White House FINALLY admits embassy attack was terrorism, not spontaneous

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Al Qaeda, ex-Gitmo detainee involved in consulate attack, intelligence sources say | Fox News

This past Sunday:
"It was a reaction to a video that had nothing to do with the United States," Rice told Fox News. "The best information and the best assessment we have today is that this was not a pre-planned, pre-meditated attack. What happened initially was that it was a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired in Cairo."

Today:
"Yes, they were killed in the course of a terrorist attack on our embassy," Matt Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, said during a Senate hearing Wednesday.

Sufyan Ben Qumu is thought to have been involved and even may have led the attack, Fox News' intelligence sources said. Qumu, a Libyan, was released from the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in 2007 and transferred into Libyan custody on the condition he be kept in jail. He was released by the Qaddafi regime as part of its reconciliation effort with Islamists in 2008.

"We are looking at indications that individuals involved in the attack may have had connections to Al Qaeda or Al Qaeda's affiliates, in particular Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb," he said at the Senate Homeland Security Committee hearing.

Hmmm....he was released when Bush was president. I'm sure that as more information is gathered, the administration will make further statements.

So....all the subsequent protest are all "terrorist attacks" too, then? Those terrorists used that video to carry out their plan. The protests after the attack provided a way to create confusion as to who was responsible, and it certainly is responsible for all the anti-American sentiment around the globe....I wouldn't doubt that the group that carried out the attack is in full PR mode over there saying that the video was what spurred their actions.

It's not nearly as black and white as you guys are making it.....the video still plays a large part in this....just not necessarily the way people thought in the beginning.

Hmmm....he was released when Bush was president. I'm sure that as more information is gathered, the administration will make further statements.

wow. 3 posts in and we have our first 'It's Bush's fault!'

dumb ass.

Dude....what does the year 2007 mean to you? That doesn't mean that the attack was Bush's fault......A good faith act between Bush and Ghaddafi was violated by the former Libyan President....so, if anything it was his fault.

So....all the subsequent protest are all "terrorist attacks" too, then? Those terrorists used that video to carry out their plan. The protests after the attack provided a way to create confusion as to who was responsible, and it certainly is responsible for all the anti-American sentiment around the globe....I wouldn't doubt that the group that carried out the attack is in full PR mode over there saying that the video was what spurred their actions.

It's not nearly as black and white as you guys are making it.....the video still plays a large part in this....just not necessarily the way people thought in the beginning.

Who argued that?

Are you really as much of a fucking retard as you appear to be?

the Consul attack wasnt a protest, it was a coordinated attack.

Who argued that?

Well....apparently, since you aren't arguing.....it wasn't retarded. BTW.... show me ONE post from anyone else, especially a Conservative, that stated what I just did.

All I've seen from you guys is how evil Muslims are, how it's all Obama's fault, and a bunch of "fuck 'em if they don't like the video" rhetoric. Never once did any of you say....yeah....they used that video to stir up hatred towards us".

You want to talk about retarded? Try the hatred of the people who made such an easy tool for them to use against us.

Re-read my post carefully and get back to me.

Who argued that?

Well....apparently, since you aren't arguing.....it wasn't retarded. BTW.... show me ONE post from anyone else, especially a Conservative, that stated what I just did.

All I've seen from you guys is how evil Muslims are, how it's all Obama's fault, and a bunch of "fuck 'em if they don't like the video" rhetoric. Never once did any of you say....yeah....they used that video to stir up hatred towards us".

You want to talk about retarded? Try the hatred of the people who made such an easy tool for them to use against us.

Huh? Do you want me to prove -or disprove your lameass strawman argument?

LOL@ Inbred Stoolfan.

Again, it takes time to sort through what did happen, if you can get to the truth at all. Who knows, the assessment may change as more information is gleaned. I'm just saying that at first glance it may have seemed like it was spontaneious and as more info comes to light, the the story of what happened may be modified yet again. As far as Bush is concerned, this man who supposedly organized the attack was released on Bush's watch. Maybe he shouldn't have been? It doesn't make the attack Bush's fault necessarily but at the same time, if this guy weren't released, maybe the attack wouldn't have happened.

No.....no.....look over there, Romney said something about Obamination supporters are mostly leaches......

wow. 3 posts in and we have our first 'It's Bush's fault!'

dumb ass.

Dude....what does the year 2007 mean to you? That doesn't mean that the attack was Bush's fault......A good faith act between Bush and Ghaddafi was violated by the former Libyan President....so, if anything it was his fault.

yeah, i'm sure THAT is what COH meant :rolleyes:

I re-read your post. It really didnt change since the last time I did. I stand by what I said.

When a thought gets through that steel plate it is stuck there forever, isn't it?

Who argued that?

LOL@ Inbred Stoolfan.

so....you question my intelligence because I bring up something that you say no one is arguing about....but has never, to my knowledge, has been suggested, as if it were old news.....So I asked you to show me where it's been brought up before.....I mean hey....if it has....Great....someone's actually using their heads.

The question is....if we're all in agreement with what I said in my OP, based on your response, then why was it "retarded"? Just because you wanted to act like an asshole, I presume.

LOL@ Inbred Stoolfan.

so....you question my intelligence because I bring up something that you say no one is arguing about....but has never, to my knowledge, has been suggested, as if it were old news.....So I asked you to show me where it's been brought up before.....I mean hey....if it has....Great....someone's actually using their heads.

The question is....if we're all in agreement with what I said in my OP, based on your response, then why was it "retarded"? Just because you wanted to act like an asshole, I presume.

No, I question your intelligence because you are obviously a double-digit IQ inbred Stooler fan.

I re-read your post. It really didnt change since the last time I did. I stand by what I said.

Ok....let me spell it out for you real slow.....or perhaps you didn't hear me.....

WHERE......IN....MY......POST......DID.......I......SAY......IT......WASN'T.....A.......COORDINATED......ATTACK?

I said they used that video as a tool to create the subsequent protests as:

A. a diversion to create confusion in figuring out who was responsible.

B. to inflame anti-American sentiment and bring more people into their fold.

I also said it was quite possible that the group responsible for the attack are using the video as a reason/excuse for the attack to the rest of their countrymen so they might be viewed more as heroes than villians.....and once again....recruit more to their ranks.

There....I explained my OP in as much detail as I possibly could....if you still don't understand what I was saying, I don't know what to say.

Forum List

Back