81% black, 10% white
2) St. Louis-51% black, 42% white
3)Flint-53% black, 40% white
4)Oakland-35% black, 23% white
5)Camden-53% black, 7% white
6) Birmingham-73% black, 23% white
7)North Charleston-49% black, 43% white
8) Memphis-61% black, 33% white
9) Richmond, Ca.- 36% black, 21% white
10) Cleveland- 51% black, 38% white

Well, that backfired

Racism is taught it's not something you are born with. Those babies and kids that they had in that study probably had parents who held some racist traits which resulted in the kids having racial prejudices.

And seeing how that did the study in Texas, I'm not saying all people in Texas are racist. But Texas is not as progressive as other states. I'm sure if they did this study say in Atlanta the results would have been different.

This should actually be good news for William Joyce, Shittaro et al.

Now they can't be held responsible for their racist attitudes. They were born that way! :lol:

Are you speaking about me dick breath? Why is it that you could spell Williams screen name correctly and yet you misspell mine? You don't know me, you know nothing about me, you can't even comprehend what you read.

I have no doubt what so ever, that I interact with more people from more diverse racial backgrounds daily than you do in a year. I count on all of these people for my safety in an area that is one of the most dangerous on the planet, the ramp at a major international airport. I am a member of a very small minority of people with light colored skin that are employed there, I have no problem with that at all. If I actually felt that the people I work with were inferior in any way, I wouldn't trust my life and safety to them, but I do.

You assholes are so ridiculously easy to bait with a few written words, it's a joke and the people I work with would agree that you are pathetic in your attempts to be so very progressive(people like you are made fun of in their circles, I've heard them). My fellow workers, who I am very free with my political opinions, respect my honesty as I do theirs. We may not always agree but it doesn't change how we get along with each other. So fuck off clown, you are nothing but a closet racist yourself, that is why you are so quick to accuse others!

As for the silly assed generalizations about people from Texas or the Southern states of this country, you and all the rest of the bigots are mistaken, I have lived all over this country and there is no difference in how we coexist with each other except for the honesty we share with each other. That and we are friendlier and are much better cooks.

Racism is taught it's not something you are born with. Those babies and kids that they had in that study probably had parents who held some racist traits which resulted in the kids having racial prejudices.

And seeing how that did the study in Texas, I'm not saying all people in Texas are racist. But Texas is not as progressive as other states. I'm sure if they did this study say in Atlanta the results would have been different.

What an asinine comment, how many refugees from New Orleans did your state take in? What states would you consider "progressive"? How many did they open up their progressive arms to? Houston, alone, took in over 200,000, most have stayed. Atlanta........whatever.

What an asinine comment, how many refugees from New Orleans did your state take in? What states would you consider "progressive"? How many did they open up their progressive arms to? Houston, alone, took in over 200,000, most have stayed. Atlanta........whatever.

New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts are just a few examples of progressive states. Even southern sates like Florida and Georgia and Virginia are quite forward. I would consider my state (Pennsylvania) to be progressive if it wasn't for the folks in upstate PA.

Last edited:

relating to someone who looks like you is different from hating someone who doesn't.

In absolute terms maybe. But in relative terms, I don't see the difference.

You don't see the difference because it doesn't fit your bigoted ideas?

relating to someone who looks like you is different from hating someone who doesn't.

In absolute terms maybe. But in relative terms, I don't see the difference.

You don't see the difference because it doesn't fit your bigoted ideas?

Not true.

But I don't know you and until I'm convinced you're not just another douchebag sockpuppet, I haven't the slightest inclination to educate you.

Carry on

It's also born out of experience.

Perhaps but isn't that more so ignorance? Since you would be judging a group of people based on your experiences of only a few people from that race or group.
Let's look at the pet cause of so many (if not almost all) blacks. Especially their leaders like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Louis Farrakhan. Which pet cause? Slavery. Reparations. When blacks talk of slavery and how whites are guilty, they are judging and blaming an entire race for the actions of a small fraction of people almost 150 years ago. With reparations, blacks want to punish whites today for the actions of whites long dead that most whites are not related to.

How is this different?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back