White House attacks 'false' Atlantic story about Trump insulting dead soldiers: 'What a disgrace!'

Trump didn't say he was going to sue for libel or slander.
Why not?
Answer that question, Trump Culties.
He's FAMOUS for suing people who "lie" about him.
From American Bar Association:

Trump and his 3,500 suits: Prosecutor and author reveals in interview his portrait of 'Plaintiff in Chief'

Honestly, if there was ever a time to sue a media outlet for slander this would be it. Politicians can't be thrown through the MSM media loop and all networks carry it without a shred of evidence in order to harm peoples campaigns. Media outlets should be forced to defend slander like this in court.

I find it odd how generally cautious networks like CBC just run with any news from any two bit source as long as it fits the narrative. This attack seems quite coordinated. Trying to swing support back to the Dems?

The White House is describing an anonymously sourced article from The Atlantic as "a disgrace," claiming that it falsely accuses President Trump of insulting dead soldiers and being ignorant of who fought in World War I.

"Not a soul brave enough to put their name on any of these accusations. That's because they are false," White House spokesman Judd Deere tweeted on Thursday.

"Just another anonymously sourced story meant to tear down a Commander-in-Chief who loves our military and has delivered on the promises he's made. What a disgrace!"

The Atlantic's article, written by editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg, cites four unnamed sources in saying that Trump claimed the Aisne-Marne American cemetery near Paris was "filled with losers." Trump had canceled a visit to the cemetery in 2018, prompting widespread criticism in the media at the time. The president claimed his helicopter couldn't fly in the rain and that the Secret Service would drive him there -- claims that Goldberg says are false.

With the blatant lies Dems told about Romney I feel the Dem's Trump lies will be over the top the next 2 months. Trump fathers love child with alien these people on the left are lowlife scum.

The Trumpian cultists are far more concerned with Nancy Pelosi's salon day than bounties placed on U.S. Soldiers, sailors and Marines by Russia. They will discuss confederate monuments before they consider Trump's attitude toward wounded and fallen Americans.

Priorities.

Honestly, if there was ever a time to sue a media outlet for slander this would be it. Politicians can't be thrown through the MSM media loop and all networks carry it without a shred of evidence in order to harm peoples campaigns. Media outlets should be forced to defend slander like this in court.

I find it odd how generally cautious networks like CBC just run with any news from any two bit source as long as it fits the narrative. This attack seems quite coordinated. Trying to swing support back to the Dems?

The White House is describing an anonymously sourced article from The Atlantic as "a disgrace," claiming that it falsely accuses President Trump of insulting dead soldiers and being ignorant of who fought in World War I.

"Not a soul brave enough to put their name on any of these accusations. That's because they are false," White House spokesman Judd Deere tweeted on Thursday.

"Just another anonymously sourced story meant to tear down a Commander-in-Chief who loves our military and has delivered on the promises he's made. What a disgrace!"

The Atlantic's article, written by editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg, cites four unnamed sources in saying that Trump claimed the Aisne-Marne American cemetery near Paris was "filled with losers." Trump had canceled a visit to the cemetery in 2018, prompting widespread criticism in the media at the time. The president claimed his helicopter couldn't fly in the rain and that the Secret Service would drive him there -- claims that Goldberg says are false.
This is just the begining.
The Dems will be starting new smear campaigns every week until election day.
They save the biggest ones until the week before election day.
If the Dems will try to frame Trump with their Russian Collusion hoax, they will do anything.
I do not understand why anyone still trusts anything that they say.

It would be unforgivable, a hangin' offense, if the president simply thought of fallen, POW/MIA, wounded American troops with such contempt and disrespect let alone mutter it to his staff.

But denying this scandal is to deny what we've heard and read concerning Trump's attitudes. He said John McCain was a hero due to his status as a POW in a war Trump deferred himself from serving in. Trump knew of McCain's injuries while he was in captivity yet couldn't summon the basic humanity to show gratitude for those who defend you.

Trump told the widow of a soldier K.I.A. in Niger that "he knew what he signed up for.'

Trump took $400,000,000 away from projects like new schools, housing and infrastructure on military bases to fund his border wall. And he had to take it to court. That's how much he loves the troops.

So deny the story. Deny the reporting. Deny any and all sources and even sources yet to be heard. But is it possible that every Trump misstep isn't a lie and those reporting them aren't liars? Has your skepticism driven out all reason?

Even Generals are coming out blasting the Trump pos No vet,no soldier can vote for the republican garbage

Now let's get an earful of what Trump considers credible information and how he describes thugs on a plane:

"
But when asked about the story by reporters on Tuesday morning, the president said his story was based on "a firsthand account of a plane going from Washington to wherever" -- changing the direction the plane was flying, compared to what he claimed the day before.
He said he would see whether "the person" who he said told him the information would speak to reporters."""

So he deals in bullshit conspiracies and then offers no proof.
Sort of what the idiots on this board do all the fucking time.
John Bolton talks about this visit in his own book. That the trip was scrapped because of the weather and that visibility made it impossible to land. So...yeah...it’s fake news.

I believe the article,

I wonder if he was molested in the military school he went to, I find it strange that a Potus would call the military who died in a war, losers and suckers, I have never heard of such a thing, my God calling the dead servicemen loser and suckers. really!!
It was debunked by John Bolton’s book. Nice try though...or not.

Trump on live TV now denying that he said this shit and said that there are many people who have come forward to say the story is false.
BUT OF COURSE his sources are NOT named!
Well dumb fuck, John Bolton, who hates Trump, has come out and called bullshit on this garbage. So there's that. He was there. Another fail.

This is just the begining.
The Dems will be starting new smear campaigns every week until election day.
They save the biggest ones until the week before election day.
If the Dems will try to frame Trump with their Russian Collusion hoax, they will do anything.
I do not understand why anyone still trusts anything that they say.

Yes and it will always be something Trump said.

Because they have nothing on what Trump has done, it has all been great and American.

Sure, and he really didn't call McCain a loser for getting shot down and captured while he weaseled out of service.
It never happened.
Now if you understand it did happen this falls right in line with that.
McCain was a RINO and a loser. The money spent training him was wasted because he let himself be captured.

Sure, and he really didn't call McCain a loser for getting shot down and captured while he weaseled out of service.
It never happened.
McCain was a RINO and a loser. The money spent training him was wasted because he let himself be captured.
lenny I expect no less from a trump supporting POS

It never happened.

WW2 veterans, especially the dead ones, are universally beloved across all party lines. No one would even think they are losers, let alone say something like that out loud. Its sad that such a ridiculous claim like this can be made and still be considered legitimate news. Youre dumb for believing this silly horseshit. :laugh:

Last edited:

It never happened.

WW2 veterans are universally beloved across all party lines. No one would even think they are losers, let alone say something like that out loud. Its absurd that such a ridiculous claim like this can be made and still be considered legitimate news. Youre dumb for believing this silly horseshit. :laugh:

It falls right in line of what we know of Trump.

I have no doubt he said this but just to argue, even if he didn't it sounds exactly like something he would say.

It never happened.

WW2 veterans are universally beloved across all party lines. No one would even think they are losers, let alone say something like that out loud. Its absurd that such a ridiculous claim like this can be made and still be considered legitimate news. Youre dumb for believing this silly horseshit. :laugh:

It falls right in line of what we know of Trump.

I have no doubt he said this but just to argue, even if he didn't it sounds exactly like something he would say.
Trump has dug his own hole. Years of saying horrible things about veterans who have opposed or criticized him has convinced people he has little if any respect for those who served simply because of their service and sacrifice. His history of endless compulsive lying seals the case against him. As many have said, even his own sister, Donald can not be trusted.

It never happened.
As much as it pains me top be fair to McCain, when you eject into a enemy country where you are a foot taller and have different colored skin than the inhabitants, escape and evasion is nearly impossible.

Forum List

Back