White House Issues Embarrassing Apology To Charles Krauthammer For Churchill Gaffe...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
The Obama presidency is fond of issuing apologies for America on the world stage, but very rarely makes them at home to Americans. White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer has just issued one to Washington Post columnist and Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer, who last week wrote an op-ed berating the Obama administration for removing a bust of Sir Winston Churchill from the Oval Office when it came to power. Pfeiffer had issued a stinging attack on Krauthammer, alleging that his Churchill bust reference was “100 percent false.” Krauthammer was of course 100 percent correct, and the British Embassy in Washington even issued a statement contradicting Pfeifer’s remarks.

Here is the full text of Pfeiffer’s mea culpa, published on the White House blog in the form of an open letter to Mr. Krauthammer:

Charles,

I take your criticism seriously and you are correct that you are owed an apology. There was clearly an internal confusion about the two busts and there was no intention to deceive. I clearly overshot the runway in my post. The point I was trying to make – under the belief that the Bust in the residence was the one previously in the Oval Office– was that this oft repeated talking point about the bust being a symbol of President Obama’s failure to appreciate the special relationship is false. The bust that was returned was returned as a matter of course with all the other artwork that had been loaned to President Bush for display in his Oval Office and not something that President Obama or his Administration chose to do. I still think this is an important point and one I wish I had communicated better.

A better understanding of the facts on my part and a couple of deep breaths at the outset would have prevented this situation. Having said all that, barring a miracle comeback from the Phillies I would like to see the Nats win a world series even if it comes after my apology

Thanks,

Dan Pfeiffer

It is good to see Mr. Pfeiffer finally issue a formal apology, after his juvenile and remarkably ignorant rebuttal...

Read More:
White House issues embarrassing apology to Charles Krauthammer over Churchill bust gaffe – Telegraph Blogs
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

The Obama presidency is fond of issuing apologies for America on the world stage, but very rarely makes them at home to Americans. White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer has just issued one to Washington Post columnist and Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer, who last week wrote an op-ed berating the Obama administration for removing a bust of Sir Winston Churchill from the Oval Office when it came to power. Pfeiffer had issued a stinging attack on Krauthammer, alleging that his Churchill bust reference was “100 percent false.” Krauthammer was of course 100 percent correct, and the British Embassy in Washington even issued a statement contradicting Pfeifer’s remarks.

Here is the full text of Pfeiffer’s mea culpa, published on the White House blog in the form of an open letter to Mr. Krauthammer:

Charles,

I take your criticism seriously and you are correct that you are owed an apology. There was clearly an internal confusion about the two busts and there was no intention to deceive. I clearly overshot the runway in my post. The point I was trying to make – under the belief that the Bust in the residence was the one previously in the Oval Office– was that this oft repeated talking point about the bust being a symbol of President Obama’s failure to appreciate the special relationship is false. The bust that was returned was returned as a matter of course with all the other artwork that had been loaned to President Bush for display in his Oval Office and not something that President Obama or his Administration chose to do. I still think this is an important point and one I wish I had communicated better.

A better understanding of the facts on my part and a couple of deep breaths at the outset would have prevented this situation. Having said all that, barring a miracle comeback from the Phillies I would like to see the Nats win a world series even if it comes after my apology

Thanks,

Dan Pfeiffer

It is good to see Mr. Pfeiffer finally issue a formal apology, after his juvenile and remarkably ignorant rebuttal...

Read More:
White House issues embarrassing apology to Charles Krauthammer over Churchill bust gaffe – Telegraph Blogs
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

That is no apology. I was right you were wrong does not equate to apology.

Where is the apology here?

The Dan asshole essential cried foul for making a mistake by explaining how he made a mistake and then wrapped it up with a "thanks".

Arrogant fucking shit stains, this administration.

Charles,

Thanks,

Dan Pfeiffer

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

That is no apology. I was right you were wrong does not equate to apology.

Best you're gonna get from the spoiled Marxist juveniles in this Administration.

The Dan asshole essential cried foul for making a mistake by explaining how he made a mistake and then wrapped it up with a "thanks".

Yup.

You must spread some reputation...

Forum List

Back