which is more destructive to the sanctity of marriage?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by spectrumc01, Mar 5, 2011.

?

which is more destructive to the sanctity of marriage?

Poll closed Mar 7, 2011.
  1. Divorce is more destructive.

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Gay marriage is more destructive.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    The defense of marraige act will no longer be enforced by our government. Thank God for small favors. First let me say that the government has absolutely no business in the lives of it's citizens churches and especially their bedrooms. The next thing to do now is to get the churches out of our bedrooms.

Which is more destructive to the "sanctity of marriage"? Gay marriage or divorce? IMO it must be divorce. The divorce rate is over 50% in this country, and I recognize that repeat offenders artificially inflate that number, but not by that much.

The gay community is realatively small but compared to the press they get and the outrage directed at them for wanting the same rights as everyone else (as per the constitution) is unbelievable. You can see just about every reverend, priest, or pastor condemn the gay community and rail against them. They have gone far into the political arena to try and guarantee they do not get equal rights i.e. marriage. Why would they do this? IMO it is because organized religion has become an elitist organization. They need to make themselves feel superior to everyone else. This is why everyone else is going to hell but them and their particular brand of religion.:(

Divorce, is the third rail of religion. Pastors, preists, and reverends rarely, if at all, ever talk about divorce. Why is that? IMO it is because they do not want to loose their congregation. If they were to turn the same effort and energy they use against gays, against their own parrishoners, for divorcing they wouldn't have a congregation left. It is true that in the bible the appostles gave exceptions and reasons for divorce, but Jesus and God never did, hmm....can you imagine a priest saying "I'm sorry, but you can't get divorced because what is bound on earth is bound in heaven, Jesus says." The reply would be even funnier, "But Paul said...." I didn't realize that Paul trumps Jesus?:eek:

So the question I have is what is more destructive to the institution of Marriage? Homosexuals or Divorce?

2. Tetracide

Tetracide The Truth Is Not For All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I think the state should privatize marriage.

3. AmericanFirst

AmericanFirst Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,005
    You are so wrong it is laughable. For one thing Gay marriage is not protected in the constitution. They do not get any more rights than anyone else, even though they think they do. Pastors, Ministers, and Priests are always talking about divorce. And as far as obamaturd not following the law in defending DOMA, impeach him!

4. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    illiteracy

5. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    Much of the increase in Divorce rate is a result of people not fucking dying any more

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Politically-Incorrect-Guide-Women-Feminism/dp/1596980036]Amazon.com: The Politically Incorrect Guide to Women, Sex And Feminism (9781596980037): Carrie L. Lukas: Books[/ame]

6. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    "So the question I have is what is more destructive to the institution of Marriage? Homosexuals or Divorce?"

Divorce.

My own answer if more choices, would be a "marriage license." :D

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,540
    Boehner Says House Will Intervene To Support Defense of Marriage Act

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said on Friday that he will begin the process for House intervention in litigation over the constitutionality of the federal Defense of Marriage Act.

Boehner said he intends to convene the Bipartisan Legal Advisory Group, which, under House rules, has the authority to instruct the Office of House General Counsel to take legal action on behalf of that chamber.

President Barack Obama last month announced that he had determined, after consultation with Attorney General Eric Holder, that the law, known as DOMA, would not pass constitutional muster under a heightened review standard. As a result, Holder said he would inform district courts in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2d Circuit as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit that the department would no longer defend the law. He also said Congress should have the opportunity to defend the law.

Boehner Says House Will Intervene To Support Defense of Marriage Act - The BLT: The Blog of Legal Times

8. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    Congress wrote the stinking law.....let THEM defend it

9. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    People, we can't let fag marriage happen.

Can you imagine the damage to the children if Republicans don't have the Law to help them resist abandoning their children and eloping with their gay lovers they met in the bathroom?

10. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    Entitlement programs would be another HUGE one. ( Welfare )

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1