Where's The Beef?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Well, gay marriage has been legal again in California for (almost) 48 hours. Let's have some early reports of the devastation wrought by this decision.

* Who's getting divorced because of it?

* How many of your kids have "decided" to become gay in the last 48 hours?

* Anyone's pastor, preacher, rabbi or priest gone nuts from being pestered to perform gay marriage ceremonies yet?

* How many hetero marriages have been "disrespected"?

* How many pets have gotten sick over the news?

* Anyone noticed a slow down in trash collection?

* Has your morning cereal stopped doing that fiber thing?

What's the damage count so far???????????

HUH?

This just in from Southern California: Gays running rampant in the streets, attacking old people, looting stores. I'm telling you, it's chaos here.

Film at eleven . . .

It's very telling what lefties DWELL on as the most important things to them.

The people in California just had their rights stepped all over by some activist judge, but do the lefties give a shit.?

• Banned
So Stephanie....IYO, the "people of California" have the right to detract from the fundamental rights of some of them? Does the US constitution not apply in California then, IYO?

Still waiting to hear about the damage caused by recognizing the rights of gays. Flooding? Wildfires? Earthquakes?

O wait, you already have them out there.

Slow pick up day for Fed Ex mebbe?

Well, gay marriage has been legal again in California for (almost) 48 hours. Let's have some early reports of the devastation wrought by this decision.

* Anyone's pastor, preacher, rabbi or priest gone nuts from being pestered to perform gay marriage ceremonies yet?

HUH?

Maddy, I thought you were a lawyer.

Gay marriage is still in limbo because Walker issued a stay at the same time he said Prop 8 is unconstitutional.

So Stephanie....IYO, the "people of California" have the right to detract from the fundamental rights of some of them? Does the US constitution not apply in California then, IYO?

Still waiting to hear about the damage caused by recognizing the rights of gays. Flooding? Wildfires? Earthquakes?

I do not see SSM activist standing up for the rights of Mormon's to enjoy polygamous marriages.

Government recognition of marriage is always going to discriminate against someone, which is why the government should not be defining marriage in any way, shape, or form.

The people in California just had their rights stepped all over by some activist judge, but do the lefties give a shit.?

nope, a conservative judge ruled that citizen rights can't be restricted by voting and that true conservative judge is/was correct

nope, a conservative judge ruled that citizen rights can't be restricted by voting and that true conservative judge is/was correct

I honestly haven't read the ruling, BUT if he indeed said gays have a right to marry, he blew it . NO ONE has a right to state sanctioned marriage. PERIOD.

I don't give a shit what they do in CA as long as it doesn't cost me any money. Will this ruling put the state further in debt?

well, it will in the sense that someone has to pay for the lawsuits.

But I seen a post from someone on here the other day, a fool by the way, claiming that CA would become rich if gay marraige was legalized LOL

I do not see SSM activist standing up for the rights of Mormon's to enjoy polygamous marriages.

Government recognition of marriage is always going to discriminate against someone, which is why the government should not be defining marriage in any way, shape, or form.

If the government should have no "say" in who does and does not get married, then neither should the church or "the People"

If the government should have no "say" in who does and does not get married, then neither should the church or "the People"

Exactamundo.

Walker is a conservative? I knew he was gay, but I didn't realize that he was a conservative as well...

Based on what I've read about the guy, he strikes me as more of a libertarian than anything else.

Last edited:
It delights me to know the judge has not yet ruled on staying his decision. Quantum Windbag was w-r-o-n-g-o. LOL.

California Gay Marriage: Jerry Brown, Govenor Arnold Schwarzenegger Call For Same-sex Marriages to Resume - chicagotribune.com

I am wrong? He issued a temporary stay until he rules on a longer one, I think that makes me right. Despite his argument in the ruling that this is not a fundamental change to current law I am sure he realizes it is, and that he will allow the stay to continue so that SCOTUS will have time to think adapt to the ruling before being forced to decide it.

HUH?

erosion is a slow process...

Forum List

Back