Where the hell are these folks?

Try acting like a mod for a bit. Your taunting and flaming is overboard.

No, its onboard.

I accepted the position and it was understood by all parties involved that I would still be me and so it has remained and shall remain.

Take your impotent bitching and whining somewhere else, nobody fucking wants to hear it here.

No, its onboard.

I accepted the position and it was understood by all parties involved that I would still be me and so it has remained and shall remain.

Take your impotent bitching and whining somewhere else, nobody fucking wants to hear it here.

Okie dokie-----I guess you get "special" treatment that I wasn't aware of.

Have a great day !

Okie dokie-----I guess you get "special" treatment that I wasn't aware of.

Have a great day !

Well if it makes you feel better to call being yourself "special treatment" then by all means run with it.

Here is the deal, i'm not changing, my mod status is not changing, now you can either deal with those two facts and enjoy yourself on the board or you can politely leave and find another home, the choice is up to you.

Well if it makes you feel better to call being yourself "special treatment" then by all means run with it.

Here is the deal, i'm not changing, my mod status is not changing, now you can either deal with those two facts and enjoy yourself on the board or you can politely leave and find another home, the choice is up to you.

Of course it's my choice----if the freedom to be "you" includes just flaming away to your hearts desire, I assume you have permission from the powers that be to do so. I think it jsut makes USMB look trashy myself---but as you say I can leave or stay.

Of course it's my choice----if the freedom to be "you" includes just flaming away to your hearts desire, I assume you have permission from the powers that be to do so. I think it jsut makes USMB look trashy myself---but as you say I can leave or stay.

*note to newer members*

Its always helpful when you have a tough time debating successfully with another member to go ahead and classify everything that member has ever done as "flaming". Although false and wholly disingenuous most newer members will not take the time to check the record and assume the accuser is correct.

:rock: :rock:

*note to newer members*

Its always helpful when you have a tough time debating successfully with another member to go ahead and classify everything that member has ever done as "flaming". Although false and wholly disingenuous most newer members will not take the time to check the record and assume the accuser is correct.

:rock: :rock:

they can read the brilliant essays you post for themselves---your a waste of my time----i'm going to cook some breakfast--damn I'll miss ya !!! :funnyface

Brings us to the thread topic.

Maybe they got tired of the BS.:tongue1:

How could anyone tire of this kind of witty repartee? Doesn't it remind you of the Algonquin Club? No? More like a kindergarten for ritalin children? Yeah, that's what it reminds me of sometimes.

How could anyone tire of this kind of witty repartee? Doesn't it remind you of the Algonquin Club? No? More like a kindergarten for ritalin children? Yeah, that's what it reminds me of sometimes.

SNL skit with Mike Myers. He was tied to the play structure wearing a helemt. He kept trying to run away, but sadly, always ran out of rope. :laugh:

It's just a little spat about rules and stuff like that. Ignore it if you think it's cool for moderators to flame people.

It's just a little spat about rules and stuff like that. Ignore it if you think it's cool for moderators to flame people.

Is this a referendum on OCA and his heavy handed ways? Well, Dillo, I agree with you that OCA frequently bans people for the same type of language that he freely dispenses. He also goads people into "crossing the line" so that he can ban them. He flames board members, but can't take a hit himself without whining. He seems to pick on the people to whom this board actually means something to, so that the ban might affect them. People with a feeble grip like RWA. I doubt that he will ban me for saying this, because he knows I don't give a shit. I don't think he's a good moderator, but maybe the powers that be like him for some reason. Maybe it's a good cop, bad cop routine. Maybe they want a variety of moderating styles and OCA is one of the outliers. I think he lowers the overall tone of the discourse around here. Once in a while he takes a principled stance, primarily on immigration and racism, but his temper is out of control. But this is nothing new, I have told him this and when I had an altercation with him I mentioned it to some of the other moderators, who seemed to agree. I don't know how things work around here, because I don't actually know any of the people.

Is this a referendum on OCA and his heavy handed ways? Well, Dillo, I agree with you that OCA frequently bans people for the same type of language that he freely dispenses. He also goads people into "crossing the line" so that he can ban them. He flames board members, but can't take a hit himself without whining. He seems to pick on the people to whom this board actually means something to, so that the ban might affect them. People with a feeble grip like RWA. I doubt that he will ban me for saying this, because he knows I don't give a shit. I don't think he's a good moderator, but maybe the powers that be like him for some reason. Maybe it's a good cop, bad cop routine. Maybe they want a variety of moderating styles and OCA is one of the outliers. I think he lowers the overall tone of the discourse around here. Once in a while he takes a principled stance, primarily on immigration and racism, but his temper is out of control. But this is nothing new, I have told him this and when I had an altercation with him I mentioned it to some of the other moderators, who seemed to agree. I don't know how things work around here, because I don't actually know any of the people.

Jim had a thread so all could voice their opinion on the mod stuff a few months ago.
Many did, nothing changed, and so it goes.

Love it or leave it. Or maybe just tolerate it.

Jim had a thread so all could voice their opinion on the mod stuff a few months ago.
Many did, nothing changed, and so it goes.

Love it or leave it. Or maybe just tolerate it.

I can easily tolerate it. I was just answering Dillo's question with my honest opinion. I run a couple of other boards myself and if people don't like it I tell them to start their own. Then again I don't flame the other people.

I can easily tolerate it. I was just answering Dillo's question with my honest opinion. I run a couple of other boards myself and if people don't like it I tell them to start their own. Then again I don't flame the other people.
I understand...Just saying flaming by mods is the norm here. Members have NO recourse.

EDIT: I should say a few Mods. not all.

Forum List

Back