White House Unreasonable On Budget Deal

Trump ist rying to run the executive branch like a business. What he doesn't understand is that Congress can go over and around him if 2/3rds of them vote against him. He doesn't have the last word... Congress does.

Not just Congress. The States and the Supreme Court as well. As it stands, look for the States to start talking about a Continental Congress if this continues. Yes, it hasn't happened since the 30s but it is a possibility unless Congress and POTUS start getting their act together.
You mean a {shudder} Constitutional Convention? Man o man I hope not. The entire Constitution could be changed. That would be a frightening prospect.

The vast majority of Americans are unaffected by a partial shut down. If you've been watching the news this morning, it looks less likely immigration will be included in the spending bill and members of the house are looking for a longer term bill.

I think in some ways everyone will be affected to some degree. If people don;'t get their social security checks and federal pension checks there could be far reaching consequences that go beyond the plight of beneficiaries.

What you don't understand is the president decides what essential services are during a shut down. He can spend every dime coming into the treasury to keep them going.

Um... The house holds the purse strings...They decide what comes in and out of the treasury. All the President can do is borrow from China or some other entity if the House refuses to fund anything...but I believe there is a congressional precedent that established minimal payments to keep essential services going...

You are half right. The Congress controls the purse strings, but doesn't micro-manage. Congress did separate essential and none essential, but the heads of each agency control who goes home.

The President can't borrow from China. Congress does that.
If Martial Law is ever declared the president can do just about any damn thing he pleases. He just has to have a very good reason for implementing ML.

Which would have to start with issuing a LEGAL order. Yes, it's been over 40 years since a precedence has been set. A What If was presented to the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

What you don't understand is the president decides what essential services are during a shut down. He can spend every dime coming into the treasury to keep them going.

Um... The house holds the purse strings...They decide what comes in and out of the treasury. All the President can do is borrow from China or some other entity if the House refuses to fund anything...but I believe there is a congressional precedent that established minimal payments to keep essential services going...

You really are clueless, borrowing is the one thing he can't do. LMAO

BTW social security is mandatory spending and is not in the budget.

Well, he can do what Reagan did and allow Latin Drug pushers to operate unmolested in our country to raise money for his Wall.

SS might be mandatory spending but the funds have are reported to be approaching a state of insolvency due to heavy borrowing. The Tax cuts decease critical revenues needed repay the debt owed to the SS funds to keep them afloat at current payout levels. I don't want to make this about social security. thats another topic for another thread.

What Reagan may or man not have done is also another topic, you got any other deflections ya want to bring up?

That's not a deflection, It's a tradition established by America's conservative hero.
You want me to be accurate in recollecting our history don't you? Trump wants to be as popular as Reagan was among the RW moralists so he might be sleazy enough to do what Reagan did.

Of course it's a deflection, it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread and the current budget deal.

Trump ist rying to run the executive branch like a business. What he doesn't understand is that Congress can go over and around him if 2/3rds of them vote against him. He doesn't have the last word... Congress does.

Not just Congress. The States and the Supreme Court as well. As it stands, look for the States to start talking about a Continental Congress if this continues. Yes, it hasn't happened since the 30s but it is a possibility unless Congress and POTUS start getting their act together.
You mean a {shudder} Constitutional Convention? Man o man I hope not. The entire Constitution could be changed. That would be a frightening prospect.

Yes, that is what I meant. The brain didn't quite engage. There are talks of one anyway dealing with term limits in congress. There is over 20 states that have already ruled on it. They need 34. The pieces of the puzzle are in place. And yes, it's meant to be scary, real scary. So while the power hungry are "Ruling" in Washington, a reminder is necessary.

I think in some ways everyone will be affected to some degree. If people don;'t get their social security checks and federal pension checks there could be far reaching consequences that go beyond the plight of beneficiaries.

You are half right. The Congress controls the purse strings, but doesn't micro-manage. Congress did separate essential and none essential, but the heads of each agency control who goes home.

If Martial Law is ever declared the president can do just about any damn thing he pleases. He just has to have a very good reason for implementing ML.

How do you know when a regressive is losing an argument?

Answer: When they shift the conversation to the absurd.

Nothing is off the table where Trump is concerned. He would orchestrate a reason to declare Martial Law in a heartbeat if it meant saving his ass from Mueller's investigation. Once that occurs he could then befree to do anything in the interest of national security to include borrow money. Thats the minor secondary point I was making in a broader discussion.... if you attach importance to that as central to the main argument be my guest.... It doesn't mean a thing.

Which would have to start with issuing a LEGAL order. Yes, it's been over 40 years since a precedence has been set. A What If was presented to the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

well.. Im waiting with baited breath... GO on tell us...I can't stand the suspense.

Yes, that is what I meant. The brain didn't quite engage. There are talks of one anyway dealing with term limits in congress. There is over 20 states that have already ruled on it. They need 34. The pieces of the puzzle are in place. And yes, it's meant to be scary, real scary. So while the power hungry are "Ruling" in Washington, a reminder is necessary.

There are already more than 600 requests form 49 States in the congressional record and congress hasn't called a convention yet. What makes you think another 30 or 40 requests will make a difference?

Nothing is off the table where Trump is concerned. He would orchestrate a reason to declare Martial Law in a heartbeat if it meant saving his ass from Mueller's investigation. Once that occurs he could then befree to do anything in the interest of national security to include borrow money. Thats the minor secondary point I was making in a broader discussion.... if you attach importance to that as central to the main argument be my guest.... It doesn't mean a thing.

So you try to justify the absurd with more absurdity? LMAO

I can't tell if JQ is serious.

Trump can't do anything without some judge declaring it "unconstitutional".

He doesn't need to do that.

He can just wait until the SOTU address and inform the country
that the empty seats are the folks who are pouting that they didn't
get their way by worrying more about illegal aliens than the American
people.

That will have a much greater impact.

What that would do, is Trump firmly holding on to his loyal base....and given that such a base hovers at the mid 30 percentile, that "win" is a hollow one.

That's what was said last November.

He won 30 states and he'll keep those states which will give him 55
Senate Seats, and continued control of the House.

LMAO, they won't have the votes.

We the people can bring considerable pressure on our Congressional hired help to do their jobs...especially using the 2020 elections as leverage. A government shut down will bring people out of the wood work, most who live from paycheck to paycheck. When those paychecks stop coming in and government services stop...
we will see who really runs this country.

The vast majority of Americans are unaffected by a partial shut down. If you've been watching the news this morning, it looks less likely immigration will be included in the spending bill and members of the house are looking for a longer term bill.

Those checks will always go out.

I can't tell if JQ is serious.

Trump can't do anything without some judge declaring it "unconstitutional".

Yeah, then the regressive judges get their asses kicked.

Raj Shah when appearing on the CNN Chris Cuomo show last night really gave the impression that the White House is being completely unreasonable about the Budget negotiations. Everyone knows that the Democrats have conditioned their necessary support for such a bill on getting a DACA deal. Mr. Shah statements on this issue indicated the President needs to have a long list of issues satisfactorily addressed for him to sign the budget bill. Mr. Shah's indications are the bill has to have things like an increase in the number of border patrol agents, a new removal system that expedites the deportation of foreigners illegally found to be in the U.S. besides the wall, stopping chain migration and cessation of the diversity lottery program. This is completely unreasonable, it is too extensive of a bill. The Democrats are only looking for legalization and a path to citizenship for childhood arrivals and the White house in return wants an agreement to a long wish list of major concessions for Democrats. What the White House is talking about is a comprehensive immigration reform bill and then from the Democrat standpoint you're talking about legalization for the eleven million illegal immigrants in America many that have been here for decades. The White House is guaranteeing a government shut down with talk like this!

Raj on this program concisely gave President Trump's position on the legal immigration issue when he said the President wants only a merit based system a system that only takes the best and the brightest. This is not virtuous. This is not what great Presidents, great citizens and great Republicans like President Ronald Reagan would advocate. Most American citizens ancestors who emigrated to America only offered manual labor but they were good people who made citizens with good character and help make America an example for the world. Many countries throughout the world because of their economic predicament don't have a very good education system and because of those facts their citizens who want to emigrate to America don't have skills but those people often have more valuable assets the character to work hard and the courage to build businesses and they bring those assets to America and end up making a significant positive impact in America. President Trump's course wants to ignore this reality to America's great detriment from both a country character standpoint and a country practical benefit standpoint, I'd venture to guess the vast majority of the American people don't want this course because they see this loss and hope it is not put into law!

So what you're saying is the commiecrats want to hold a whole nation of 320,000,000 citizens hostage to benefit 800,000 illegals, right? There's no reason DACA has to be included in the spending bill, they have till March to address it.

It's not DACA that Trump finds bad. It's the fact his Shopping List is not in the bill. And most of his shopping list is just terrible. It's not the Dems that are holding the nation hostage and it isn't even the Reps that are. It's Trump. What the hell else did you expect.

He told them going in what he expected, they brought him shit. There is no way the crap brought to that meeting would even make it through the house. You act like it's all up to the gang of six and the president, it's not.

I read his shopping list. Not going to happen for the most part. He already knew that. He lied just to embarrass congress. He never intended to agree to anything in the first place.
Like you know any thing about anyones intent, liar.

There are already more than 600 requests form 49 States in the congressional record and congress hasn't called a convention yet. What makes you think another 30 or 40 requests will make a difference?

I am curious as to where you got that information.

I am curious as to where you got that information.

Google Friends of Article 5. org I've posted this many times with links, don't have time right now.

You can start here.

Main Page

1.) No point in listening to an Islamic Reporter report on anything. They have a sworn promise when they become Muslim to wage Jihad against Infidels. All Muslims are Jihadists, therefore all Muslims lie to Infidels as it is their duty to do so.

2.) There is nothing more unreasonable than the Democrat Party holding Americans Hostage, and The Military Hostage over Illegal Immigrants and an Executive Order that should have been allowed to expire.

Based on Lefty's position on "Merit Based Immigration" all universities, medical schools, law schools etc. should dump Required Entrance Exams, and should not longer consider a student's GPA, school and community contributions nor their scores on SAT, MCAT, LSAT and ACT tests.

"Give Us Your Tired, Your Lazy Your Stupid, Your Illiterate Ignorant Masses Yearning for a Free Government Hand Out!"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back