Which Song should be played to torture detainees in Gitmo?

Mr. P said:
Torture? The Barny song of course..you know "I love you, you love me....."
That'll do it.

I like Barney, dammit!

Gabriella84 said:
I believe a good mixture of rap, Britney Spears and Celine Dion would torture a confession out of anyone.
The more hardcore cases could be forced to debate current events with Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton and Nick Carter.

Finally!!!!! Something that we can agree on! Definitely an' fer sure!

Speaking of rap "artists" .... can any of those dim bulbs make a sentence without using the expression "Yo"?

Play every Christmas album known to man. I'm pretty loyal and can keep myself sane during torture, but after three weeks at a grocery store in December, listening to the same 12 songs by 300 people...only 2 of whom could carry a tune...I was ready to sell out my country.

Shattered said:
I like Barney, dammit!
Sorry, no offense intended, but IMO ....... anything is an improvement over Marilyn Manson ..... nuclear detonations included.

All of this coming from the guy who likes to listen to Captain Beefheart, Arnold Schoenburg, and this that the singing voice of Jorma Kaukonen of Hot Tuna is worth listening to.....

KarlMarx said:
Sorry, no offense intended, but IMO ....... anything is an improvement over Marilyn Manson ..... nuclear detonations included.

All of this coming from the guy who likes to listen to Captain Beefheart, Arnold Schoenburg, and this that the singing voice of Jorma Kaukonen of Hot Tuna is worth listening to.....

Hey, I like Hot Tuna & Captain Beefheart and Phish and Rusted Root. :eek:

KarlMarx said:

You're just not really *hearing* Marilyn Manson - you're only listening. :D:D

This outta get me a lecture or two.. MM is a HE. His name is a combination of beautiful/ugly & good/evil (Marilyn Monroe & Charles Manson). You can't have beauty without uglieness, and you can't have good without evil.. He's the head of a goth band - each of the other band members have similar names..

mm1.jpg

Shattered said:
This outta get me a lecture or two.. MM is a HE. His name is a combination of beautiful/ugly & good/evil (Marilyn Monroe & Charles Manson). You can't have beauty without uglieness, and you can't have good without evil.. He's the head of a goth band - each of the other band members have similar names..

Poor Manson, I feel sorry for him. Just another spit out music industry gimick like The Backstreet Boys.

I don't feel sorry for him - he makes more money than both of us put together. :)

(Oh, and he wasn't a preformed gimick, either - not that it really matters)

Marilyn Manson... idiot to the 10th degree. (sorry shattered)

As far as torture music, how about some heavy techno-industrial rock? Or, for those that remember the movie "Ransom" with Mel Gibson, the music they played in that kid's room.

gop_jeff said:
Marilyn Manson... idiot to the 10th degree. (sorry shattered)

As far as torture music, how about some heavy techno-industrial rock? Or, for those that remember the movie "Ransom" with Mel Gibson, the music they played in that kid's room.

Don't be sorry - you're entitled to your opinion.. But, what are you basing your opinion on, if you don't mind me asking?

Shattered said:
Don't be sorry - you're entitled to your opinion.. But, what are you basing your opinion on, if you don't mind me asking?

Basically, I think he's playing up the anti-Christian schtick to make money. Not to mention the weirdo androgynous (sp?) schtick. And the rebel-against-society schtick. It's all a gimmick to sell records to kids who think themselves to be rebels of some sort.

Plus, the music is really not all that great. Even when I hear a new MM song on the radio, without knowing who it is, I don't enjoy it.

Forum List

Back