White Flight, the taboo subject.

So long as there are place to fly to, there will be white flight.

Whites need to ask themselves, "what happens when those places run out'?

Will you stand and fight?

White flight would not be so noticeable if Liberals weren't doing it too

Racism is a subjective term, what in this piece do you deem as racist?

Let's start with where you put it:
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum > US Discussion > Race Relations/Racism > White Flight, the taboo subject.

You're the one who made it about race.

I didn't put it there, the mod did. It is absolutely about race, but I am curious as to where he sees racism in the video and whom he thinks the racism is being perpetrated upon?

I didn't really see a perpetrated race crime in the video - I saw a voluntary exodus by some whites from communities they didn't want to leave, but felt compelled to because better economic and social opportunities lay elsewhere on the map. Race played a part but only as a symptom of the larger issue - a declining standard of living and a growing population of po' folks to move away from. The way I see it... most of the people in the video saw a lack of green, not an influx of brown when they chose to move.

If unemployment in Southern California was 1% and hiring bonuses were common, most whites wouldn't care if the neighborhood came with a tan. Just one more argument for fair taxes and appropriate regulation.

Every American will leave their business and their home at exactly the same time: When something truly better comes along. And only a fool or a sloth quits looking entirely.

Last edited:

Does it make you mad that your ancestors were so focused on short-term profits and personal ego that they screwed their descendants by bringing a LOT of blacks here against their will to begin with?

:eusa_think: Makes me wonder what the kids in 165 years are going to think about the upper-crust of today.

Does it make you mad that your ancestors were so focused on short-term profits and personal ego that they screwed their descendants by bringing a LOT of blacks here against their will to begin with?

:eusa_think: Makes me wonder what the kids in 165 years are going to think about the upper-crust of today.

My ancestors never owned slaves, and weren't in America until within the second half of the 20th century. That seems to be an asinine assumption. But I agree, the 2% of Americans who owned slaves when it was legal did screw the rest of us by bringing millions of Africans over here, and people who live in America on the aggregate would be better off if Africans were never brought here here.

Last edited:

My ancestors never owned slaves, and weren't in America until within the second half of the 20th century. That seems to be an asinine assumptions. But I agree, the 2% of Americans who owned slaves when it was legal did screw the rest of us by bringing millions of Africans over here, and people who live in America on the aggregate would be better off if Africans were never brought here here.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts it would be Christmas every day. Have blacks stopped you from achieving your goals in life?

My ancestors never owned slaves, and weren't in America until within the second half of the 20th century. That seems to be an asinine assumptions. But I agree, the 2% of Americans who owned slaves when it was legal did screw the rest of us by bringing millions of Africans over here, and people who live in America on the aggregate would be better off if Africans were never brought here here.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts it would be Christmas every day. Have blacks stopped you from achieving your goals in life?
They on the aggregate have prevented me from keeping more of my property through their general voting patterns(like 90% of them), which directly effects my future prosperity. I guess that would be the most direct way. But that isn't a problem of black as much as it is democracy.

Blacks have been by far a burden to America, then any benefit

My ancestors never owned slaves, and weren't in America until within the second half of the 20th century. That seems to be an asinine assumption. But I agree, the 2% of Americans who owned slaves when it was legal did screw the rest of us by bringing millions of Africans over here, and people who live in America on the aggregate would be better off if Africans were never brought here here.

I know... I was speaking figuratively for dramatic effect.

Face it though, if the European elite between 1500 and 1900 had employed Europeans instead of bringing forced labor based on race to North and South America for short term profits, life would be different now.

Hell, life would be way different and America would be a WHOLE lot whiter if the Founding Fathers had simply re-read that line in the Declaration of Independence about self evident truths, that all men are created equal, and pruned slavery from The United States of America at her birth, the rest of the continent be damned.

Talk about a pivotal moment in history!

Last edited:
I just thought of something... If spreading one's seed to the farthest reaches of the globe in expanding populations is the evolutionary task at hand, white people, who were holding their own and just coming on to an extreme technical advantage before 1500, pretty much handed the game to black & brown people on a silver platter with the short term thinking of the oh, so profitable slavery years.

Oops.

Last edited:

Yes, yes it does.

As you might guess from my posts, I am a "pro-white" or a white separatist. I have acquaintances aplenty who share my views, in real life and here in cyberspace. They agree that slavery was one of the biggest mistakes of whitekind. And one in particular thinks of slavery as a sort of early version of the "neocons". I see what he's saying.

Where do you get your "millions of Africans" number from?

Truth is the number is closer to a half of million Africans were brought here as slaves.

Whites can FLY?!?!

Why am I always the last person to learn of these things?

Here's I've been walking around while the rest of you honkies are flying?

Thanks for the heads up, I'm on my way to the roof right now.

Good topic.

Racism doesn't exist in America...right?

Get out once in a while...

...and do a little reading.

1. “But major metro areas are casting a declining share of the nation's votes, while fast-growing counties beyond metro-edge cities, with family-size subdivisions and megachurches, are heavily Republican… Democrats have made their greatest gains in the nation's very largest metropolitan areas. At the same time, Republicans have been gaining in rural areas and the fast-growing metropolitan fringe.” Michael Barone, http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/001106/6pol.htm

2. These areas, with “with family-size subdivisions and megachurches,” termed ‘Sprinkler Cities” by David Brooks, are experiencing astounding growth, due to Americans looking to escape high taxes, bad schools, and still-high-priced homes.

a. “Sprinkler Cities are the fast-growing suburbs mostly in the South and West that are the homes of the new style American Dream, the epicenters of Patio Man fantasies. Douglas County, Colorado, which is the fastest-growing county in America and is located between Denver and Colorado Springs, is a Sprinkler City…. Sprinkler Cities are also generally the most Republican areas of the country. In some of the Sprinkler City congressional districts, Republicans have a 2 or 3 or 4 to 1 registration advantage over Democrats... In fact, the rising prominence of these places heralds a new style of suburb vs. suburb politics, with the explosively growing Republican outer suburbs vying with the slower-growing and increasingly Democratic inner suburbs for control of the center of American political gravity.” Patio Man and the Sprawl People | The Weekly Standard

b. Already, suburbanites make up about half of the country's population (while city people make up 28 percent and rural folk make up the rest), and America gets more suburban every year. According to the census data, the suburbs of America's 100 largest metro areas grew twice as fast as their central cities in the 1990s, and that was a decade in which many cities actually reversed their long population slides…. The majority of Asian Americans, half of Hispanics, and 40 percent of American blacks live in suburbia. Ibid.

While the election of ’08 saw votes from every geographic and demographic for Barak Obama, and explanations for this multiply daily, the ’10 mid-terms may indicate that this was an aberration, outside of the trends suggested above.
The next election may tell the growth outside of cities is a hint of dominance for the Republicans, or continuance of a divided polity.Ibid.

This 'racism' thing is a sickness you should try to get over.
Read this again, in the context of the post:
"The majority of Asian Americans, half of Hispanics, and 40 percent of American blacks live in suburbia."

Grow up.
Wise up.

10_9_136v1.gif

Republican -vs- Democrat: The Final Frontier in Racism

Joey...I hope you don't buy the equvalence argument, almost as bad as the 'Republicans are racists' argument.

History tells quite a different story.

Good topic.

Racism doesn't exist in America...right?

Get out once in a while...

...and do a little reading.

1. “But major metro areas are casting a declining share of the nation's votes, while fast-growing counties beyond metro-edge cities, with family-size subdivisions and megachurches, are heavily Republican… Democrats have made their greatest gains in the nation's very largest metropolitan areas. At the same time, Republicans have been gaining in rural areas and the fast-growing metropolitan fringe.” Michael Barone, http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/001106/6pol.htm

2. These areas, with “with family-size subdivisions and megachurches,” termed ‘Sprinkler Cities” by David Brooks, are experiencing astounding growth, due to Americans looking to escape high taxes, bad schools, and still-high-priced homes.

a. “Sprinkler Cities are the fast-growing suburbs mostly in the South and West that are the homes of the new style American Dream, the epicenters of Patio Man fantasies. Douglas County, Colorado, which is the fastest-growing county in America and is located between Denver and Colorado Springs, is a Sprinkler City…. Sprinkler Cities are also generally the most Republican areas of the country. In some of the Sprinkler City congressional districts, Republicans have a 2 or 3 or 4 to 1 registration advantage over Democrats... In fact, the rising prominence of these places heralds a new style of suburb vs. suburb politics, with the explosively growing Republican outer suburbs vying with the slower-growing and increasingly Democratic inner suburbs for control of the center of American political gravity.” Patio Man and the Sprawl People | The Weekly Standard

b. Already, suburbanites make up about half of the country's population (while city people make up 28 percent and rural folk make up the rest), and America gets more suburban every year. According to the census data, the suburbs of America's 100 largest metro areas grew twice as fast as their central cities in the 1990s, and that was a decade in which many cities actually reversed their long population slides…. The majority of Asian Americans, half of Hispanics, and 40 percent of American blacks live in suburbia. Ibid.

While the election of ’08 saw votes from every geographic and demographic for Barak Obama, and explanations for this multiply daily, the ’10 mid-terms may indicate that this was an aberration, outside of the trends suggested above.
The next election may tell the growth outside of cities is a hint of dominance for the Republicans, or continuance of a divided polity.Ibid.

This 'racism' thing is a sickness you should try to get over.
Read this again, in the context of the post:
"The majority of Asian Americans, half of Hispanics, and 40 percent of American blacks live in suburbia."

Grow up.
Wise up.

You realize that article is from a decade ago?

From the post: "The majority of Asian Americans, half of Hispanics, and 40 percent of American blacks live in suburbia."

Do you have data that disputes this in essence?

No?

Then I'll stick to the idea that Asian-Americans, Hispanics, and blacks...as well as whites...are smart enough to flee the Democrat controlled and directed enclaves known as the 'big cities.'

Thus, the pejorative "white flight" is a misnomer, meant to slander white people.
And, as Grav said earlier, there is an American dream in effect for people of all colors.

Oh, and tie-boy? The suburbs has grown even more: "As the first decade of the 21st century comes to a close, more black, Asian, Hispanic, foreign-born and poor people live in the suburbs of the nation’s largest metropolitan areas than in their primary cities."
Population Study Finds Change in the Suburbs - NYTimes.com

Blacks and Hispanics are turning the "Suburbs" into the same shitholes as they did in the cities.

Chicken and egg question really.

Do whites leave a neighborhood because blacks and other minorities move in, or do they move out allowing blacks and minorities to move in.

From my personal experience of living in a 93% white community, then living in a 40% white community, It seems a case of what you will tolerate as a quality of life. The filth, crime and general insanity of behavior in many poor minority neighborhoods is not tolerated by anyone upwardly mobile regardless of race, unless they are comfortable with living in a garbage strewn, cantankerous, violent and overly dramatic community. If you can't feel safe on your own property, or running daily errands, you leave to find a safer place.

This is common sense, but as you know, common sense is neither to most people.

I know I'm leaving my minority "majority" neighborhood because I'm sick of assaults, screaming matches, loud music, domestic violence and gang activity. I don't give a fuck what color that comes in. I go to the zoo to visit. I don't want to LIVE in a zoo.

Forum List

Back