High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Oh my, I thought only Blacks behave this way!:eek:

Vancouver Riots 2011: Fires Rage As Canucks Lose Stanley Cup

r-VANCOUVER-RIOTS-2011-large570.jpg

slide_29808_293154_huge.jpg

The worst nightmare for Vancouver is coming true.

Not only did the city's beloved Canucks lose in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final, it was shut out 4-0. Now a scene reminiscent of 1994 has emerged, when the city rioted under similar circumstances, with random fires, flipped cars, pole climbing, and riot police. (Scroll down for video.)

Beer bottles were tossed at giant TV screens in the game's dying moments, cars and garbage cans were set fire, and fistfights broke out, per the Canadian Press. Flash bombs were used to try to disperse the angry crowd, CBC reports.

Most reports and eyewitnesses, however, say the trouble has been caused by a small segment of fans. "I think it was a few people ... Everybody else is watching, some are cheering," said one eyewitness.

Vancouver Riots 2011: Fires Rage As Canucks Lose Stanley Cup (VIDEO)

Don't these people have a brain? It's a game, nothing but a frigging game.

I've never understood this mentality Ollie... I mean, don't get me wrong I can get bitchy when the Eagles lose in the playoffs(again) or the Sooners just give Texas the game but I don't feel the need to flip a car or burn down a building!

I've never understood this mentality Ollie... I mean, don't get me wrong I can get bitchy when the Eagles lose in the playoffs(again) or the Sooners just give Texas the game but I don't feel the need to flip a car or burn down a building!

I got pretty angry when the Celtics lost to the Lakers in game 7 last year but I didn't break anything.

As for the OP tho, you're damn skippy it isn't just blacks that riot H_G! Easy example would be to look on whats happening in Greece!

As for the OP tho, you're damn skippy it isn't just blacks that riot H_G! Easy example would be to look on whats happening in Greece!

People are people and we do the same stupid things, but the idiots on this board have it in their head only Blacks behave this way and all whites are angels. I guarantee you if there were riots in LA after the Lakers got swept in Crenshaw and Compton there would be 3 or 4 posts here with all the racist morons chiming condemning blacks.

Exactly, but then again the Eagles should always lose in the playoffs... :evil:

(Hard core Dallas Fan)

People are people and we do the same stupid things, but the idiots on this board have it in their head only Blacks behave this way and all whites are angels. I guarantee you if there were riots in LA after the Lakers got swept in Crenshaw and Compton there would be 3 or 4 posts here with all the racist morons chiming condemning blacks.

And that would make it even more stupid.

Yeah, I hear ya H_G. I've read a few of them... IMHO, a majority of these hate filled posters are 45+ years old and like them, this kind of racism will slowly die out.

Yeah, I hear ya H_G. I've read a few of them... IMHO, a majority of these hate filled posters are 45+ years old and like them, this kind of racism will slowly die out.

I hope so, ignorant people with that kind of racist thinking keep society from moving forward.

Damn, sore losers!! Let me get this straight, this is over Hockey!?!?

Yes, they take it very seriously in Canada it is like a religion.

Yes they do. Air Canada threatened to pull it's NHL sponsorship because the league didn't suspend Boston defenceman Zdeno Chara for a legal hit on Montreal Canadian Max Pacioretty

Damn, sore losers!! Let me get this straight, this is over Hockey!?!?

Yes, they take it very seriously in Canada it is like a religion.

Yes they do. Air Canada threatened to pull it's NHL sponsorship because the league didn't suspend Boston defenceman Zdeno Chara for a legal hit on Montreal Canadian Max Pacioretty

Wow, is Canada going to put troops on the border because of this loss?:eek:

Liberal mentality. Look at the places this happens.... Detroit, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal (calling the police over a hockey hit). These people believe that they are ENTITLED to win. It's not a matter of being better, they just DESERVE to win BECAUSE OF WHO THEY ARE.... When their little entitlement gets snatched away from them they have no recourse other than to lash out violently.

Sports fans in Vancouver don't have anything other than the Cafucks. There is nothing else up there; so the hockey team becomes their entire life. If you saw the photos of the quarter million of them standing our inside and outside the Rogers Center during Game 6 (which was in Boston) waiting in stunned numbness as the Bruins kicked them right where their man-parts should be (most of them don't have any) to force a Game 7; you could imagine what it was going to be like last night. Then the Bruins had the NERVE to go out to Western Canada and kick their whiny, diving, cheap-ass panty-waisted team in the privates AGAIN!!! On THEIR HOME ICE!!! On what was going to be THEIR NIGHT!!!! How dare they!!! How dare the goverment ALLOW such a thing to happen!!!!

Meanwhile in Boston, the Police had the area around TD Banknorth Garden secured by 7 o'clock last night. No motor vehicles were allowed into the area. After the game a total of SEVEN arrests were reported. There were no major confrontations between celebrating fans and the police.

I was in a sports bar in Worcester last night with about 200 Bruins fans and TWO Canucks fans. There were no issues. A little heckling (both ways); but all in good natured fun. Nobody got assaulted, physcially or verbally.

A tale of two cities alright.

Liberal mentality. Look at the places this happens.... Detroit, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal (calling the police over a hockey hit). These people believe that they are ENTITLED to win. It's not a matter of being better, they just DESERVE to win BECAUSE OF WHO THEY ARE.... When their little entitlement gets snatched away from them they have no recourse other than to lash out violently.

Sports fans in Vancouver don't have anything other than the Cafucks. There is nothing else up there; so the hockey team becomes their entire life. If you saw the photos of the quarter million of them standing our inside and outside the Rogers Center during Game 6 (which was in Boston) waiting in stunned numbness as the Bruins kicked them right where their man-parts should be (most of them don't have any) to force a Game 7; you could imagine what it was going to be like last night. Then the Bruins had the NERVE to go out to Western Canada and kick their whiny, diving, cheap-ass panty-waisted team in the privates AGAIN!!! On THEIR HOME ICE!!! On what was going to be THEIR NIGHT!!!! How dare they!!! How dare the goverment ALLOW such a thing to happen!!!!

Meanwhile in Boston, the Police had the area around TD Banknorth Garden secured by 7 o'clock last night. No motor vehicles were allowed into the area. After the game a total of SEVEN arrests were reported. There were no major confrontations between celebrating fans and the police.

I was in a sports bar in Worcester last night with about 200 Bruins fans and TWO Canucks fans. There were no issues. A little heckling (both ways); but all in good natured fun. Nobody got assaulted, physcially or verbally.

A tale of two cities alright.

I see your point about these fans feeling entitled to win, I know alot of Laker fans that are still in denial about their beloved Lakers getting swept out of the playoffs and they react angrily when you inform them Kobe Bryant is no longer the best player in the NBA, if he ever even was, I am surprised those morons did not riot in LA.

Forum List

Back