Wrong man (again) shot dead in Marijuana raid.

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
Last month, we wrote about the tragic slaying of Trevon Cole, a 21-year-old father-to-be who was shot and killed by a police officer in front of his pregnant fiancé during a raid on their Las Vegas home.

At the time, police claimed they had evidence that Cole was a marijuana dealer; undercover officers had reportedly purchased marijuana from him on three separate occasions and allegedly took an unknown amount from his home during the raid.

Cole’s fiancé said at the time that Trevon smoked marijuana occasionally but was not a drug dealer, and police were slow to answer questions about the validity of the raid itself, let alone the tactics used.

Now we know why: They raided the wrong Trevon Cole.

(Read more here)
UPDATE: Police Targeted Wrong Man in Deadly Las Vegas Raid — MPP Blog

Ok, so here we have some story from some obscure blogger, that gives no actual facts as to what really happened.....Nothing about what the mans actions were when the cops raided the home....Did he reach for a gun?....Did he reach for a knife....As usual, just another cop hater thread with no facts.

Oh, and i'm one of those conservatives who happen to believe MJ should be legalized. Hell, I enjoy partaking in a toke every now and then but, this cop blaming BS is getting to be fucking ridiculous.

Get some REAL facts, before running a thread please. Posting from some obscure blog does nothing.

Wacky weed aside there is a growing epidemic of the miltarized police force breaking down doors and shooting up the place even when the warrant is actually at the right house. There is ZERO excuse for this behavior. This is called TYRANNY, and we fought a revolution against the same style tactics.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Ok, so here we have some story from some obscure blogger, that gives no actual facts as to what really happened.....Nothing about what the mans actions were when the cops raided the home....Did he reach for a gun?....Did he reach for a knife....As usual, just another cop hater thread with no facts.

Oh, and i'm one of those conservatives who happen to believe MJ should be legalized. Hell, I enjoy partaking in a toke every now and then but, this cop blaming BS is getting to be fucking ridiculous.

Get some REAL facts, before running a thread please. Posting from some obscure blog does nothing.
The "obscure blogger" provided a credible source but in your eagerness to defend the police you apparently overlooked the link to a legitimate newspaper report of the facts. Here is a relevant excerpt and the URL.

"But Cole's record in his native California was limited to a conviction for misdemeanor unlawful taking of a vehicle. He probably never even visited Houston.

Investigators might have confused him with another Trevon Cole -- one with a different middle name who is seven years older, at least three inches shorter and 100 pounds lighter, records show. That Trevon Cole has several marijuana-related arrests in Houston, all misdemeanors."

POLICE SHOOTING: Affidavit errors raise questions - News - ReviewJournal.com

Also, go here for more facts on what is going on in America with regard to wrongful police raids. I'd like to know your thoughts about this data, which is compiled and reported by the Cato Institute. I hope it sufficiently credible for your requirement.

Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

While I am no cop lover when it comes to their entering people's homes, I do have to side with this to some degree. Police just don't go into homes and kill people. Why did they shoot him? I'd be willing to be there was a "we thought he had a weapon" in there somewhere.

Speaking as someone who did this for a living. I can tell you that people are nuts. You go in the house yelling DEA DEA and they pop up wwith knives, guns, sic dogs on you, whatever.

One time we were serving a warrant on a farmhouse and the people had dug a giant pit filled it with snaked and covered it with a tarp and foilage hoping that someone would fall in it, luckily no one did.

I got shot at once by a neighbor who claims he thought I was a criminal trying to break into his neighbors house. Hint I was wearing cammo with a blue judicial drug task force windbreaker on.

A friend of mine was stabbed by a 12 y/o who's daddy taught him to hate cops.

Bottom line, even when serving a no knock warrant LEO is required to identify themselves as they are coming through the door, or window. so there is no " I didn't know it was a cop" and there are plenty of instances of people killing LEO. So even though some of yall would be happy with cops being killed, too bad they do have the right to protect themselves.

While I am no cop lover when it comes to their entering people's homes, I do have to side with this to some degree. Police just don't go into homes and kill people. Why did they shoot him? I'd be willing to be there was a "we thought he had a weapon" in there somewhere.
George,

I am old enough to remember when kicking down the door of an American citizen's home was something reserved for only the most expediently necessary and unavoidable circumstances -- such as the preservation of innocent life or the apprehension of extraordinarily dangerous felons. Since the War on Drugs initiated formation of the Law-Enforcement Industrial Complex it has become a vehicle for the transformation of America into a police state in which these violent intrusions are commonplace all over America, many of them conducted for the most trivial of reasons, too many of them occuring as mistakes for which there rarely is so much as an apology.

In this specific instance the man was innocent of anything that might warrant such an intrusion. This was another mistaken identity, revealing the outrageous casualness under which these raids are planned and executed.

You should also consider the fact that such home invasions by British Regulars played a very significant role in provoking the American Revolution.

While you might not be a "cop lover" you certainly are rather uninformed. So go here and then let us hear from you. Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

Speaking as someone who did this for a living. I can tell you that people are nuts. You go in the house yelling DEA DEA and they pop up wwith knives, guns, sic dogs on you, whatever.

One time we were serving a warrant on a farmhouse and the people had dug a giant pit filled it with snaked and covered it with a tarp and foilage hoping that someone would fall in it, luckily no one did.

I got shot at once by a neighbor who claims he thought I was a criminal trying to break into his neighbors house. Hint I was wearing cammo with a blue judicial drug task force windbreaker on.

Bottom line, even when serving a no knock warrant LEO is required to identify themselves as they are coming through the door, or window. so there is no " I didn't know it was a cop" and there are plenty of instances of people killing LEO. So even though some of yall would be happy with cops being killed, too bad they do have the right to protect themselves.
Con Hog,

The best way to respond to this kind of outrageous, un-American, authoritarian bullshit is with the appropriate level of expressive profanity. So let me say with unabashed sincerity that the next time you go about kicking some citizen's door down because he might be holding some marijuana I truly hope he blows your fucking head off with a 12 ga. shotgun. Because the United States will be a better place without people like you.

Regards.

I'd rather live next to a marijuana dealer than live in a city whose cops kick in doors of mistaken suspects and then shoot them in the fucking head.

Con Hog,

The best way to respond to this kind of outrageous, un-American, authoritarian bullshit is with the appropriate level of expressive profanity. So let me say with unabashed sincerity that the next time you go about kicking some citizen's door down because he might be holding some marijuana I truly hope he blows your fucking head off with a 12 ga. shotgun. Because the United States will be a better place without people like you.

Regards.

:eek: I'm retired but WOW

Regards.

Just had to weigh in on this one..... MikeM, your a piece of shit!

Im sure you have never needed a police officer in your life.

ConHog,
Thanks for your service as an official of law enforcement. Im glad you lived to see retirement, and may it be a happy one at that. (kinda like sitting by a pool drinking Fat Tire beer)

I have not always been on the right side of the law (I am now though) and I NEVER BUT NEVER hoped to see an officer injured, much less killed.

That was way uncalled for MikeM.
:evil:

Regards.

ConHog,
Thanks for your service as an official of law enforcement. Im glad you lived to see retirement, and may it be a happy one at that. (kinda like sitting by a pool drinking Fat Tire beer)

I have not always been on the right side of the law (I am now though) and I NEVER BUT NEVER hoped to see an officer injured, much less killed.

At another time, when America consisted of Thirteen Colonies held under the heel of brutal British oppression and the doors of colonists were routinely kicked down, you would be known as an ass-kissing Tory and you would have been tarred and feathered, which you and your kind richly deserve.

Con Hog,

Regards.
And here we have another piece o' garbage weighing in.

You just blew your own credibility's brains out.....Ya' fuckin' moron!

Bottom line, even when serving a no knock warrant LEO is required to identify themselves as they are coming through the door, or window. so there is no " I didn't know it was a cop"

Most of the time, yes.

There are cases where this does happen though, and the resident is not aware that the police are the ones breaking into the house. Happened in Atlanta here about 2-3 years ago.

Cops executed a no-knock on a residence, based on information that the "task force" fabricated, and wound up busting in, literally, on an elderly lady. The lady lived in a "bad" part of town, and had a small caliber gun by her, so she popped off a couple of shots that went waaay wide (she was thinking that hoodlums were busting in to her house, and it is unclear whether she was trying to fire shots into the ceiling to scare whoever she thought was entering). Cops killed her deader than shit. No drugs in house.

FBI investigated, task force was disbanded and a bunch of the cops went to trial. Couple of them I think are behind bars for fabricating the evidence, and then trying to doctor the scene to make it look like she was a threat to them when they fired. An acquaintance of mine was on the task force, but luckily not on this raid. He was suspended (with pay) for 2 freaking years. Just went back to work about 6 months ago.

Kathryn Johnston (June 26, 1914 - November 21, 2006)[1] was an elderly Atlanta, Georgia woman who was shot by undercover police officers in her home on Neal Street in northwest Atlanta on November 21, 2006, where she had lived for 17 years. Three officers had entered her home in what was later described as a 'botched' drug raid.[2][3][4] Officers cut off burglar bars and broke down her door using a no-knock warrant.[5] Police said Johnston fired at them and they fired in response; she fired one shot out the door over the officers' heads and they fired 39 shots, five or six of which hit her.[3][6] None of the officers were injured by her gunfire, but Johnston was killed by the officers. Police injuries were later attributed to "friendly fire" from each others' weapons.[2][3][6]

One of the officers planted marijuana in Johnston's house after the shooting.[7][8] Later investigations found that the paperwork stating that drugs were present at Johnston's house, which had been the basis for the raid, had been falsified.[3] The officers later admitted to having lied when they submitted cocaine as evidence claiming that they had bought it at Johnston's house.[7] Three officers were tried for manslaughter and other charges surrounding falsification and were sentenced to ten, six, and five years respectively.[3]

Kathryn Johnston shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards.

ConHog,

At another time, when America consisted of Thirteen Colonies held under the heel of brutal British oppression and the doors of colonists were routinely kicked down, you would be known as an ass-kissing Tory and you would have been tarred and feathered, which you and your kind richly deserve.

:confused:

W T F ????

You are a class A moron

Forum List

Back