White Flight, the taboo subject.

The one black family in my neighborhood moved out about a year ago or so.
With you in the neighborhood, who could blame them?

Obviously not you.

But still, I'd guess that it had a lot more to do with the fact they were getting a divorce because the husband was cheating than anything I did. But I guess maybe they got annoyed the couple times I carried their empty trash barrels up for them because they'd blown into the road. You never know. :dunno:
Pulling a mal?

:lol:

With you in the neighborhood, who could blame them?

Obviously not you.

But still, I'd guess that it had a lot more to do with the fact they were getting a divorce because the husband was cheating than anything I did. But I guess maybe they got annoyed the couple times I carried their empty trash barrels up for them because they'd blown into the road. You never know. :dunno:
Pulling a mal?

:lol:

:eusa_eh:

I don't even own photoshop. :lol:

And........don't forget........15 percent of our military is black.

How is that not being productive?
There are more blacks in prison

That doesn't mean a damn thing in the country with the highest incarceration rate on the planet, hands down.

List of countries by incarceration rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's a lame excuse. But fine, I will give you a country with an average incarceration rate, the United Kingdom(minus Northern Ireland), has the 92nd highest incarceration rate out of 216 countries, this is according to your list.
List of countries by incarceration rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7.3 out of 1000 Blacks are in prison, whereas 1.3 out of 1000 Whites(British and Non-British) and 1.7 out of 1000 Asians are in Prison.
BBC NEWS | UK | Stop and search 'race gap' grows

Just for good measure, Canada is 123rd on the list. Yet Blacks make up 6% of the prison population while they only make up 2% of Canadians(the prison population is 3 times the national population), whereas whites make up 71% of the prison population and are 84% of the population.
http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/rsrch/reports/r144/images/r144_e_img_2.jpg
http://www.internetjournalofcrimino... Diversity and Criminal Justice in Canada.pdf

Your excuse doesn't fly because across the Western World Blacks statistically have the higher crime rates than Whites or Asians

Good topic.

Racism doesn't exist in America...right?

It does, Marc, but these days, it seems to be far more about class than about color, and that means it's seen quite differently. We have a disproportionate number of Blacks and other minorities still trapped in poverty, and while it's true that poverty does not equal crime,it does correlate with it, enough so that the perception is that with one, comes the other. There's rarely a problem for the Black executive or professional who moves into an upper class or upper-middle class neighborhood; the problem occurs, one might say, closer to the margins; let Blacks move into a working class, or even middle class, area, and white flight soon follows, driven by fear of crime, and fear of declining property values (which often becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Perceptions being what they are, one family's chance to move up, becomes another's catastrophe. From an economic standpoint, that doesn't have to be,at least, not in theory; there's no reason anyone can only get his share of the economic pie at the expense of someone else. In the real world, though, that often IS what happens. Add that, to those on both sides of the divide who for one reason or another think fear is a useful tool, and here we go again.

The thing is, we can't, under our constitution, tell anyone he can't sell his home and move; so people move up, ghettoization moves with them, and we're back to square one. Minorities perceive this as blatant racism; a lot of White America sees it as simple fear. Minorities see a thinly-veiled excuse, Whites see it as something legitimate; and it doesn't matter much from either perspective just how much is reality, and how much is just perception. It's hard to deal with, because there is legitimate truth to be found on both sides, in one situation or another. Now put in our current economic situation, in which middle and working class people of all races feel insecure, vulnerable, and threatened, and we have a mess that has no easy solutions.
There is also the issue of "racial blackmail". This phenomenon exists primarily with blacks in that those left behind by their upwardly mobile counterparts use expressions about those who've left "trying to act white" or "forgetting where they came from". This occurs in schools where achieving black students are harassed because they applying themselves.
The interesting part of what is referred to as "white flight" is actually "class" or "success flight". This mass move out includes people of all races.
The idea of "flight" being purely a racist reaction to the black family moving in next door is simply a propaganda ploy used by some leaders in the black community who need victims in order to justify their connection with the media and government handouts.

Good topic.

Racism doesn't exist in America...right?

Get out once in a while...

...and do a little reading.

1. “But major metro areas are casting a declining share of the nation's votes, while fast-growing counties beyond metro-edge cities, with family-size subdivisions and megachurches, are heavily Republican… Democrats have made their greatest gains in the nation's very largest metropolitan areas. At the same time, Republicans have been gaining in rural areas and the fast-growing metropolitan fringe.” Michael Barone, http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/001106/6pol.htm

2. These areas, with “with family-size subdivisions and megachurches,” termed ‘Sprinkler Cities” by David Brooks, are experiencing astounding growth, due to Americans looking to escape high taxes, bad schools, and still-high-priced homes.

a. “Sprinkler Cities are the fast-growing suburbs mostly in the South and West that are the homes of the new style American Dream, the epicenters of Patio Man fantasies. Douglas County, Colorado, which is the fastest-growing county in America and is located between Denver and Colorado Springs, is a Sprinkler City…. Sprinkler Cities are also generally the most Republican areas of the country. In some of the Sprinkler City congressional districts, Republicans have a 2 or 3 or 4 to 1 registration advantage over Democrats... In fact, the rising prominence of these places heralds a new style of suburb vs. suburb politics, with the explosively growing Republican outer suburbs vying with the slower-growing and increasingly Democratic inner suburbs for control of the center of American political gravity.” Patio Man and the Sprawl People | The Weekly Standard

b. Already, suburbanites make up about half of the country's population (while city people make up 28 percent and rural folk make up the rest), and America gets more suburban every year. According to the census data, the suburbs of America's 100 largest metro areas grew twice as fast as their central cities in the 1990s, and that was a decade in which many cities actually reversed their long population slides…. The majority of Asian Americans, half of Hispanics, and 40 percent of American blacks live in suburbia. Ibid.

While the election of ’08 saw votes from every geographic and demographic for Barak Obama, and explanations for this multiply daily, the ’10 mid-terms may indicate that this was an aberration, outside of the trends suggested above.
The next election may tell the growth outside of cities is a hint of dominance for the Republicans, or continuance of a divided polity.Ibid.

This 'racism' thing is a sickness you should try to get over.
Read this again, in the context of the post:
"The majority of Asian Americans, half of Hispanics, and 40 percent of American blacks live in suburbia."

Grow up.
Wise up.

You realize that article is from a decade ago?
Your point being...?

So long as there are place to fly to, there will be white flight.

Whites need to ask themselves, "what happens when those places run out'?

Will you stand and fight?

Does it make you mad that your ancestors were so focused on short-term profits and personal ego that they screwed their descendants by bringing a LOT of blacks here against their will to begin with?

:eusa_think: Makes me wonder what the kids in 165 years are going to think about the upper-crust of today.

My ancestors never owned slaves, and weren't in America until within the second half of the 20th century. That seems to be an asinine assumption. But I agree, the 2% of Americans who owned slaves when it was legal did screw the rest of us by bringing millions of Africans over here, and people who live in America on the aggregate would be better off if Africans were never brought here here.

Ever heard of Monrovia?

Does it make you mad that your ancestors were so focused on short-term profits and personal ego that they screwed their descendants by bringing a LOT of blacks here against their will to begin with?

:eusa_think: Makes me wonder what the kids in 165 years are going to think about the upper-crust of today.

My ancestors never owned slaves, and weren't in America until within the second half of the 20th century. That seems to be an asinine assumption. But I agree, the 2% of Americans who owned slaves when it was legal did screw the rest of us by bringing millions of Africans over here, and people who live in America on the aggregate would be better off if Africans were never brought here here.

I know... I was speaking figuratively for dramatic effect.

Face it though, if the European elite between 1500 and 1900 had employed Europeans instead of bringing forced labor based on race to North and South America for short term profits, life would be different now.

Hell, life would be way different and America would be a WHOLE lot whiter if the Founding Fathers had simply re-read that line in the Declaration of Independence about self evident truths, that all men are created equal, and pruned slavery from The United States of America at her birth, the rest of the continent be damned.

Talk about a pivotal moment in history!

I suppose "indentured servitude" is a concept to which you are unfamiliar.

One might but wonder whether Our Kenyan President would be welcomed here should he arrive in search of a residence as opposed to being a visitor whose meals and lodging (not to mention greens fees and ice cream cones) are paid for with your tax dollars. I'd like to think he might. Perhaps.

It's more like the way the stock market works. If a few people start selling, people start wondering what's up, and then suddenly, it's like dominoes toppling, and everyone is selling. The person who sells last loses. It's more a matter of perception than anything. And, I would say that it isn't a purely white thing. It's an economic thing, primarily.

Yes, quite often Asians high tail it outta there too.
It's a socio-economic thing. When you look at the stereotypical cultures of these groups, based on their economic means as well as traditional home life, everyone wants to live with people like them. This isn't Levitown here. This is just natural. Now, if you have a tolerance for the foibles of one culture for another (say you prefer loud screaming families and unkempt lawns over silent conformity of carpet like lawns) you will move to such a neighborhood regardless of color.

On the other hand, regardless of race, if you don't want to live in a place where you have to drive everywhere to get something from the store that's 8 blocks distant and no bus service, you won't live there.

You can also consider "Co-op agreements", Home Owners Associations, gated communities and secure buildings as just one more aspect. I'd feel like I was in hell living in a place where some retiree or stay at home mom found her value in life going around measuring people's lawns to make sure it was not longer than 2.75 inches tall and threatening the people with fines if they didn't cut it. Just as much as I feel like I'm in hell if I have drunks staggering down my apartment building hall, shitting in corners and making me fear for my life when I walked outside.

You live where you're comfortable most times, or you find a way to leave it. Race has nothing to do with it beyond stereotypical percentages of finding certain behaviors that are attached by tradition to each race when it is in the majority in a locale.
Not all Asians.
Take New York's Harlem for example.
About 30 -35 years ago, Korean Immigrants began opening stores( bodegas) in upper Manhattan. The new owners were very hard working people, who sometimes spent so much time in their stores they slept in them. As more Korean owned stores opened we read stories where the locals became resentful. They said the Koreans were doing such things as speaking their native tongue to each other in the presence of customers. The locals felt slighted by the store clerk placing change for the purchase on the counter rather than had it to the customer. The Koreans were accused of forcing locals out of business by using predatory pricing. And of course there were flat out accusations of racism.
The bottom line is the blacks and Hispanics just didn't like having newcomers in their neighborhoods.

Last edited:
My neighborhood is full of upscale black professionals who hightailed it out of the hood.
Wheres this? :lol:

North Florida. But, the same is true all over the South. There are extremely upscale majority black subdivisions in Atlanta, DC, etc.

Yes there is . As a matter of fact in a break from that program's usual liberal slant, 60 Minutes did a story on black self segregation which featured an upscale neighborhood in suburban Atlanta.
I believe there are several upscale black enclaves in Maryland's northern Suburbs of DC. Same thing. As a matter of fact local Realtors were marketing these neighborhoods to upper middle class blacks.

Wheres this? :lol:

North Florida. But, the same is true all over the South. There are extremely upscale majority black subdivisions in Atlanta, DC, etc.
and let me guess, they don't care if you're white and possibly bring down their property values either?
Gald you said that. In that "60 Minutes" report on black self segregation, one of the couples interviewed said they were very suspicious when the white family moved in on her street.
The woman said she talked with her neighbors and they all said they wondered what this white family was doing moving into the neighborhood.
This comment came as no surprise to me. People are going to gravitate toward those people whom with they feel most comfortable. No amount of PC guilt, government interference or do-gooder policy is going to change that. As a matter of fact the harder the above people push to try to get people to live in a certain place , the more of a guarantee they will resist.

For the record I live in the city for now because I don't want to drive 30-45 minutes from the burbs to get to a decent night club, bar or concert.

That's a choice we all have to make.
It's ok for some to live in urban settings because entertainment and work is convenient.
In the large city near here, mostly younger professionals bought the new hi rise condos and townhomes in the center city. Because of the housing bust, many of those condos are vacant.
In any event as people age, marry and have children their priorities change. They want yards, parks and quiet in the evening.
Tell ya what, during the last decade there was quite a surge of younger middle or upper middle class professional singles and childless couples moving back into urban settings.

One might but wonder whether Our Kenyan President would be welcomed here should he arrive in search of a residence as opposed to being a visitor whose meals and lodging (not to mention greens fees and ice cream cones) are paid for with your tax dollars. I'd like to think he might. Perhaps.

Hey stupid.......he was born in Hawaii, and spent part of his childhood in INDONESIA!

Not even on the same fucking continent you retard.

Hey stupid.......he was born in Hawaii, and spent part of his childhood in INDONESIA!

Perhaps on your planet Kenya is located on a continent resembling North America on ours?

Except he wasn't born in Kenya. It must really piss off Republicans that a son of an immigrant could become President.

Perhaps on your planet Kenya is located on a continent resembling North America on ours?

Again you fucking retarded cock monkey, Obama was born in Hawaii.

Hawaii isn't part of the Continental United States.

Geography wasn't your strong suit was it?

If Obama was born in Kenya, the libs would love him even more.

Forum List

Back